Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

So, What Did You Get?

Ann

Merry Christmas! 

'Tis the season to give and to receive! So, what did you receive that you were really pleased with? Anyone want to share what special gift(s) they may have given?

merry-christmas-1.gif

For the second year in a row my husband knocked it out of the park. Last year he gave me an original by our favorite artist (still one of my favorite gifts ever!) This year, he did very well, too.

I loved Crown Royal Maple. They stopped making it several years ago. I did not realize it at the time, I just figured my local liquor store was only carrying the small bottles.  🤷‍♀️  At some point I could not longer fine it, it was sold out online, and I turned to wine for solace.  :wine:

Imagine my surprise when I opened my present from Hubby this morning and found FIVE bottles of Crown Royal Maple! Oh happy days! :dance:

Bills related stuff:

My mother got Hubby and me matching reversible Bills jackets.  They are nice. 

She also got me this soap! (see photos)  It is super unusual, but the "frosting" is rather fragile. I wish I had not taken it out of the box.  I cannot imagine there is a huge market for this, but nevertheless I had never seen anything like it.

helmet-x.jpg

bottom-1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Ann said:

For the second year in a row my husband knocked it out of the park. Last year he gave me an original by our favorite artist (still one of my favorite gifts ever!) This year, he did very well, too.

I loved Crown Royal Maple. They stopped making it several years ago. I did not realize it at the time, I just figured my local liquor store was only carrying the small bottles.  🤷‍♀️  At some point I could not longer fine it, it was sold out online, and I turned to wine for solace.  :wine:

Imagine my surprise when I opened my present from Hubby this morning and found FIVE bottles of Crown Royal Maple! Oh happy days! :dance:

Bills related stuff:

My mother got Hubby and me matching reversible Bills jackets.  They are nice. 

She also got me this soap! (see photos)  It is super unusual, but the "frosting" is rather fragile. I wish I had not taken it out of the box.  I cannot imagine there is a huge market for this, but nevertheless I had never seen anything like it.

helmet-x.jpg

bottom-1.jpg

How awesome!!!

Enjoy!!!😊😊😊😊

• Like 1

AGP9_1_20191028535294996.jpg
I have the chore of cleaning our stovetop and we cook a lot - long before the shutdown. The stovetop gets greasy and is a mess in a few days. 
This is great. Just put it in the dishwasher or clean it in the sink. Easy peasy. 

Edited by Nanker
Description
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nanker said:

AGP9_1_20191028535294996.jpg
I have the chore of cleaning our stovetop and we cook a lot - long before the shutdown. The stovetop gets greasy and is a mess in a few days. 
This is great. Just put it in the dishwasher or clean it in the sink. Easy peasy. 

Interesting - I will have to see if I can find one to fit our stove.  Thanks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nanker said:

2002864.jpg
No, it’s not a gun. It’s a sausage stuffer with a 7 lb. capacity. 

We have this and ours is too top heavy. It needs to be bolted or clamped down. That is a different base. I'd love to know if the issue was resolved with that base.

2 hours ago, Ann said:

We have this and ours is too top heavy. It needs to be bolted or clamped down. That is a different base. I'd love to know if the issue was resolved with that base.

Yes I believe it has. This thing weighs over 20 lbs and the base has most of that weight. I had been using my meat grinder that my kids got me years ago to both grind and stuff the casings. It is a good grinder, but stinks at stuffing because it all goes through the auger again and it’s a pain to plunge and keep the sausages evenly filled. 
I got the grinder from the SausageMaker in Buffalo. They’re a good outfit and have really grown their business tremendously over the last eight or so years I’ve been dealing with them. 

Santa got the new stuffer from the www.websturantstore.com. 

Haven't made anything with it yet. If it is tippy, I’ll let you know. 

Cheers 🍻 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Yes I believe it has. This thing weighs over 20 lbs and the base has most of that weight. I had been using my meat grinder that my kids got me years ago to both grind and stuff the casings. It is a good grinder, but stinks at stuffing because it all goes through the auger again and it’s a pain to plunge and keep the sausages evenly filled. 
I got the grinder from the SausageMaker in Buffalo. They’re a good outfit and have really grown their business tremendously over the last eight or so years I’ve been dealing with them. 

Santa got the new stuffer from the www.websturantstore.com. 

Haven't made anything with it yet. If it is tippy, I’ll let you know. 

Cheers 🍻 

Hubby gets most of his stuff like that from the sausage maker. Apparently, they are the #1 sausage making ingredient/tool place online, and yet we can head down to Clinton street and wander the store (and I have {sighhhh}).

Hubby now uses the grinder I got him from Cabelas to make sausage. It has sausage stuffing tools. "We" made (hey, I put the meat mixture into the grinder and tamped!) bangers, churizo, and Italian sausage this week.

Sausage making is a lot of fun. It’s a lot of work too. The Sausage Maker’s spice blends are usually a bit heavy on the salt for my taste. But they have a good low salt Breakfast blend, and Italian mild hot blend that we like. I usually add some orange zest to the breakfast sausage. It’s a nice tone that adds a bit of uniqueness to it. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Sausage making is a lot of fun. It’s a lot of work too. The Sausage Maker’s spice blends are usually a bit heavy on the salt for my taste. But they have a good low salt Breakfast blend, and Italian mild hot blend that we like. I usually add some orange zest to the breakfast sausage. It’s a nice tone that adds a bit of uniqueness to it. 

Salt has been pretty well phased out of my diet so I have to watch things such as sausage.  

33 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Salt has been pretty well phased out of my diet so I have to watch things such as sausage.  

If you make your own and make your own spice blends you might be okay. Curing sausages is another whole thing and not for anyone who doesn’t want to invest in learning a lot about it. 
Hope you’re doing okay with your diet restrictions. 

Cheers!

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I got a Frank Robinson 1957 Topps rookie card, amongst other things.

Damn you made me look. I have a 1968 in my collection.
My card has more stats than yours 😁
Not that stats matters I've heard...

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • FANtastic 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
34 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Damn you made me look. I have a 1968 in my collection.
My card has more stats than yours 😁
Not that stats matters I've heard...

I’d love to hear what you consider to be the highlights of your collection, and see any pictures you’d like to share!

12 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I’d love to hear what you consider to be the highlights of your collection, and see any pictures you’d like to share!

I'll put some info in the baseball thread tomorrow. I'm not a collector per se. 
I have a couple shoe boxes of cards from my youth and have pulled out about a dozen or two that are special to me.

• FANtastic 1