Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Have you or someone you know gotten the vaccine shot yet? (Let’s keep political comments out of this please)

mead107

Lots of stories out today about a huge reduction of J&J vaccine shipments next week.   Have our shot on Tuesday.  Hoping that the reductions will affect the following week's supply 🙂

Nouseforaname
18 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Lots of stories out today about a huge reduction of J&J vaccine shipments next week.   Have our shot on Tuesday.  Hoping that the reductions will affect the following week's supply 🙂

Apparently J&J has a clotting issue according to the European regulators. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Good luck.

Remember when they said the type of blood you had affected how bad you came down with covid? 
what type of blood has the clots occurred in? 
Jj has only had 4 people  clott? Millions of shots give out? 
they are short because the company that made it screwed up millions of shots. 

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
18 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Remember when they said the type of blood you had affected how bad you came down with covid? 
what type of blood has the clots occurred in? 
Jj has only had 4 people  clott? Millions of shots give out? 
they are short because the company that made it screwed up millions of shots. 

I think the odds of getting a clot from COVID vaccines are very low but they seem to be affecting only the AstraZeneca and J&J vaccines.

I haven't become eligible to get a shot yet but when I do, I will opt for Pfizer or Moderna.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Meazza said:

I think the odds of getting a clot from COVID vaccines are very low but they seem to be affecting only the AstraZeneca and J&J vaccines.

I haven't become eligible to get a shot yet but when I do, I will opt for Pfizer or Moderna.

Son had JJ no problem. 
daughter just got it yesterday and no problem 

2 hours ago, Meazza said:

Apparently J&J has a clotting issue according to the European regulators.

</snip>

The EU’s drug regulator is reviewing reports of rare blood clots in four people who received Johnson & Johnson’s Covid-19 vaccine and has expanded its inquiry into AstraZeneca’s shot to include reports of a bleeding condition.

Of the four serious cases of clotting and low platelets, three occurred in the US during the rollout of J&J’s vaccine from its Janssen pharmaceuticals unit, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) said on Friday, adding that one person had died and one case was reported in a clinical trial. It was the first news of EMA’s inquiry into the J&J vaccine.

The EMA has already confirmed possible links between AstraZeneca’s coronavirus vaccine and very rare blood clots in the brain and abdomen.

</snip>

Nouseforaname
5 minutes ago, Ann said:

It was four cases total, one of which was during clinicals, so far 4 million doses have been administered (well, as of last week) which is .000001%.

Yes I agree, it's very rare though AstraZeneca was enough for them to adjust their policy.

Of course their policy of not vaccinating people with this vaccine is actually killing more people.

28 minutes ago, Meazza said:

Yes I agree, it's very rare though AstraZeneca was enough for them to adjust their policy.

Of course their policy of not vaccinating people with this vaccine is actually killing more people.

AstraZeneca is 1/100,000 which is .00001% (UK rate is even less at 1/250,000).  I have no idea if that is within tolerance/variance. 

Even the polio vaccine   way back in the past had a rate of like 1 in  million actually causing polio. The covid contains no attenuated COVID  viruses.

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
10 hours ago, Ann said:

AstraZeneca is 1/100,000 which is .00001% (UK rate is even less at 1/250,000).  I have no idea if that is within tolerance/variance. 

Neither do I.  I’m just reporting what is in the headlines here.  The problem is the European regulator that is being overzealous and effectively turning people off from these vaccines.

1 hour ago, Meazza said:

Neither do I.  I’m just reporting what is in the headlines here.  The problem is the European regulator that is being overzealous and effectively turning people off from these vaccines.

Things like that make me go mmmm. Wants a check from the pharmaceutical companies? Has a check from one company and not the other? Benefits from the lock downs? Or, is simply doing their job overzealously and with an abundance of caution?

I hate being so cynical.

Nouseforaname
Just now, Ann said:

Things like that make me go mmmm. Wants a check from the pharmaceutical companies? Has a check from one company and not the other? Benefits from the lock downs? Or, is simply doing their job overzealously and with an abundance of caution?

I hate being so cynical.

I’d say an abundance of caution.  In Quebec, we stopped giving astra to anyone under 55 as the benefits seem to outweigh the risks.

I'm in a wait and see mode on the thing.  Every month there is more info.  Will make a decision down the road.  Don't feel at risk at all of getting terribly sick from Covid. 

• Like 1

Get it for your family and relatives.  We got my 94 year old mom vaccinated first (J&J). The rest of the family have had the first shots. How would you feel if your parents or grandparents  caught it from you.

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
1 hour ago, Wacka said:

Get it for your family and relatives.  We got my 94 year old mom vaccinated first (J&J). The rest of the family have had the first shots. How would you feel if your parents or grandparents  caught it from you.

I agree with you but does the vaccine actually prevent infection or just symptoms?

CarpetCrawler
7 hours ago, Meazza said:

I agree with you but does the vaccine actually prevent infection or just symptoms?

Prevent infection.

• Cheers 1