Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

New Years - Party Like It's 1999 or Stay Out of the Way?

Foxx

We used to stay up eating shrimp and drinking champagne and what not. One year our kids took the train into NYC with their friends and went to Times Square to see the ball drop and just go nuts. It was zero degrees there that night. They all survived. 

Anymore I just go to bed around 9. I’ve seen enough NYE ball drops and the inevitable replays of same to know it’s not really earth shattering. I know I’ll be writing 2020 on my checks and correspondence well into January. :classic_ohmy:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

New Years Eve is just another day, except stuff closes early.  Sometimes there's decent College Football, this year not so much

New Years Day is a day off with College Football.  And I eat pork and sauerkraut

• Cheers 2

Going out and partying on NYE is definitely a young person's game.  Loved it then, no interest now.  We stay up and toast the ball drop in Times Square.......from California!  :classic_laugh:

Then the wife and kids go to bed and I'll stay up till local midnight and ring in the New Year with just me and a nice scotch.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Nanker said:

We used to stay up eating shrimp and drinking champagne and what not. One year our kids took the train into NYC with their friends and went to Times Square to see the ball drop and just go nuts. It was zero degrees there that night. They all survived. 

Anymore I just go to bed around 9. I’ve seen enough NYE ball drops and the inevitable replays of same to know it’s not really earth shattering. I know I’ll be writing 2020 on my checks and correspondence well into January. :classic_ohmy:

Checks? What are those?

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, LB3 said:

Thank you, so much. The laughter from that hurt. 🤣🤣🤣

There's actually a longer version where the guy takes a few good rights to the head afterward.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

15 hours ago, devnull said:

Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific, or Zulu?

I could sleep now.......was up at 2:47am Eastern for some stupid reason!

• Wow 1

I always celebrate quietly, usually with a glass or two of tequila. Years ago, a few of us were getting ready to go out to celebrate, and my friend's dad told us to be careful, that there would be a lot of inexperienced drunks out there. That's always been there in the back of my mind, so now I consider New Years Eve, St Patrick's Day, and now Cinco de Mayo as amateur night, and I just stay home. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 4

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

The wife and I stayed in. She had some wine and I enjoyed some bourbon. At midnight we watched a small fireworks display from our front porch.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1