Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What are we watching/recommend ?

Teddy KGB

Just started the new season of Fargo last night.        Slow start but I’m intrigued, all the other seasons have been great.  

Cant wait for Cobra Kai, Ozark, and Peaky Blinders to return.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, LB3 said:

I just started The Haunting of Bly Manor. Really enjoyed the Haunting of Hill House.

I'd have to sleep with the lights on for months if I watched something like that.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Ann said:

I'd have to sleep with the lights on for months if I watched something like that.

My wife and son love the scary, creepy stuff...and I simply can't take it. Especially if someone is being slowly tortured, locked in a basement, and especially if that someone is a child. Screw that. I have a hard enough time trying to get through 'A Dog's Purpose," I don't need to see a demon child flip nuns upside down in the sign of the cross and light them on fire.

That said, we binged The Umbrella Academy and was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. Likewise with The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. 

• Haha 2

Ozark

Last Kingdom 

Marvelous Mrs. Maizel 

Peaky Blinders 

are the series that the Mrs. and I follow. If I see anything good, this is the thread that I will use 

Of course, take that with a big grain of salt knowing that I just finished watching the SergeantPepper movie with the BeeGees and Peter Frampton

As I expected, it was a train wreck, but I just couldn’t turn it.

• Haha 1

Yellowstone we've found entertaining.    Seasons 1 and 2 on Peacock streamed and season 3 on Paramount.  Costner is exec producer and plays a leading role.  It's set in modern times Montana with the collision between the old west, corporate interests and legacy Indian reservations/interests.  It's a rugged script.  I think most people that get through the first 2-3 episodes will continue to watch all of it. 

Edited by Ninety-4
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 10/13/2020 at 8:38 PM, LB3 said:

I just started The Haunting of Bly Manor. Really enjoyed the Haunting of Hill House.

I watched this.  

Not a horror show in the slightest.

Lesbian love story yes.  Horror story no.

Quite disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

Walter Buffalo
24 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

I watched this.  

Quite disappointed.

Imo, seems alot of Netflix and Amazon shows veer off sooner than later.

But, I have to give them a try because my wifes texting posse' are always hyping up something and how would I know how good they are since they watched them and I didn't.

I'd rather watch Dexter for the 5th time around, but hey, that's just me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Miner said:

I watched this.  

Quite disappointed.

Everything has a lesbian love story now. I don't give a crap, but I do need to occasionally explain to my son that no matter how many times he sees chicks making out on TV, they absolutely NEVER look that hot in the real world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We watched the shooter. We have the last two episodes of the series left. keeps you in suspense.  That said, the main actor looks like Josh Allen at first glance at times.

11 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Everything has a lesbian love story now. I don't give a crap, but I do need to occasionally explain to my son that no matter how many times he sees chicks making out on TV, they absolutely NEVER look that hot in the real world.

Here’s the thing I don’t understand about all the Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu shows that involve homosexuality.

Most of the shows developed on these platforms have some kind of protagonist or side character that more often than not is in a heterosexual relationship and then at some point discovers or decides they’re gay.

That’s an odd stance to take by these studios, because for decades the lgbt community has been preaching that it’s not a choice, and that no one decides to be gay. But I see it in these shows time and time again.

I have no issue with gay characters in these shows whether they were originally gay or “become” gay.  One thing that is annoying though is that all the characters that “become” gay are written lazily and that transition in their story is unearned.  Usually all it takes is a wink or a touch from another gay character and then suddenly that character is gay.   

It’s seems as though Hollywood views homosexuality like Covid and no one washes their hands well. Or that you can catch the gay if they eye &#%$ the shit outta you.

Come on Hollywood.  Stop being lazy and figure out how to write good gay characters.

If people don’t turn gay, stop portraying that in your stories.  If you are attempting to show repressed characters coming out of the closet then actually write that in and do it.  But normally it’s a character that is generally fine in life and then meets a gay person, and *poof* they catch the gay.

Gay characters don’t make me angry. Lazy writing does.

Write better shit.

/rant off

On 10/13/2020 at 6:50 PM, Teddy KGB said:

Cant wait for Cobra Kai...

I'm guessing it's good? My wife and I want to start watching from the beginning.

For Halloween, my 3-year-old daughter will be Danielsan and I'll be Johnny Lawrence. I've been growing the MacGyver mullet since January, so no fake hair necessary! 😁

I’m finally finishing Better Call Saul.  I love character development stuff like that series.

I haven’t seen Breaking Bad yet, is that wrong of me?

Ozark was pretty good, I will watch the next season when it comes out.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sum Ting Wong said:

I'm guessing it's good? My wife and I want to start watching from the beginning.

For Halloween, my 3-year-old daughter will be Danielsan and I'll be Johnny Lawrence. I've been growing the MacGyver mullet since January, so no fake hair necessary! 😁

It’s fun.    Peaks and Valleys and second season gets a little Disney-ish. 
Plenty of laughs and worth a watch 

Its on Netflix now and everyone’s burning right through it. 

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Cheers 1

Walter Buffalo

Don't think my wife and I (60+) are in the Netflix or Amazon target group for most of their movies or series productions.

Though we enjoyed the Lemony Snickets series and are thankful they steadily run PBS's Great British Bake Off and Downton Abbey which which we watch over and over....after that I nothing but the "free" shipping.

Edited by Walter Buffalo

On 10/15/2020 at 3:56 PM, Walter Buffalo said:

I'd rather watch Dexter for the 5th time around, but hey, that's just me. 

I'm with you on Dexter...and throw in The Wire with it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Saw a rumor that they're restarting Dexter.

Wouldn't mind.  Seven seasons was too short.  It could have used an eighth to wrap everything up nicely.

The last season was complete crap.  

Hope they can bounce back from it.