Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bandits, NLL, lacrosse

ComradeKayAdams

I love the indoor game and cheer for both the Knighthawks and Bandits.  I wish it had more television presence because I'm pretty addicted to it.

• Cheers 1

My father, ex-husband, and son had season tickets for a decade.

I had never gone to a game but kept hearing from them what a great time it was! So, I booted my son from his seat for the the 1994 championship game, and well, we all know what happened there.  Not only did I have one unhappy son before the game, after the game I was called a jinx. I was never allowed back to a Bandits game. 😛

• Haha 3

• 5 weeks later...

My youngest daughter has played lacrosse the last few years.  It was the 1 sport my wife and I could not explain/help her with at all.  She picked it up quick and I love watching her team play (they won their championship the 1st year, 2nd year cut short due to COVID).  Can't wait for this season.

Anyway, I'm hoping that they allow fans this season as I'd love to take her to a game when we come to WNY to visit family.  I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.  🙂

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Whatnot78 said:

I just got the email that the 2021 NLL season has been cancelled and they will focus on the 2021-2022 season. 😞

My best guess is that the majority of NLL players are Canadian?

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Bandits beat I-90 rival Kin-ig-hit Hawks 11-8 to remain the only undefeated team in the league.

They play Toronto in Hamilton next Saturday at 5PM.

All games are on ESPN+ this season.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Weirdest momentum in a lax game this kid has ever seen in tonight's Firebirds Bandits game.

Albany was up 1-0 after 1.

Bandits up 6-1 after 2.

Albany up 8-6 after 3.

Bandits win 13-8.

Yes, all the goals were scored in the net the Bandits defended to start the game.  Both teams were shutout for 2 quarters & they were the ones that each team normally plays its best.

Fun game.  A few good scrums and 1 good fight.

Bandits next game 8 days from now in Ra-cha-cha.

• Cheers 2

• 2 months later...

Bandits moving on to the 2nd round which will be a best of 3 vs the Toronto Rock.

They beat Albany 10-5.  The games in Buffalo vs Albany were strange.  In the RS, they played a game where all the goals were scored at 1 end.  This one had only 1 goal apiece in both the 1st & 2nd Q's w/ Albany scoring 1st & then getting answered in both.

The 3rd started w/ Dhane Smith scoring on a break off the opening faceoff win by Max Adler 13 seconds into the 3rd.  The Bandits scored again ~1 minute later.  The Bandits would never relinquish the lead again.  A couple of empty netters I the last minute sealed it.  Both goalies were incredible.

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bandits moved on the championship last night w/ a 10-9 win over the "Toronto" Rock that play their home games in that TO "suburb" known as Hamilton.

Very low scoring tight affair through 3, with the Bandits holding a 6-4 lead heading into the final stanza.  After TO brought it back to w/in 1, the Bandits scored the next 3 and it seemed a rout might be on.  But then the Rock scored 3 in ~1 minute to make it a game again.  Frazier scored from pretty far out to make it 10-8 w/ a bit more than 2 minutes to play.  Toronto got that 1 back w/ ~48 seconds left and then after surviving a shot off the post, the Bandits nearly cleared their end w/ 8 or so seconds left, but TO stole set up everybody but the previous game's failed hero Craig to the left & sent the ball to Craig by himself on the right side and this time he didn't muff catching the ball and actually beat Vinc.  But, sadly for Hamilton, er, Toronto, fans, the shot crossed the goal line a fraction of a second after the clock had expired.  Too bad, so sad.

Bandits will face the winner of the San Diego Colorado series for the championship.  That series is tied at 1 apiece as both teams won on the road in the 1st 2 games.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Chandemonium

Random Saturday morning thought: I get that the new franchise is an expansion team and some growing pains are to be expected,and I’m certainly glad Rochester still has a team as a guy who grew up in Rochester rooting for the original Knighthawks. That being said, with the Pegulas owning both teams I have wondered what is to stop them from using the Knighthawks as a B team for the Bandits and thereby ensuring that they suck in perpetuity. 

2 hours ago, Chandemonium said:

Random Saturday morning thought: I get that the new franchise is an expansion team and some growing pains are to be expected,and I’m certainly glad Rochester still has a team as a guy who grew up in Rochester rooting for the original Knighthawks. That being said, with the Pegulas owning both teams I have wondered what is to stop them from using the Knighthawks as a B team for the Bandits and thereby ensuring that they suck in perpetuity. 

Probably nothing more than Kim having grown up in Ra-cha-cha.

Also, not sure that the LT plan isn't to sell them to a local ownership group as would expect that MLL has similar concerns but having A team has to be superior to having no team.

PS.  The San Diego Colorado game will be tonight at 10PM.  Pretty sure it is an ESPN+ game as it isn't showing on ESPN2.

Winner will be the Bandits' next opponent.

• Like 2

Bandits will be playing the Mammoth for the title.  Mammoth are the only team the Bandits have played this year that they haven't beat.

Mammoth were down 9-5 at the 1/2 and dominated the 3rd to get back into it.  It was 9-8 heading into the 4th.  Colorado outscored San Diego 12-3 in the 3rd over the 3 games.  Final was 15-13.

Game 1 is Saturday June 4 @ 7:30.

Game 2 is Saturday June 11 @ 9.

Game 3, if necessary, is June 18 @ 7.

Games 1 & 3, if played will be in Banditland.

Colorado's only championship was back in '06 when they upset the Bandits.

Let's go Bandits.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1