Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Have you or someone you know gotten the vaccine shot yet? (Let’s keep political comments out of this please)

mead107

If you want to hear a podcast  from somebody who has it, subscribe to the Adan Carolla and Dr. Drew  podcast. Dr. Drew Pinsky, known for Celebrity Rehab  (a real MD not like Dr. Phil) haas had it for about 2 weeks and has been calling in his podcast from home. He caught it right at Christmas and thinks he got it while he was being shuttled around the hospital he works at trying to get a vaccine shot.

Edited by Wacka

21 hours ago, DC Tom said:

People who think that are invariably people the government wouldn't bother tracking anyway.

Theyre busy tapping away at something on their iPhones anyway, so there’s really no need to waste money on injecting trackers. 

As for the thread question, I work for a hospital. So yeah, I know a few people. 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 3:52 PM, DC Tom said:

People who think that are invariably people the government wouldn't bother tracking anyway.

My wife has COVID now.  So I should get it soon, too.  I'm looking forward to dying from it.

Any luck yet?

My FIL had it. My MIL never got it. Even rode to the beach 4 hours away and spent 3 days inside due to rain.

Two of my wife's employees got it. Their live-in boyfriends never got it. 

All 3 of those cases were months ago.

There is so little accountability regarding the failed rollout. Don’t want to sidetrack the conversation, but I can’t stand that thousands of doses have been trashed because the administrators and the rules governing the dispensing have bolloxed things up in a classic Catch 22. :soapbox:

:focus:

I have no idea when or how they will roll out the vaccines in my neck of the woods. 

• 1 month later...
Just Joshin

First dose received with no issues.  Second dose scheduled for March 10th.

Texas is prioritizing medical workers, those over 65 and those with medical risk.  Essential workers only if they fit in the defined groups.  This seems like the right strategy.

• Like 2

First shot, no problems. Second shot a week from tomorrow. They say the 2nd shot is tougher for young people. My wife’s niece got knocked on her butt, my mom in her 90’s had zero issues.  Yay! A rare advantage to being old! 

• Like 2

I'm neither an old fart (surprised huh?) nor a person of color (tan's faded) or incarcerated so I will likely get my here in CA sometime in the spring of 2025.  

I do know lots of people (clients/co-workers/friends etc) that have gotten it.  I'm really feeling we are getting out of the woods on this virus.  

I finally got an appt available trying since March 1 when I was eligible. 
Scheduled for March 17th hoping I win the lottery raffle as well.

• Like 1

Just Joshin
On 3/8/2021 at 8:29 PM, Just Joshin said:

First dose received with no issues.  Second dose scheduled for March 10th.

Texas is prioritizing medical workers, those over 65 and those with medical risk.  Essential workers only if they fit in the defined groups.  This seems like the right strategy.

Second dose is in the arm.  Both of us have experienced pain at the injection site - like being punched really hard.  Getting better but still feel it in day 3.  Wife had one day of feeling generally poor with some flu like symptoms.  Better now.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

On 1/11/2021 at 12:52 PM, DC Tom said:

My wife has COVID now.  So I should get it soon, too.  I'm looking forward to dying from it.

Wow, so the Bills really DO have a chance to win it all this year!!!

• Wow 1