Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Who Has Fans in the Stands? [Bills Do!]

Ann

Little OT..my daughters school is one of the few trying to power through a swim season at the D3 level...they have a virtual meet this weekend( times except for the most dedicated will be a total poop show), but they raised money through having cutouts in the stands of families etc..

Daughter knows me well enough and said..just get the dogs one, not you!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Little OT..my daughters school is one of the few trying to power through a swim season at the D3 level...they have a virtual meet this weekend( times except for the most dedicated will be a total poop show), but they raised money through having cutouts in the stands of families etc..

Daughter knows me well enough and said..just get the dogs one, not you!!!!

How do you virtually meet in a swimming pool?   Is there a green screen?

5 minutes ago, GG1 said:

How do you virtually meet in a swimming pool?   Is there a green screen?

Ha! No, they will swim in their home pool, the other teams will be in there home pools..no spectators anywhere but it will be streamed. Have no clue if they are trying to coordinate events etc..to be honest I have no clue who is even in the meet. Most of the Top 10 D3 schools have cancelled season already.

My daughter is a Senior, swimming only cause her best buds all the team...I am truly expecting times not seen since she was in 8th grade. She knows it too. Socially distant practices split up by distance/stroke etc..lets just say her motivation to practice hard has waned a bit this fall LOL

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

Ha! No, they will swim in their home pool, the other teams will be in there home pools..no spectators anywhere but it will be streamed. Have no clue if they are trying to coordinate events etc..to be honest I have no clue who is even in the meet. Most of the Top 10 D3 schools have cancelled season already.

My daughter is a Senior, swimming only cause her best buds all the team...I am truly expecting times not seen since she was in 8th grade. She knows it too. Socially distant practices split up by distance/stroke etc..lets just say her motivation to practice hard has waned a bit this fall LOL

Not for nothing, but I figured swim meets would be the perfect testing ground for Trump's Clorox ingestion treatments.  I bet few of the girls got it

• Haha 1

Beer__League__Hockey
10 hours ago, Nanker said:

No matter how many times I have read the thread title, I still read it as “Who has hands in their pants.”

It's ok, I read the same thing. - Rudy Giuliani

(On my toes, ready to dodge fruit...)

• Haha 1

LAMP post..daughter had a best time last night...she was pretty pumped. Back at it tonight!

Just an aside, amazing what nutrition can do. I may be wrong, but this is first year she is eating and cooking her own food, and not in dining halls. Helps to have a roomate who is very conscious of what she eats, is a great cook, and his helping guide her!

Beer__League__Hockey
7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

LAMP post..daughter had a best time last night...she was pretty pumped. Back at it tonight!

Just an aside, amazing what nutrition can do. I may be wrong, but this is first year she is eating and cooking her own food, and not in dining halls. Helps to have a roomate who is very conscious of what she eats, is a great cook, and his helping guide her!

Awesome that they can still compete, and lot of respect - swim competitions are tough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I had my physical last week and one of the first questions she asked me was "how many times a week do you eat out?"

I think we all intuitively know how unhealthy most food prepared outside the home is (even good food given how richly it is often prepared), but it kinda hit home when I was asked so directly.

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

I had my physical last week and one of the first questions she asked me was "how many times a week do you eat out?"

I think we all intuitively know how unhealthy most food prepared outside the home is (even good food given how richly it is often prepared), but it kinda hit home when I was asked so directly.

No doubt. I think the big thing for her was she most likely ate a ton of processed carbs in the dining halls...and is eating more lean proteins and veg now. She says she weighs the same , but at least on the stream she looks leaner and more fit...

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

No doubt. I think the big thing for her was she most likely ate a ton of processed carbs in the dining halls...and is eating more lean proteins and veg now. She says she weighs the same , but at least on the stream she looks leaner and more fit...

Good for her.  Yeah, I imagine dining hall food is among the worst.  Processed carbs are cheap....can let the growing kids eat all they want.

I've been trying to reinforce the science behind good eating habits to my kids since they were little.

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

Good for her.  Yeah, I imagine dining hall food is among the worst.  Processed carbs are cheap....can let the growing kids eat all they want.

I've been trying to reinforce the science behind good eating habits to my kids since they were little.

Hah, so have we! But , ya know, we just stupid parents! Now at 21, with a roommate preaching same thing...maybe it carries a little more weight!

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hah, so have we! But , ya know, we just stupid parents! Now at 21, with a roommate preaching same thing...maybe it carries a little more weight!

lol....my almost 12 year old is rushing down that path.  I'm hoping whatever impact I've had until now will reside deep in her memory banks and come out in 8-10 years!

• FANtastic 1

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Find a meal prep service near you and stick to them. I've been doing it 3 years now with Trifecta mailed fresh every week (they sponsor a friend of mine who got me started. They get free meals. I don't).  I've been 2 years also using CleanEatz, which is very tasty.  I eat mostly vegan through the day, oddly (fruits, vegetables, and a Trifecta lunch). Then eat meat for supper, sometimes having a 3 oz serving of spicy ground sausage in the morning.

I've been married and with her almost 3 years and we have cooked for or with each other 5 times. We don't spend time shopping or doing dishes, or even meal prepping.  We put in the microwave and heat it up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Boyst said:

Find a meal prep service near you and stick to them. I've been doing it 3 years now with Trifecta mailed fresh every week (they sponsor a friend of mine who got me started. They get free meals. I don't).  I've been 2 years also using CleanEatz, which is very tasty.  I eat mostly vegan through the day, oddly (fruits, vegetables, and a Trifecta lunch). Then eat meat for supper, sometimes having a 3 oz serving of spicy ground sausage in the morning.

I've been married and with her almost 3 years and we have cooked for or with each other 5 times. We don't spend time shopping or doing dishes, or even meal prepping.  We put in the microwave and heat it up.

My wife actually enjoys cooking so that works out most nights.  We should do a better job on the carbs, but overall are pretty balanced plate, minimal fried food, no sugary drinks, etc. 

I do love my pizza, so indulge there about once a week, and maybe eat out one other time aside from that.

12 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

My wife actually enjoys cooking so that works out most nights.  We should do a better job on the carbs, but overall are pretty balanced plate, minimal fried food, no sugary drinks, etc. 

I do love my pizza, so indulge there about once a week, and maybe eat out one other time aside from that.

Count macros. 9-1.5-7   carbohydrates - lipids - protein

Best way to get on a wagon is watch your macros.

Think it is traditionally 1 block per 10 lbs.

There were a number of updates this week including a few places that allowed "some" fans in the stands. There are currently 10 teams not allowed any fans in the stands.