Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Some in league circles would take Josh Allen over Patrick Mahomes long-term

You Dirty Rat

You Dirty Rat

I've talked to very knowledgable people in league circles who quietly will say that if they had to choose between the two right now, they would take Allen for the course of the career, because he's larger and possibly more durable than Patrick Mahomes would be. It remains to be seen how durable both are over the long haul, but that's high praise for Josh Allen because there is a sense by some that Patrick Mahomes is in a class by himself. There are others that think Josh Allen is in that exact same class."

https://www.radio.com/wgr550/sports/bills/some-in-league-circles-would-take-allen-over-mahomes?dfpvars[app]=true&app=true

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

Alaska Darin

I can see personnel people and GMs whispering that because it makes a ton of sense.  BUT...JA needs to perform at this level in the postseason.  That's the final question that needs to be answered.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I can see personnel people and GMs whispering that because it makes a ton of sense.  BUT...JA needs to perform at this level in the postseason.  That's the final question that needs to be answered.

Agreed. Philip Rivers is the poster boy for gaudy stats during the regular season and not getting the job done in the playoffs. 

Josh has to leap over that hurdle and show he’s the same beast in the post season as he is in the regular season. 

11 minutes ago, Norm said:

Lets put it this way, I am NOT trading Allen for Mahomes

Agreed. And the Bills and GB may be the only two teams that would say that.

• Like 2
  • FANtastic 1

BuffaloHokie13
3 minutes ago, Ann said:

Chargers would have to think pretty hard. Only 1 year in, but Herbert was impressive. 

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
12 minutes ago, Ann said:

I would trade Rogers for Mahomes but only because of the age difference.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Chargers would have to think pretty hard. Only 1 year in, but Herbert was impressive. 

I think Herbert is going to be something. Is he as good as Mahomes now? Nope. Could he be in a year or two? I would not be surprised to see that happen. 

Alaska Darin
6 minutes ago, Ann said:

I think Herbert is going to be something. Is he as good as Mahomes now? Nope. Could he be in a year or two? I would not be surprised to see that happen. 

He's basically terrible.  Tua for life.

Sincerely,

Finheaven

• Haha 2

Billsfan1959

I don't get too worked up over "who is better?" arguments, as there are so many unique variables that go into the success of each player. I do believe Allen is absolutely in the same class as Rogers and Mahomes and I'm sure the teams and fan base of each are happy with who they have.

Personally, Allen is exactly the kind of QB I have been hoping for since Jim Kelly. I have been a fan since he was drafted and I believe he will be an upper echelon QB for a long time. Keep the talent level up around him and I think he will, at some point, bring this city a championship.

• Like 1