Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

WEEK #16: Bills @ **Patriots

GG1

leh-nerd skin-erd
1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Can’t confirm that yet. 

I’ll go back to ignoring her. :classic_ninja:

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. You’re the hero here.  If the world was fair you’d be first in line for COVID vaccine. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nanker said:

Newton is benched according to my wife who said she read it somewhere. Will try to get a linky thingy. 

According to this article it’s not official yet, but Belichick seems wishy-washy at best on Cam as the starter moving forward. 

https://www.masslive.com/*Patriots/2020/12/bill-belichick-on-whether-hed-bench-cam-newton-for-jarrett-stidham-well-see.html

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Belichick is many things, but indecisive isn't one of them.

If he's not committing, it's not because he hasn't committed.  It's because he wants to keep the Bills uncertain.

I agree, but I also think he’s telling us it’s Stidham by not telling us. He’s been asked this question earlier in the season when Cam has played poorly, and he’s always been insistent that Cam was the starter. 

leh-nerd skin-erd
24 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

If he's not committing, it's not because he hasn't committed.  It's because he wants to keep the Bills uncertain.

"One of the reasons Belichick has floundered as a coach is that he can't make a decision.  It's why the *Patriots have sucked our nuts these last 20 years."

(Consider this my reimagined history in the "Man in the High Castle" vein)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chandemonium said:

I agree, but I also think he’s telling us it’s Stidham by not telling us. He’s been asked this question earlier in the season when Cam has played poorly, and he’s always been insistent that Cam was the starter. 

I would think so.  I know BB plays to win the game, but it makes no sense to not give Stidham two games for evaluation.  There’s no way they bring back Newton next year, right?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I would think so.  I know BB plays to win the game, but it makes no sense to not give Stidham two games for evaluation.  There’s no way they bring back Newton next year, right?

I'd be surprised if they bring back Cam. I am not even sure he gets a job as a back-up. He just looks like a shadow of his former self.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

They are deathly afraid of allowing Cam to throw the ball

17 minutes ago, Ann said:

I'd be surprised if they bring back Cam. I am not even sure he gets a job as a back-up. He just looks like a shadow of his former self.

2 reasons:

1.  He has no idea where the ball is going...much like Big Ben

2.  They literally have zero NFL receivers on their roster.  It's unbelievable that Belichick can coach up average defensive talent into really productive players but can't figure out wide receivers.  They've had an insane amount of busts over the years and had to use free agency to get almost everyone of note.

5 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Yes the defense has to prepare for either smooth gruel or lumpy slop.

8 hours ago, Nanker said:

Newton is benched according to my wife who said she read it somewhere. Will try to get a linky thingy

Of your wife? nooooo

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

2 reasons:

1.  He has no idea where the ball is going...much like Big Ben

2.  They literally have zero NFL receivers on their roster.  It's unbelievable that Belichick can coach up average defensive talent into really productive players but can't figure out wide receivers.  They've had an insane amount of busts over the years and had to use free agency to get almost everyone of note.

How long does Bill endure this? 1 season turn this around? Not without a QB IMO

41 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

How long does Bill endure this? 1 season turn this around? Not without a QB IMO

That's the big question.  Bill doesn't look healthy.  He's gained a ton of weight over the past couple of years and he seems worn down.  What's going on there isn't a quick turn around - they will get some of the COVID guys back and they'll draft higher than they have in a long time...but they've got a ton of holes.

I'm curious to see if he tries to fix someone like Wentz.

17 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

That's the big question.  Bill doesn't look healthy.  He's gained a ton of weight over the past couple of years and he seems worn down.  What's going on there isn't a quick turn around - they will get some of the COVID guys back and they'll draft higher than they have in a long time...but they've got a ton of holes.

I'm curious to see if he tries to fix someone like Wentz.

Fitz and Minshew