Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Josh Allen named AFC Offensive Player of the Month for December

You Dirty Rat

You Dirty Rat

josh-allen-december-player-of-the-month

Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen has been named AFC Offensive Player of the Month for December, the NFL announced Thursday.

Allen passed completed 129 of 184 passes (70.11 percent) for 1,516 yards, 15 touchdowns and just two interceptions during five games since the beginning of December, all Bills victories. He also rushed for 110 yards and two touchdowns.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/josh-allen-named-afc-offensive-player-of-the-month-for-december

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 2

In addition to what he means to the Bills he now has two offensive player of the month awards. How can this guy not be the frontrunner for league MVP?

Beer__League__Hockey
12 minutes ago, Ann said:

In addition to what he means to the Bills he now has two offensive player of the month awards. How can this guy not be the frontrunner for league MVP?

I think the MVP has to go to someone who is not a 1 year fluke, which is what the average NFL fan still expects out of Josh.  I know we see him differently (the 2018 away Miami loss showed me a ton, I was a Josh believer after that), but the average fan sees him as a more productive Blake Bortles.

Next year.

• Like 2

That’s about right @BeerLeagueHockey. 
He hasn’t won a playoff game yet. He’s checked off every other box though. 

Wasn’t the TD he caught in a December game too?  I’m old. Old and lazy. 

EDIT: Nope. It was the Arizona Redbirds game. 
Now back to being lazy. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ann said:

In spite of our ability to view and digest film like never before, we still live in a world of perception. The two guys ahead of Allen have rings, and are constantly elevated by NFL talking heads simply for the way they tie their shoe laces. You can almost hear Kevin Harlan yelling, "Oh, and look at Mahomes breaking out the bunny ears, bunny ears, JUMP-ING down a hole method on third and long!"

If Allen picks it up next year where he leaves off this year, especially if he can at least get the team to the AFC Championship game this year, he'll have a better shot because more prime-time games (inevitable for next year) will give more people the opportunity to see the absolute ridiculous throws he's been making...and they are absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 1

Chandemonium
20 minutes ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

I think the MVP has to go to someone who is not a 1 year fluke, which is what the average NFL fan still expects out of Josh.  I know we see him differently (the 2018 away Miami loss showed me a ton, I was a Josh believer after that), but the average fan sees him as a more productive Blake Bortles.

Next year.

You mean like Lamar Jackson?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Beer__League__Hockey
39 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

You mean like Lamar Jackson?

But Lamar is (was) a media darling.  Josh is an ugly duckling, but the NFL brand will have to accept him soon enough.

• Haha 1