Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

New Name for Buffalo Bills Stadium is: Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield Stadium

Ann

16 hours ago, Ann said:

I think it is FIFCO USA. I cannot find any connection between the two (if you can, please share!) What is very interesting is one is HQed in Rochester, the other in Victor. They can wave on the expressway.

A bit convoluted - AmBev's acquisition of Bud would have given them 90%+ beer sales share in NYS.  They had to divest the US rights to Labatts, and that's when Fifco was created.  They also had to sell US distribution rights of the Mexican brews, and that's how Constellation picked those up.

As for naming rights, Uline Tables is the obvious choice

• Haha 1

I don't think it will be a current partner/sponsor, but rather a competitor to a current sponsor.  It's going to have to be a firm that's able to spend ~$5M/year, plus an increase if they want to retain when there is a new stadium.  A car company seems logical.

• 4 weeks later...

Not stadium name related, but a good overview from Buffalo Business First of where the parties stand with the stadium upgrade decision.

But even while it’s fun to discuss how they play, where they do the playing remains a looming issue. A new stadium in downtown Buffalo? An extensive rehab of the existing facility? Somewhere between the two questions is an answer.

A resolution seemed near by early 2020, with the Bills’ 10-year lease of the stadium with Erie County set to expire in 2023. A consultant hired by Pegula Sports and Entertainment, the entity that owns the Buffalo Bills and Sabres, to explore the future of the football stadium and KeyBank Center (where the Sabres play) had completed its work and delivered findings internally. Erie County had brought on attorneys to prepare for a new round of negotiations.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, B-Man said:

BILLSFANS.COM STADIUM..................it has a nice ring to it.

:wine:

Whatever they name the stadium I sure hope they get that nice ring.

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

2 hours ago, Koko said:

They should revert it back to Mighty Taco Stadium.

Our restrooms are already overtaxed!  😱

Whatever the stadium name is, I hope there are signs that announce: No Train Horn Zone!

• FANtastic 1