Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Have you or someone you know gotten the vaccine shot yet? (Let’s keep political comments out of this please)

mead107

My brother Inlaw got his this morning. He is a CO and works at Albany medical center watching prisoners from a lot of different prisons. 

nephew’s son - no problem. Today,

First responder (19). 

nephew’s daughter -  (21) no problem works at a retirement center in the kitchen got hers 2weeks ago. 

Do you know anyone and any reactions if they got the shot. 

(Hope this is ok in this section)

17 minutes ago, Ann said:

One of my doctors got it. I know because I asked her about it today.

My foot doctor supposed to get it this week. 
I asked while he was doing my toenails. 

I’m presently earning my immunity the hard way.

But, the good news is that I probably wouldn’t have been vaccinated any time soon. Just gotta get over this and then I’ll be bulletproof for awhile.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3

7 hours ago, snafu said:

But, the good news is that I probably wouldn’t have been vaccinated any time soon. Just gotta get over this and then I’ll be bulletproof for awhile.

Get better soon 🙏

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, snafu said:

Get well soon!!

• Cheers 1

On 1/8/2021 at 12:19 AM, snafu said:

Get well soon. Hope your symptoms are not severe. Let us know how you’re doing. 

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Get well soon. Hope your symptoms are not severe. Let us know how you’re doing. 

Thanks.

Based on how I feel (and other than this being Covid) I could go to work, the store, etc.  My symptoms (other than sleeping a lot) are actually pretty mild but for one thing... I want to rip out my Adam’s apple and pour scalding tea with honey into the hole. I’ve got the worst sore throat I’ve had in memory. Caveat: my symptoms are not too bad because I’ve been taking robitussin, day-quil, ny-quil, and Motrin on a consistent rotation.  I don’t want to wonder how I’d feel if I just didn’t treat the symptoms with anything.  I suspect I’d be a lot worse. I can feel that this thing is in my chest a bit and I’m trying to keep that mild, especially since coughing is unproductive with this frikking throat.

I got this from my kid who I drove up to Boston last weekend.  She’s got both Covid AND strep throat (she’s feeling very well with only antibiotics to treat the strep).  I may have undiagnosed and untreated strep.  I mentioned it to my Dr when he called me with my results and he said “don’t worry about the strep”. 

The worst thing about this is that I have 10 days to get stuff done around the house but my wife has me isolating. She got tested and found out she’s negative.  I was hoping she has it too, as long as it is this mild, so I can go sleep in my bed again.

• Like 3

Brother works with some kooks that think the government  is injecting people with "GPS" so they can be tracked.We will get  the vaccine when it is available,  Mom's primary  (they make house visits) will be here on 19th. Already asked  them to give her the shot when  they have it available.

• Like 3

My brother-in-law's mother (91) has been in a nursing home for about 4 years  because of a stroke. She was exposed to  Covid  and was sent to another one of the chain's facilities (for Covid cases).  She has recovered and is back in her  original room. She just had  sniffles.

• Like 4

leh-nerd skin-erd
On 1/9/2021 at 8:35 AM, snafu said:

Thanks.

Based on how I feel (and other than this being Covid) I could go to work, the store, etc.  My symptoms (other than sleeping a lot) are actually pretty mild but for one thing... I want to rip out my Adam’s apple and pour scalding tea with honey into the hole. I’ve got the worst sore throat I’ve had in memory. Caveat: my symptoms are not too bad because I’ve been taking robitussin, day-quil, ny-quil, and Motrin on a consistent rotation.  I don’t want to wonder how I’d feel if I just didn’t treat the symptoms with anything.  I suspect I’d be a lot worse. I can feel that this thing is in my chest a bit and I’m trying to keep that mild, especially since coughing is unproductive with this frikking throat.

I got this from my kid who I drove up to Boston last weekend.  She’s got both Covid AND strep throat (she’s feeling very well with only antibiotics to treat the strep).  I may have undiagnosed and untreated strep.  I mentioned it to my Dr when he called me with my results and he said “don’t worry about the strep”. 

The worst thing about this is that I have 10 days to get stuff done around the house but my wife has me isolating. She got tested and found out she’s negative.  I was hoping she has it too, as long as it is this mild, so I can go sleep in my bed again.

Good thoughts your way from here Snaf.  My brother-in-law and nephew caught a dose, not too bad all things considered.  Sore throat and headache for my b-i-l (56 years old in good shape).  His wife was diagnosed this weekend--she's a physician and feeling very crappy per the texts.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

People who think that are invariably people the government wouldn't bother tracking anyway.

My wife has COVID now.  So I should get it soon, too.  I'm looking forward to dying from it.

My version is no fun but not bad, overall.  I was considering selling a bunch of q-tip nose swabs as an early form of vaccine.  I’m thinking $25/swab. 

And none of my family or coworkers have tested positive.  Best of luck to your wife.  Lots of fluids and lots of rest. Ny-quil and Motrin, too. Have her sleep on her stomach as much as possible — that isn’t easy for me but it helps.  

I was was thinking about donating plasma when I’m allowed to. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DC Tom said:

People who think that are invariably people the government wouldn't bother tracking anyway.

My wife has COVID now.  So I should get it soon, too.  I'm looking forward to dying from it.

I hope you and your wife get better soon, @DC Tom :cheers:

• Like 1