Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Wild Card Weekend: Playoffs Bills vs Colts 1pm Saturday

Ann

3 minutes ago, GG1 said:

I think he put all the doubters to rest in the second half of this year.  There was a lingering concern heading into this year that he was a Jauron reboot who was willing to ride out close games.  in retrospect, he was just waiting for Allen to grow into the role.

During some post-game interview this year, McD made the comment that the reason the Bills weren't more aggressive in earlier situations was because they simply didn't have the personnel and experience to take those chances at the time.

9 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The BILLS wanted that second seed and if it meant playing the ones longer, than so be it. 

I don't mind admitting that the longer they were in yesterday, the more concerned I became. At one point Johnson rammed into another Bills defender (Wallace, I think), and then Mongo got hobbled a bit, and then Diggs took that hit the head, at which point I reverted to the part of me who tried to teach my son how to parallel park: "Alright, everybody out. I can't take this shit anymore. Out. OUT!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, DC Tom said:

Roberts does what he can do, but he's not a punt returner, he's a punt catcher, and that's what we have to live with.

I dunno. I can't count the number of times we started a kickoff possession at the 50. Dude is much more than a punt catcher to me.

• Like 3

Buffalo Timmy
1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

I know.

A punt returner who can't outrun the average punter but still gets selected for the Pro Bowl just feels like the right time for a good ol' Wade Phillips quote.

And how ridiculous is it that Roberts gets selected for the Pro Bowl despite not having a TD return?

I will state I love having Roberts back there- I used to be so nervous when it was Leodis whether he would fumble, I will take his lack of TDs and the good position all day long.

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Roberts does what he can do, but he's not a punt returner, he's a punt catcher, and that's what we have to live with.

Wasn't our last punt catcher Deonte Thompson? He wouldn't fumble but wouldn't get and yards after the catch.

BuffaloHokie13

After everything we've been through it's almost hard to believe that we're rolling into the playoffs on a 6 game win streak and winning 9 of our last 10, with the only loss coming on a hail mary after taking the lead with 0:34 left. Team has grown throughout the season and really seems to be rolling. 🤯

• Like 4

11 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I know.

A punt returner who can't outrun the average punter but still gets selected for the Pro Bowl just feels like the right time for a good ol' Wade Phillips quote.

And how ridiculous is it that Roberts gets selected for the Pro Bowl despite not having a TD return?

It's pry more his kick returning production that got him in despite no TD return.  That and not any other good options in the AFC.