Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Wild Card Weekend: Playoffs Bills vs Colts 1pm Saturday

Ann

Just now, RkFast said:

At first I was tweaked at the Sat 1PM game time, but admittedly its all for selfish reasons. Screws with my honeydo list.

Good to see you here, South Shore 🙂

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

i like that crew...just no Trent Green. Lord was he awful yesterday. Calls a game like its 2003.

Trent Green was wrong just about every time he opened his mouth.  My favorite was was the Bills ran the punt back for a TD he said something to the effect of "the Bills do this all the time."  Well, if once every 6 years is all the time, yes, Trent, you're spot on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Trent Green was wrong just about every time he opened his mouth.  My favorite was was the Bills ran the punt back for a TD he said something to the effect of "the Bills do this all the time."  Well, if once every 6 years is all the time, yes, Trent, you're spot on.

Barkley has played a little over what..8  quarters of football in a span of 24 months...and if Josh gets hurt in a Super Bowl contending season he needs to be able to play... and never in this aggressive of an offence..but yea, lets just run the ball.

I love they got #5 some reps, and let him chuck it. Should help him should he need to play.

• Like 2

Chandemonium
12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

I couldn’t go to my friend with Sunday Ticket’s house to watch the game like I normally do, so I listened to the wgr feed on the Bills app live, and then watched on game pass afterwards. It was hilarious listening to them try to talk up Tua early, knowing what was about to happen. The contrast between Tasker and the CBS team in their evaluations of him was stark as well. Even before he started throwing boatloads of picks in the second half Tasker was not impressed with anything Tua did. If you could listen to them both without knowing the results, you would come away with the impression from Tasker that the blowout was a foregone conclusion even at 3-0 dolphins, while the tv crew gave the impression that the bills could be in trouble even at 21-3. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Alaska Darin
21 minutes ago, Taro T said:

In fairness to Green, Andre Roberts is a Pro Bowl return man.  While we don't score points with our special teams, our return game is among the best in the NFL.

I love Roberts but boy, McKenzie's speed and wiggle are something else.  There have been a couple of times this season where if AR was a bit faster, he'd have probably gone the distance. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

I couldn’t go to my friend with Sunday Ticket’s house to watch the game like I normally do, so I listened to the wgr feed on the Bills app live, and then watched on game pass afterwards. It was hilarious listening to them try to talk up Tua early, knowing what was about to happen. The contrast between Tasker and the CBS team in their evaluations of him was stark as well. Even before he started throwing boatloads of picks in the second half Tasker was not impressed with anything Tua did. If you could listen to them both without knowing the results, you would come away with the impression from Tasker that the blowout was a foregone conclusion even at 3-0 dolphins, while the tv crew gave the impression that the bills could be in trouble even at 21-3. 

My takeaway from the last four TV games vs local radio is that the TV crews need to be aware of keeping the audience tuned in during the blowouts, while the WGR crew knows they have a captive audience and can be a lot more homerish.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

In fairness to Green, Andre Roberts is a Pro Bowl return man.  While we don't score points with our special teams, our return game is among the best in the NFL.

I love Roberts but boy, McKenzie's speed and wiggle are something else.  There have been a couple of times this season where if AR was a bit faster, he'd have probably gone the distance. 

That was just the most egregious example.  "The Bills will be running & working the short passes" right before 20 yards to Knox.  "Josh Allen is done for the day" right before leading both the 28th point drive and taking a knee.  Not even getting into the Tua Ball Washing and saying Miami was likely (possibly?) out of it down by 30 with 7 or so minutes left.

We were laughing our heads off at the bunk he was spewing.

• Haha 2

Alaska Darin
Just now, Taro T said:

That was just the most egregious example.  "The Bills will be running & working the short passes" right before 20 yards to Knox.  "Josh Allen is done for the day" right before leading both the 28th point drive and taking a knee.  Not even getting into the Tua Ball Washing and saying Miami was likely (possibly?) out of it down by 30 with 7 or so minutes left.

We were laughing our heads off at the bunk he was spewing.

That would not have been a fun game to broadcast.  They literally had to fill for over a half and not take big shots at how bad the Fish were getting hammered in a must win game against backups.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

That would not have been a fun game to broadcast.  They literally had to fill for over a half and not take big shots at how bad the Fish were getting hammered in a must win game against backups.

Totally get that the 2nd half was filling time, but he was as bad, if not worse, in the 1st half.

• Like 1

RochesterRob
9 minutes ago, BillsFanNT said:

Glad game is at 1 on Sat. Gives the Bills time to rest for week 2 of the playoff.

I'm starting to guy into that line of thinking but can't help but think that to the networks the Bills are the red headed step child.  Some where in some office at CBS I can see some junior VP actually pitching the idea of "It's a Super Bowl Miracle, Charlie Brown" instead of the Bills should the Bills make the big game.  Back in the old days of the AFC on NBC even Joe Namath was not so down on the Bills and they spoiled his chance of a perfect season back in 1968.  

Alaska Darin
Just now, Taro T said:

Totally get that the 2nd half was filling time, but he was as bad, if not worse, in the 1st half.

I don't think he's ever been very good.  He's telegenic and a former QB but that's about it.  I swear, most of my smart football friends would do a better job at color than the people who get paid for it.

I'd love to ask him how many BILLS' games he's actually watched this season.  I bet before yesterday it was ZERO and he'd only looked at highlights.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't think he's ever been very good.  He's telegenic and a former QB but that's about it.  I swear, most of my smart football friends would do a better job at color than the people who get paid for it.

I'd love to ask him how many BILLS' games he's actually watched this season.  I bet before yesterday it was ZERO and he'd only looked at highlights.

Well, he's no Aqib Talib.

On the flipside of the talking head criticism, it's amazing how wrong the WGR pre-game crew was in charting out the Bills approach to the final game.   The expected McDermott to turtle shell after 2 series.

• FANtastic 1

Alaska Darin
11 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Well, he's no Aqib Talib.

On the flipside of the talking head criticism, it's amazing how wrong the WGR pre-game crew was in charting out the Bills approach to the final game.   The expected McDermott to turtle shell after 2 series.

I don't think McDermott is ever going to coach scared - he's a former wrestler and it's just not who he is as a man.  I expected them to see what it looked like at halftime, with an eye on what was going on in Cleveland and adapt appropriately.  That's pretty much exactly what happened.

The BILLS wanted that second seed and if it meant playing the ones longer, than so be it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't think McDermott is ever going to coach scared - he's a former wrestler and it's just not who he is as a man.  I expected them to see what it looked like at halftime, with an eye on what was going on in Cleveland and adapt appropriately.  That's pretty much exactly what happened.

The BILLS wanted that second seed and if it meant playing the ones longer, than so be it. 

I think he put all the doubters to rest in the second half of this year.  There was a lingering concern heading into this year that he was a Jauron reboot who was willing to ride out close games.  in retrospect, he was just waiting for Allen to grow into the role.

• Like 5

Alaska Darin
Just now, GG1 said:

I think he put all the doubters to rest in the second half of this year.  There was a lingering concern heading into this year that he was a Jauron reboot who was willing to ride out close games.  in retrospect, he was just waiting for Allen to grow into the role.

I think JA's development is a factor, as is the big step back the defense took early.  There have been a couple of interviews over the past couple of seasons where he alludes to how much he's had to adapt his mentality to how the game has changed, especially his offensive philosophy.

Beane has done a hell of a job over the last 2 off seasons acquiring bigtime pieces on the offensive side of the ball.  The OLine has had multiple configurations this season due to injury and the backup guys have performed admirably, with most of their exposure being covered by Allen's progress and adaptability and some by Daboll's playcalling.

It's been a clinic in team building and growth across the organization.

• Like 2