Jump to content

Streaming - Cord Cutters


GG1
 Share

Recommended Posts

I thought there was already a thread on this topic here.

 

Considering dumping DTV as soon as the regular season ends, and will look to sign up for Fubo, Hulu or Youtube.    Will probably save $100/mo with all premiums included.

Getting Sabres games is key, and it looks like FuboTv is the only option for that.

 

Anyone else subscribe to these?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I subscribe to YoutubeTV at $65 a month, which covers the ESPN and Fox Sports families and most of the basic cable (except the channel occasionally showing stuff about History).

 

I'll drop it after the CFP Championship and whatever NFL Playoff games are on ESPN.  I don't watch much live TV except football

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would love if someone could lay out a comprehensive plan for this that covers the major networks, basic cable station, sports (NFL is really all that matters to me).

 

I’m already streaming Prime, Netflix and Disney via Apple TV device so it seems I could save on the XFinity bill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

I would love if someone could lay out a comprehensive plan for this that covers the major networks, basic cable station, sports (NFL is really all that matters to me).

 

I’m already streaming Prime, Netflix and Disney via Apple TV device so it seems I could save on the XFinity bill.

 

https://clark.com/technology/tvsatellite-cable/streaming-tv-comparison-best-channel-lineup/

 

Subject to change of course

Edited by devnull
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, devnull said:

 

That's the frustrating thing....how often do these line ups change?   Not worth the savings to deal with the wife/kids getting upset because suddenly Bravo or the Food Network disappears (or me getting upset if the NFL Network disappears).

 

Some odd inconsistencies on the lists.

Edited by KD in CA
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

 

That's the frustrating thing....how often do these line ups change?   Not worth the savings to deal with the wife/kids getting upset because suddenly Bravo or the Food Network disappears (or me getting upset if the NFL Network disappears).

 

Some odd inconsistencies on the lists.

 

No different than when the old time cable companies go thru pricing disputes with their channels.  A week or two ago a couple of the local channels here had continuous scrolls across the screen that DISH viewers could not watch the game because of pricing dispute

 

Except with streaming services you aren't locked into a contract

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

 

That's the frustrating thing....how often do these line ups change?   Not worth the savings to deal with the wife/kids getting upset because suddenly Bravo or the Food Network disappears (or me getting upset if the NFL Network disappears).

 

Some odd inconsistencies on the lists.

 

My guess is that the streaming deals are multi-year, similar to current cable packages.  The inconsistencies are due to timing of the contracts and the costs.  Streaming is cheaper than traditional cable for now because the networks are experimenting with the streaming revenue model.  But in the last 6 months, there already have been $5-$10 hikes for streaming services.  Will be interesting see where the price points will converge among the three mediums (online, cable, satellite) to get the same content.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/22/2020 at 7:48 PM, GG1 said:

 

My guess is that the streaming deals are multi-year, similar to current cable packages.  The inconsistencies are due to timing of the contracts and the costs.  Streaming is cheaper than traditional cable for now because the networks are experimenting with the streaming revenue model.  But in the last 6 months, there already have been $5-$10 hikes for streaming services.  Will be interesting see where the price points will converge among the three mediums (online, cable, satellite) to get the same content.

 

Is DAZN available in your area?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Guidelines