Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Obituaries

B-Man

Mary Wilson, co-founder of The Supremes, dead at 76

ABC News, by Megan Stone

Original Article

The music industry is mourning the death of Mary Wilson, a Motown legend and co-founder of The Supremes. She was 76. The legendary girl group, of which she was the longest-running member, recently celebrated its 60th anniversary. Wilson's longtime friend and publicist, Jay Schwartz, confirmed her death early Tuesday. Berry Gordy, founder of Motown, openly grieved the late legend in a public statement, writing, "I was always proud of Mary. She was quite a star in her own right and over the years continued to work hard to boost the legacy of the Supremes."

On 2/7/2021 at 2:39 PM, B-Man said:

RIP: George Schultz. 
Sadly, I doubt many of Biden’s ambassadors could pass that test.

But they sure know where their money is and where it comes from. 

UNSURPRISING: 

‘I’m glad he’s dead’: ‘Rest in piss’ trends as compassionate, tolerant liberals dance on Rush Limbaugh’s grave.

Just as their hatred for Trump is really hatred for Trump’s voters, so their hatred for Limbaugh is really hatred for Limbaugh’s audience.

Without hatred for their fellow Americans, the left would have no reason to feel special.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

I watched a plane hit the Pentagon, and I wasn't nearly this celebratory when bin Laden was killed.  

I was pretty close when Tom Daschle lost.

p.s.  It was a missile.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Don't tell anyone, but it's really a Hexagon.  The sixth side is where they hide the super-duper top secret stuff, like UFO tech and the recipe to Coke Classic and the secret to Tom Arnold's appeal...

Just as long as they still keep Cobra Commander's Dick Cheney's weather dominator under the flagpole in the center.

• 2 weeks later...

Terribly sad news.

(AP) — St. Bonaventure University President Dennis DePerro died Monday from complications of COVID-19, according to the university. He was 62. DePerro was hospitalized since late December after testing positive for COVID-19 on Christmas Eve. The university said it's unknown how he contracted it.27 mins ago
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, KD in CA said:

RIP Roger Mudd.   He was never the top dog, but one of those steady journalists I saw often enough as a kid that actually made me trust/believe what I was being told.  What a different age.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/09/business/roger-mudd-obit-trnd/index.html

He was a descendant of Dr.Samuel Mudd, the doctor that  helped set John Wilkes Booth's leg  when he was on the run. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1