Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Jets request to interview Brian Daboll for HC

You Dirty Rat

Alaska Darin

I can't imagine Daboll being dumb enough to take the job.  I can see him taking the interview for the experience of it.

Joe Douglas could be a very good GM.  He'll have to be to get someone like Daboll to sign on with the Jets.

I realize that it is the rule that you can't prevent your coordinators from seeking a higher post (Head Coach)

But it seems to me that there should be some consideration when it is a team in your own division.

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I realize that it is the rule that you can't prevent your coordinators from seeking a higher post (Head Coach)

But it seems to me that there should be some consideration when it is a team in your own division.

There are exact rules. If no one posts before I get home, I will find it for you later.

• Cheers 1

Buffalo Timmy
46 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I understand your point but since there are only usually 8 openings a year it would be a huge detriment to a coach if you limited his options. I just hope Daboll does not want that job and goes to Jax or some NFC team.

53 minutes ago, Norm said:

Doug Marrone really wanted that job a few years back

Do it, Jets.

Do it. 

Sign Marrone.

I promise you he'll fix everything.

• Haha 1

Alaska Darin
11 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I understand your point but since there are only usually 8 openings a year it would be a huge detriment to a coach if you limited his options. I just hope Daboll does not want that job and goes to Jax or some NFC team.

If I'm Daboll, the only job I even consider leaving for is San Diego.

• Like 3

Alaska Darin
10 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Some things just can't be unlearned.

I'll recognize them as an LA team when they have fans from there.  I hate LA.

• Haha 1

Alaska Darin
49 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Can't shake the feeling that Daboll would fail as a HC in Sandy Eggo, because he'd be to busy playing with his shiny new toy Herbert to coach the whole team.

I don't know him at all (obviously), so it's impossible to tell if he can compartmentalize the way you have to as a HC.  I'm not sure he's not already sitting in his dream job and is just taking interviews because it's the right thing to do.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Link to article.

Atlanta just did the virtual interview with the Chiefs OC. Big difference (to me) is the Chiefs are not playing this weekend.

</snip>

The NFL informed teams Monday that interviews with candidates for head coach, general manager and other football positions must be conducted virtually until the candidate's team and the hiring team are out of the playoffs

</snip>

3 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't know him at all (obviously), so it's impossible to tell if he can compartmentalize the way you have to as a HC.  I'm not sure he's not already sitting in his dream job and is just taking interviews because it's the right thing to do.

It has to be tough to not want to be an NFL HC. You've worked your whole life to get one of 32 jobs available in the world. Yeah, you have no life, but I cannot imagine the OC or DC have a lot of free time either.

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I can't imagine Daboll being dumb enough to take the job.

Carolina fans may have had a similar opinion on McD a few years ago

Just because an organization is a dumpster fire today,doesn't mean it will be in a year or two

• Like 1

Just now, devnull said:

Carolina fans may have had a similar opinion on McD a few years ago

Just because an organization is a dumpster fire today,doesn't mean it will be in a year or two

Did the Jets get new owners? Because that is probably the only way things are going to change there.