Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2021 Buffalo Bills Schedule

Ann

Bills’ 2021 strength of schedule ranks in the bottom half of the NFL

The Buffalo Bills should be a highly-motivated bunch in 2021. After a massively successful campaign this past season, the Bills will want to prove that was no flash in the pan. This team here to stay, right?

Well in doing so, the Bills will actually… have an easier road? According to numbers recently calculated by Steelers Wire, the Bills’ 2021 schedule is tied for the 23rd easiest in 2021. In Buffalo’s breakout campaign this past year, the Bills were in a tie for the fifth-toughest slate at the start of the year.

</snip>

T23. Buffalo Bills: 123-133-0 (.480)

</snip>

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ann said:

Bills’ 2021 strength of schedule ranks in the bottom half of the NFL

The Buffalo Bills should be a highly-motivated bunch in 2021. After a massively successful campaign this past season, the Bills will want to prove that was no flash in the pan. This team here to stay, right?

Well in doing so, the Bills will actually… have an easier road? According to numbers recently calculated by Steelers Wire, the Bills’ 2021 schedule is tied for the 23rd easiest in 2021. In Buffalo’s breakout campaign this past year, the Bills were in a tie for the fifth-toughest slate at the start of the year.

</snip>

T23. Buffalo Bills: 123-133-0 (.480)

</snip>

Wouldn't 23rd easiest translate to 9th hardest?

4 minutes ago, Koko said:

Wouldn't 23rd easiest translate to 9th hardest?

Why are you doing this to me so early in the morning. I don't math until hyper-dosed with caffeine

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Report: Bills, NFL 2021 schedule to be released in May

... According to Sports Business Journal, during the second week in May, the league will be releasing their full 2021 schedule. Like every year, the NFL keeps us on our toes the entire year once again. ...

... This year’s schedule release also has an extra nugget added to it. Is the NFL going to add a 17th game? In the last collective bargaining agreement between the league and players, an option was included for the increase. ...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I want to add this here too in order to keep things tidy:

From the article...

• The 17-game schedule is highly likely in 2021. No surprise there. TV partners and NFL schedulers are working under the assumption that the 17-game schedule (the way was paved for it last March when players approved a new CBA) will debut in 2021.

• The league calendar gets pushed back one week, with a likely Feb. 13 Super Bowl in Los Angeles. No extra bye—17 games in 18 weekends. Super Bowl LVI, originally scheduled for Feb. 6, 2022 and airing on NBC, has not been officially moved yet. The league hasn’t said a word about moving the game to officials in Los Angeles. But the NFL won’t start the season on the ratings-quashing Labor Day Weekend, and the league doesn’t want to add an extra regular-season bye week. So that adds up to Feb. 13, which would be the latest Super Bowl in history.

</snip>

A note about how the league configured the extra game: When the NFL was choosing options, the formula that prevailed—follow me now—was AFC versus NFC, cross-conference matchup from two years ago, 2021 matchup based on 2020 standings. Now that you’re totally confused, here’s an example: The four AFC West teams played the four NFC North teams in 2019. In 2020, Kansas City finished in first place in the AFC West, Green Bay first in the NFC North. So in 2021, it’s AFC West against NFC North, and 1-versus-1 from ‘20 becomes Green Bay versus Kansas City. I will bet you a Kroll’s West cheeseburger with an ice-cold Spotted Cow that the networks will brawl over this ratings-gold game. This game alone is reason enough for the league to rush the 17th game onto the 2021 schedule.

</snip>

• A Monday night wild-card game? I think it’s somewhere between 50-50 and very likely. Last year, the NFL wouldn’t consider playing one of six wild-card games on Monday night because it would have conflicted with the Jan. 11 college football national title game. The NFL instead played three wild-card games on Saturday and three Sunday in the 2020 season. This season, college football will play the championship game in Indianapolis on Monday night, Jan. 10, 2022. That leaves Jan. 17 as the football-free Monday night of Wild Card Weekend. So the NFL could play two games on Saturday, three on Sunday, and one on Monday. Screaming, of course, will commence about the Monday night winner playing a short-week game the following Sunday. (And the NFL would ensure that the Monday night winner would not play until Sunday of divisional weekend.) Balderdash. With three wild-card games on Saturday, six teams are sure to play a short-week game. With two wild-card games on Saturday and one on Monday, five teams are assured of a short-week game—four on Saturday and Monday’s winner, which would play the following Sunday. If I’m a coach, I’m happy after playing 17 games in 18 weeks to have an extra day of rest before a playoff game. What’s the argument against it?

• Hearing it’s most likely to be AFC hosting all 16 newly invented games in 2021. Then NFC teams hosting in 2022. If that’s how it goes, it’s the fairest way. Competitive equity is the key. You don’t want three NFC East teams playing eight at home and the fourth playing nine at home.

• Christmas football. Dec. 25 falls on a Saturday, and the NFL is considering playing two games that day. The league was encouraged by the big rating for last season’s Saints-Vikings game (20.1 million viewers on FOX, the highest non-Sunday rating for the network in more than two years), so expanding to two games seems like a good business experiment.

</snip>

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1376208742098829320

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ann said:

17 games, 10.5? Going with the Bills 10 wins or lower? Or 11 wins and higher?  What say you?

Baltimore must have a soft schedule if they are at a .5 game higher than the Bills.

1 hour ago, Ann said:

17 games, 10.5? Going with the Bills 10 wins or lower? Or 11 wins and higher?  What say you?

I highlighted the Bills 2021 opponents. 10 of 17 games are against teams with 9+ projected wins.

image.png.ebb4f532f3407c9bf86e9b853cfad86b.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hedge said:

I highlighted the Bills 2021 opponents. 10 of 17 games are against teams with 9+ projected wins.

image.png.ebb4f532f3407c9bf86e9b853cfad86b.png

From your highlighted list, I'm having a hard time finding fewer than 12 wins.  That said, I don't think I'd bet the "over" on Bills 10.5.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2020 at 10:22 AM, NCBillsFan said:

I certainly hope not. I'm targeting all three Florida away games to attend. You never know how long the lockdown nonsense continues.

Exactly. If Erie county pulls that vax card mandate, I'm going to Miami.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...