NFL PLAYOFF MACHINE (updated weekly)

Norm

th?id=OIP.tmwC5_3mptvf3L1g80uP4wHaG9&pid=Api&P=0&w=191&h=180

Current Playoff Picture

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine <---

Buffalo Bills AFC  #2 Seed

AFC Playoff Picture: Buffalo Bills have extremely narrow path to number-one seed

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/12/21/22193445/afc-playoff-picture-buffalo-bills-have-extremely-narrow-path-to-number-one-seed

Edited by Norm
  • Like 2

Beer__League__Hockey

Most likely scenario will be: do the Bills let the Dolphins win in week 17 to play them the following week? Or do we beat the Dolphins, eliminate them and play the Ravens?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

Most likely scenario will be: do the Bills let the Dolphins win in week 17 to play them the following week? Or do we beat the Dolphins, eliminate them and play the Ravens?

When I did the rooting interests this week, I was really conflicted!

Do they want Miami to win rather than see Baltimore as the #7 seed?
I can honestly say I do not want the Bills to play Baltimore in the playoffs.
Cleveland to win over the Jets? Yes, the Jets surely lose Trevor Lawrence if they win, but Pittsburgh could fall as low as #7 and that means Cleveland needs to win the division.

47 minutes ago, Ann said:

When I did the rooting interests this week, I was really conflicted!

Do they want Miami to win rather than see Baltimore as the #7 seed?
I can honestly say I do not want the Bills to play Baltimore in the playoffs.
Cleveland to win over the Jets? Yes, the Jets surely lose Trevor Lawrence if they win, but Pittsburgh could fall as low as #7 and that means Cleveland needs to win the division.

Looking at the likely win probabilities for the next 2 weeks, would appear that Bills are almost locked in to play Ravens or Dolphins.

I've ran this a billion times before last night. I pegged pittsburgh at 1-2 losing to the Colts and the Bengals or Browns, now it looks like I think they may lose all 3.

In every scenario we are the #2 seed we play Miami or Baltimore at home.

Colts move to #3 and Browns could be as high as 4.

Miami in all likelihood must win out. Miami will beat the Raiders in best case scenario but the Raiders are fast and could pull it off. Miami beating the Raiders and losing to us knocks them out when:

Week 16

BAL beats NYG

CLE beats NYJ

TEN beats GB

IND beats PIT

BUF beats NE*

Week 17

BUF beats MIA

PIT beats CLE

BAL beats CIN

IND beats JAC

TEN beats HOU

However... 

Miami could beat us week 17 after losing to the Raiders and still not make it. Miami losing this weekend essentially puts them out of the playoffs because Pit and Cle are locked in, Baltimore isn't likely to lose to the Giants or Bengals (not week 17, at least). The only real spot available is #7.

Tennessee, and Cleveland can lose the last 2 and still be in. Indianapolis can lose 1 and game and they'll still make it, otherwise going 0-2 then the Fish get in. 

Ravens are the most likely to grab the last spot.

Edited by Boyst
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Titans scare me.  Or, more specifically, Derrick Henry scares me.

The Browns and Titans are the two teams I don't want to face. The Browns may be hot by the playoffs. Playing Pittsburgh week 17 and winning could give them a vote of confidence to make them play tough. They have talent and a good OL.  The Titans have Henry who could bludgeon our defense even though I think we can beat them.

KC I know why we lost. We can beat them now. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Titans scare me.  Or, more specifically, Derrick Henry scares me.

Henry is excellent, no doubt.  The real question is can they out score the Bills?  I suspect it would be closer than Bills fans would like but they are beatable.  The teams are not the same as the game earlier in the year.  If Buffalo turns the ball over, yes they could lose to the Titans.  if they both play their A game, I would expect a close Bills win.

16 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Feels great to be excluded from this list for a good reason for a change. 

When I first read it I started to get miffed... "Where's the Bills!?" :confused: and a second later... :dance:

• Haha 1

Buffalo Timmy
On 12/22/2020 at 12:23 PM, Boyst said:

The Browns and Titans are the two teams I don't want to face. The Browns may be hot by the playoffs. Playing Pittsburgh week 17 and winning could give them a vote of confidence to make them play tough. They have talent and a good OL.  The Titans have Henry who could bludgeon our defense even though I think we can beat them.

KC I know why we lost. We can beat them now. 

The best way to beat the Bills is keep the ball out of Allen's hands. I don't fear KC at all anymore but I worry about a team that power run a couple of 14 play drives.

38 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The best way to beat the Bills is keep the ball out of Allen's hands. I don't fear KC at all anymore but I worry about a team that power run a couple of 14 play drives.

Titans, Colts, Browns, KC If their rookie is healthy, Ravens with Lamar.