Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Quarterback Carousel 2022 (new year starts on pg. 53)

snafu

4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

The problem is they have a coach with only a one year deal.  Players don't wanna sign long term deals with unstable organizations.  The only way around that is to overpay, which ownership would likely have to sign off on. 

There are reports that both Nagy and Pace the GM are under contract through 2022 season.  Still a short runway and Chicago probably isn't and ideal landing spot anyway given their mediocre recent record.  Like you said though, money talks. 

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/the-bears-wont-discuss-ryan-pace-contract-now-we-know-why/

Yesterday was tough for both offenses/QBs due to the wind, but the Ravens are going to have to make a Lamar Jackson decision soon, if not this off season, next year. They'll probably pay him. Will he be able to up his game and become a better QB?   IMO he is a fantastic athlete. Can he be a fantastic QB?

2 hours ago, Ann said:

Yesterday was tough for both offenses/QBs due to the wind, but the Ravens are going to have to make a Lamar Jackson decision soon, if not this off season, next year. They'll probably pay him. Will he be able to up his game and become a better QB?   IMO he is a fantastic athlete. Can he be a fantastic QB?

He probably gets payed this off-season as will Josh. I don't think the Ravens want a Prescott situation on their hands. I also think Jackson probably has a limited NFL life span and will get to cash in one time.

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

He probably gets payed this off-season as will Josh. I don't think the Ravens want a Prescott situation on their hands. I also think Jackson probably has a limited NFL life span and will get to cash in one time.

I think this is a good guess.

I was reading the Baltimore fan forums this morning (I frequently do that before and after a game) and they are unhappy with Greg Roman and trying to determine if he or Jackson is the problem. 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Ann said:

I think this is a good guess.

I was reading the Baltimore fan forums this morning (I frequently do that before and after a game) and they are unhappy with Greg Roman and trying to determine if he or Jackson is the problem.

It's amazing how ONE game has completely changed people's opinions of the Ravens.  Roman isn't holding back Jackson. 

How many times did Jackson hit a running target yesterday?  He lacks the requisite anticipation and decision making at game speed.  He's wildly dangerous when he's able to free lance but I doubt he's EVER going to be even average as a pocket QB.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's amazing how ONE game has completely changed people's opinions of the Ravens.  Roman isn't holding back Jackson. 

How many times did Jackson hit a running target yesterday?  He lacks the requisite anticipation and decision making at game speed.  He's wildly dangerous when he's able to free lance but I doubt he's EVER going to be even average as a pocket QB.

I didn't read the Ravens forum prior to this week, so donno.

Greg Roman  had Kaepernick in San Fran, Tyrod in Buffalo, and now Lamar in Baltimore. All run-able QBs. Kaepernick wasn't very good. Tyrod is serviceable. Was/is their ceiling on them? Or on Roman? Did Roman do the best anyone could with them (and their talents and skill sets)?  Can Lamar Jackson get the outside help he needs to start reading the defenses better? Will the Ravens continue to limit him on changing the play at the line when he can read defenses better? (They limited Flacco, so I am assuming they are doing the same with Jackson.) 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ann said:

I didn't read the Ravens forum prior to this week, so donno.

Greg Roman  had Kaepernick in San Fran, Tyrod in Buffalo, and now Lamar in Baltimore. All run-able QBs. Kaepernick wasn't very good. Tyrod is serviceable. Was/is their ceiling on them? Or on Roman? Did Roman do the best anyone could with them (and their talents and skill sets)?  Can Lamar Jackson get the outside help he needs to start reading the defenses better? Will the Ravens continue to limit him on changing the play at the line when he can read defenses better? (They limited Flacco, so I am assuming they are doing the same with Jackson.)

It's going to be pretty difficult to convince me that Roman isn't doing a pretty stellar job with some obviously limited QBs.  Lamar is clearly the best athlete of the 3 and has a MVP season where he THREW for 36 TDs.  Look at the season Josh just had and tell me after what you've seen of LJ8 that those TD numbers don't blow your mind.

I think it's incumbent on Lamar to put the work in over the offseason on both his mechanics and football IQ/film study.  The better coaches in the NFL have a blue print to shut him down and that means he has to elevate and adapt.  I don't know that there's much that coaches can really do, especially given how the pandemic will likely limit offseason programs.

• Like 2

I'll be VERY surprised if the NFL lets Watson win this particular game.  That's a dangerous precedent that has caused a lot of problems in both baseball and the NBA.

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'll be VERY surprised if the NFL lets Watson win this particular game.  That's a dangerous precedent that has caused a lot of problems in both baseball and the NBA.

Agree.  The employees should never interview their boss.  If you go a different direction there are hurt feelings. 

In terms of trading Watson, the new genius GM from NE probably thinks he will pickup a replacement in the 6th round.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ann said:

Was/is their ceiling on them? Or on Roman? Did Roman do the best anyone could with them (and their talents and skill sets)?  Can Lamar Jackson get the outside help he needs to start reading the defenses better? Will the Ravens continue to limit him on changing the play at the line when he can read defenses better?