Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Quarterback Carousel 2022 (new year starts on pg. 53)

snafu

Watson to Carolina makes sense. A division that's weak, 3 other QB's that are fossils, a team best shapes to rebuild with a star RB. An owner bent on social justice over profit. A community that desperately needs an identity.

Also, I just have the opinion that Daboll may be choosing to stay in Buffalo as OC. No reason, no justification, no source, no anything but it'd make sense. There was only one position that made sense for him - the Chargers. The appeal probably wasn't that glamorous to move to California, to play in that lens, to come away from another year in the system he created with good stability to choose any job he could want next year.

2 hours ago, Boyst said:

Watson to Carolina makes sense. A division that's weak, 3 other QB's that are fossils, a team best shapes to rebuild with a star RB. An owner bent on social justice over profit. A community that desperately needs an identity.

Also, I just have the opinion that Daboll may be choosing to stay in Buffalo as OC. No reason, no justification, no source, no anything but it'd make sense. There was only one position that made sense for him - the Chargers. The appeal probably wasn't that glamorous to move to California, to play in that lens, to come away from another year in the system he created with good stability to choose any job he could want next year.

hard to dismiss the Covid treatment in Cali as well

lockdowns to never end

19 hours ago, Boyst said:

Being a HC in a bad situation just to say you were a HC isn't necessarily the best career move. Daboll is in a good position right now, where he can continue to do his thing with Allen, and have his pick of good situations later.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ann said:

Who watched a lot of Cleveland ball this year? I watched two games + the divisional game and I was not impressed with Baker Mayfield. Am I wrong and he is a terrific QB?

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Gribble/status/1351917314954952713

It's still really hard to read.  Their receivers (especially Landry) sure seem to drop a lot of balls.  That said, they have a top notch OLine and running game yet Baker still seems to struggle to find receivers and/or throw consistent, catchable balls.

I think this was his 4th Coach/OC combination since being drafted, so I'll give him some leeway.  He needs to take a big step forward next season.

• Like 2

Really? The Jets over the Dolphins? :classic_blink:

Deshaun Watson has a pecking order of teams he’d like to play for. Dolphins aren’t No. 1

Quarterback Deshaun Watson, unhappy with his situation with the Houston Texans, apparently has a ranking for which new team he’d like to play:

And, yes, he really wants to move to the AFC East.

But he prefers to play for the New York Jets.

And, second, he’d like to play for the Miami Dolphins.

In that order.

Watson this week told people the Jets are his top preference among the teams he’d like to be traded to because they hired Robert Saleh to be their coach and Watson values Saleh so much he wanted the Texans to interview him for their vacant head coach job.

Watson confirmed reports, circulated for several weeks in national media, he’d also welcome playing for the Dolphins but said that is his second choice at this time.

Watson was in New York in recent days but it’’s not clear if his time there had anything to do with football at all. Obviously, the Jets are headquartered in New Jersey and Dolphins owner Stephen Ross lives in New York but it would be tampering for them to be speaking or meeting with Watson without permission.

</snip>

6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

It's the market. He stands to make millions in endorsements in the NYC metro area.

I would think he could do better in South Florida. The Dolphins are a much better team/organization.  He already got national commercials being in Houston. The Texans team was good last year, and he was rewarded.  In Miami he could be right back to winning and... more commercials.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ann said:

I would think he could do better in South Florida. The Dolphins are a much better team/organization.  He already got national commercials being in Houston. The Texans team was good last year, and he was rewarded.  In Miami he could be right back to winning and... more commercials.

To say nothing of the difference in weather and tax situations.  He'd have to make a bazillion dollars in NY/NJ to offset the difference in taxes.

Unless the fed figures out some way to magically bail out NYC/NYS, economic hell is coming.