Anthony Lynn Fired - uh oh

Dubs

2 minutes ago, Dubs part Dub said:

Would hate to see Daboll go, but this makes the most sense if he does. 

Yeah, of the openings, this would be the one that would be most attractive.

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Should Daboll go elsewhere, I assume Anthony Lynn would interview for the Buffalo job.

Boy did I misunderstand this... I'm like, "McDermott is leaving!?" Then I realized you meant the OC job that would be open if Daboll leaves.

I hope McDermott has learned a valuable lesson from all the turnover.  Keep the system and the terminology and replace the dude.  It's a lot easier to have a coordinator learn your offense and terminology rather than every single player.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Ann said:

Boy did I misunderstand this... I'm like, "McDermott is leaving!?" Then I realized you meant the OC job that would be open if Daboll leaves.

If you think back LYNN was a pretty good OC.  LOL just an interview

Edited by Norm

Lynn was DC here wasn’t he? Maybe I’m not remembering right but I’m too lazy to look it up right now. 

Regardless, I don’t want him back here. He was clueless in clock management. 

1 minute ago, Nanker said:

Lynn was DC here wasn’t he? Maybe I’m not remembering right but I’m too lazy to look it up right now. 

Buffalo Bills

When Lynn did not get the position of head coach of the New York Jets, he followed Rex Ryan to the Buffalo Bills where he took the same position. The Bills had the top rushing game in the NFL during the 2015–2016 season.[7] On September 16, 2016, Lynn was promoted to assistant head coach and offensive coordinator of the Bills when Greg Roman was fired.[8][9] When asked what he wants his offensive identity to be, Lynn responded, "I want to play smart, physical football. I want to be explosive down the field... We're going to play a little bit faster and see if we can put a little pressure on the defense. Just execute."[10] Lynn made his debut as offensive coordinator against the Arizona Cardinals, pulling out a 33–18 win.[11]

Lynn became the interim head coach on December 27, 2016, after Rex Ryan was fired.[12]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Lynn

2 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Offensive coordinator

Lynn is a terrible game manager, but think he was a bit hard done by here.

Injuries absolutely decimated him, and he had a strong first season.

My only thought is that the decision makers didn’t like the culture around the club.

Just now, devnull said:

If u enjoyed the Tyrod offense

Lynn made chicken soup outta mostly chicken shit in Buffalo.  Tyrod couldn't consistently find open receivers.  That TD he blew in the playoffs is a throw every QB in the NFL has to make.  10 guys flawlessly executed a well designed, perfectly called play. 

I question Lynn's decision making to let TT back into his football life.

• FANtastic 1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

TT does a very good job protecting the ball.  He's not going to come back from 14-point deficits often, but he's not going to put you in many either.

It's not a long-term answer, but sometimes that's what you want out of your QB.

My backup.  Not my starter.

4 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

The Bills had the top rushing game in the NFL during the 2015–2016 season

That is the part that bothers me. We are set-up as pass first and not run first now

Are you saying it bothers you that the Bills are a pass first team? Or did I just mis-read your post?

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I hope McDermott has learned a valuable lesson from all the turnover.  Keep the system and the terminology and replace the dude.  It's a lot easier to have a coordinator learn your offense and terminology rather than every single player.

I like this philosophy.....100

• Like 1