Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Who Has Fans in the Stands? [Bills Do!]

Ann

18 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

i am torn on this, for purely selfish reasons. If they let fans in, i just cant see me being one of the ones who gets tickets. And my inner 8 year old is going to have to do everything in my power to not throw a temper tantrum

I’m kind of hoping that even though fans aren’t allowed in and it’s an away game, the unwashed masses are waiting outside The Ralph to climb the fences, storm the field and tear down the goalposts after the Bills win tomorrow. I wouldn’t mind seeing a repeat performance after they win a home playoff game either, fans allowed or not. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

well, maybe they are figuring that vaccinated people will be allowed in?

What if you have already had it and have antibodies? :classic_dry:

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

No way they have fans this season.

The bigger question is next Sept. It is a long ways away, but I doubt the stadium will be allowed to be at 50% next year.  Just too unsafe.

i just cant see any way we re not back to 100% normal by September. Now, i think there will still be media hysteria and stories about someone getting sick with Covid at game etc and screaming its still to risky...but life will be back to normal for those that want it. 

1 minute ago, Ann said:

What if you have already had it and have antibodies? :classic_dry:

if they pulled something like that instead of by seniority will be really ugly. I don't think i will get them just based on my VA mailing address. I should have changed my address on Bills account to WNY..just thought of that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

The bigger question is next Sept. It is a long ways away, but I doubt the stadium will be allowed to be at 50% next year.  Just too unsafe.

The only unsafe areas are the bathrooms if too many people congregate at the same time.

There have been about 10 NFL facilities open through the year, plus dozens of NCAA venues.  How many reported cases came from attending an outdoor football game?

2 hours ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

So the vaccines won't work? :classic_huh: 

Moderna says it will have 20,000,000 doses available by the end of this month.

Overall, if both the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are approved by the FDA,  the U.S. could have as many as 60 million doses of vaccine available by the end of the year, Reuters reported. The outlet also reported that the government could have access to more than 1 billion doses from the two vaccine makers alone by 2021.

That's enough vaccine doses to flush the toilet that is 2020 down the drain.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Overall, if both the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are approved by the FDA,  the U.S. could have as many as 60 million doses of vaccine available by the end of the year, Reuters reported. The outlet also reported that the government could have access to more than 1 billion doses from the two vaccine makers alone by 2021.

i heard on the radio yesterday that the FDA did approved them

Beer__League__Hockey
21 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Sure hope so.  But how does a state like NY just stop relentlessly tracking CASES!!!!!  They need metrics, yellow zones, and above all, fear.  My guess is they'll just pivot to vaccinated population numbers, and if WNY is below a certain threshold they'll withhold gatherings until the predetermined (75%, 100%???) vaccinated numbers are acceptable.

Edited by BeerLeagueHockey

1 hour ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

Sure hope so.  But how does a state like NY just stop relentlessly tracking CASES!!!!!  They need metrics, yellow zones, and above all, fear.  My guess is they'll just pivot to vaccinated population numbers, and if WNY is below a certain threshold they'll withhold gatherings until the predetermined (75%, 100%???) vaccinated numbers are acceptable.

At that point people won't care. A billion doses of vaccine is enough to inoculate the entire population of the US nearly four times. People aren't going to stand for shutdowns once more than half the population is vaccinated. 

• Like 2

Cuomo open to Bills Stadium hosting some fans if Buffalo makes playoffs

Gov. Andrew Cuomo floated the idea of opening up Buffalo’s Bills Stadium to a limited number of fans — if the upstate New York team makes it to the NFL playoffs this year.

The governor — an admitted Bills fan — said that decision depends on COVID-19 infection and hospital rates around that time.

“If we’re in the playoffs, if the infection rate is under control and the capacity rate is under control and we come up with a smart, science-based way to do it, I would be all in favor,” Cuomo said at a press conference Friday.

</snip>

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

i just cant see any way we re not back to 100% normal by September. Now, i think there will still be media hysteria and stories about someone getting sick with Covid at game etc and screaming its still to risky...but life will be back to normal for those that want it. 

The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is the one I have my eye on.  It only requires a single shot and could be approved by the beginning of February if everything goes well.  Only having to get the vaccine once is obviously huge and my guess is you'll see full capacity in the stands for sure next year if their vaccine is approved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is the one I have my eye on.  It only requires a single shot and could be approved by the beginning of February if everything goes well.  Only having to get the vaccine once is obviously huge and my guess is you'll see full capacity in the stands for sure next year if their vaccine is approved.

Yep, Cramer feels the same way, and he thinks they can almost come to the table with a billion doses..yep a billion

• Like 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Man, that headline is just so depressing. Might as well have replaced Cuomo with Xi or Kim Jung-Un...i mean i guess he is a dictator now. 

i laughed at the term, "if".

-edited-.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Yep, Cramer feels the same way, and he thinks they can almost come to the table with a billion doses..yep a billion

From Seinfeld?