Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

MVP discussion

bdutton

Hard not to make the choice for Aaron Rodgers after tonight's methodical destruction of the Titans.

Mahomet, Allen and Henry are distant 2nd, 3rd and 4th place finishers.

Edited by bdutton

Yeah, I’d rate it Rogers by a mile. After that, Josh,  Derrick Henry and then Mahomes.

It isn’t that I don’t think Patrick Mahomes is phenomenal, I do think he is a fantastic quarterback. It is simply that the other three are arguably playing with less and/or elevating those around them. 

It’s an oversimplification because the improvement in Josh’s game over last year has been incredible and I think a lot of it would have occurred anyway with all the work he’s been putting in, but when you consider that most of the rest of the supporting cast is the same and the numbers Diggs has, I think a reasonable argument could be made for Diggs as MVP. No wide receiver has ever won it. 

• Like 1

Allen should absolutely be in the same conversation with Rogers and Mahomes for MVP. Not only are his overall numbers similar, in terms of total yards and total TDs, but the pass defenses on Allen's schedule have an overall higher DVOA rating than the teams faced by Rogers and Mahomes.

Also, against pass defenses ranked in the top 10 (DVOA):

Allen:          5 games, 5-0, 136-200 (68%), 1623 YDs, 325 AYPG, 8.1 YPA, 16 TDs, 4 INTs

Rogers:       5 games, 3-2, 110-165 (67%),  1270 YDs, 254 AYPG, 7.7 YPA, 14 TDs, 3 INTs

Mahomes:  3 games, 3-0,  87-130 (67%),  1109 YDS, 370 AYPG,  8.5 YPA, 9 TDS, 3 INTs

I'm sure Rogers or Mahomes will win the MVP, and either one would be deserving. But Allen would be every bit as deserving.

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 2

39 minutes ago, Billsfan1959 said:

Allen should absolutely be in the same conversation with Rogers and Mahomes for MVP. Not only are his overall numbers similar, in terms of total yards and total TDs, but the pass defenses on Allen's schedule have an overall higher DVOA rating than the teams faced by Rogers and Mahomes.

Also, against pass defenses ranked in the top 10 (DVOA):

Allen:          5 games, 5-0, 136-200 (68%), 1623 YDs, 325 AYPG, 8.1 YPA, 16 TDs, 4 INTs

Rogers:       5 games, 3-2, 110-165 (67%),  1270 YDs, 254 AYPG, 7.7 YPA, 14 TDs, 3 INTs

Mahomes:  3 games, 3-0,  87-130 (67%),  1109 YDS, 370 AYPG,  8.5 YPA, 9 TDS, 3 INTs

I'm sure Rogers or Mahomes will win the MVP, and either one would be deserving. But Allen would be every bit as deserving.

I think Rodgers gets it, but I’m at the point where I think Allen should be no lower than #2 in the conversation, with Mahomes a not all that close third. I’ll be annoyed if Mahomes gets it. 

• Like 2

BuffaloHokie13

It'll be Rodgers and that's okay because Allen's taking home the superbowl mvp instead.

There. I said it.

But really, Allen is absolutely deserving. I hope he plays and plays well Sunday as he has a chance to rubber stamp the season by shredding the dolphins defense. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Buffalo Timmy

Allen had two rough games on primetime tv- it is hard to rebound from that when Rodgers has been good every week. I would bet only a few of the voters have watched every game of the two and Rodgers was more consistent weeks 5-7

48 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Allen had two rough games on primetime tv- it is hard to rebound from that when Rodgers has been good every week. I would bet only a few of the voters have watched every game of the two and Rodgers was more consistent weeks 5-7

Was Rogers hurt at that time as Josh was?

• Like 1

Buffalo Timmy
14 hours ago, Ann said:

Was Rogers hurt at that time as Josh was?

I assure you I am on the Josh is MVP boat but I am explaining what other saw because most do not see everything we see.

• Like 1

Chandemonium
15 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Rodgers hasn’t been good every week though. Granted he’s only had one stinker in the game where they got blown out by the Bucs week 6, but statistically it was worse than Allen’s worst game statistically this year. 

Josh Allen game stats

Aaron Rodgers game stats

• Like 1