Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What are we watching/recommend ?

Teddy KGB

Nouseforaname
12 hours ago, Foxx said:

I settled on, The Head. Two episodes in, nothing great but it is at least passable.

Fauda or our boys was very good .

On 2/3/2023 at 12:00 AM, Jabba The Hutt said:

Can you please punch the d-bag in the nuts that decided to do what they did with Ron Swanson? The best acting of his career and they tarnished it with their LGBTQIF+++ shit... I can't get that shit out of my nightmares, also at the same time:crying3:

The Last of Us has at least two more LGBTQIF+++ stuff in the works

One is central to the story line, and has already been alluded to.  The other is contrived woke nonsense the game developers threw into a DLC

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Jabba The Hutt
2 minutes ago, devnull said:

The Last of Us has at least two more LGBTQIF+++ stuff in the works

One is central to the story line, and has already been alluded to.  The other is contrived woke nonsense the game developers threw into a DLC

Great, who are they going to get to act it out next...Chris Pratt and Harrison Ford? Hulk Hogan and Clint Eastwood? :crying3:

4 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Great, who are they going to get to act it out next...Chris Pratt and Harrison Ford? Hulk Hogan and Clint Eastwood? :crying3:

Two characters already introduced and a child actor from the 80s

• Sad 1

Deranged Rhino

Had no idea this was happening. If you had asked me if any older movies would be immune from the reboot madness, I would have picked any of Ron Shelton's movies, but especially this one. Jeesh... 

• Cheers 1

The Last of Us Episode IV

I was disappointed in the change of venue 😞

Probably won't affect the story, but I was hoping to see the post apocalyptic portrayal of somewhere closer to home

• Like 1

I thought that I would check out Rian Johnson's latest effort POKER FACE on Peacock.

After the first three episodes I am happy to report that it is extremely well written and acted.

However the whole concept of the show is different than I thought going in

After the initial episode it has turned into "Route 66" as we follow the wonderful Natasha Lyonne on the run and essentially a new story and guest stars every week

I can recommend it (so far)

• Cheers 1

Physical 100 on Netflix has been great. No woke bullshit. Funny, poorly done English dubbing. Incredible athletic competition.

The show I didn't know I needed.  It got my focus off of the Bills season coming to a disappointing end.

• Cheers 2

On 12/2/2022 at 9:35 AM, Ann said:

I am not sure it gets released. How do you film five endings, and the BEST audience rating from that group of five endings is a mere 35%? 

Since there was a June release date listed for the latest Indiana Jones during the Super Bowl, they are clearly releasing. @Deranged Rhino any scuttlebutt on what ending was chosen? Or did they film a sixth or seventh ending?

Deranged Rhino
1 hour ago, Ann said:

Since there was a June release date listed for the latest Indiana Jones during the Super Bowl, they are clearly releasing. @Deranged Rhino any scuttlebutt on what ending was chosen? Or did they film a sixth or seventh ending?

I heard they did some reshoots in January after a screening with some of the studio's big brass  - but I don't know if they just tweaked something or made a radical change. I don't know anyone who was at the screening personally, but one of their coordinators is in my social circle. I tried to get her to talk to me about her thoughts on it all but she only gave me one of these faces:

I've moved from not wanting to see it to wanting to see how bad they bungled it. :classic_laugh: 

Eek GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

Deranged Rhino

Anyone going to see Ant-Man this weekend? 

I know the last phase of the MCU was pretty uneven (maybe that's being kind) but I'm weirdly expecting this one to be really solid. The early reviews aren't giving me much hope that I'm right on that front, but I still am going to check it out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I know the last phase of the MCU was pretty uneven (maybe that's being kind) but I'm weirdly expecting this one to be really solid. The early reviews aren't giving me much hope that I'm right on that front, but I still am going to check it out.

Wife wants to see it in the theater.  Not sure that we'll actually do that.  But it has been ages since we saw anything in the theater, probably the last Spider-Man or the 007 flick.  (So our track record recently is quite spotty.)

• Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That really very shitty Dr. Strange in the multiverse movie has completely put me off of Marvel. And I can't believe it took so long for me to quit them.

• Like 3

Deranged Rhino
1 minute ago, snafu said:

That really very shitty Dr. Strange in the multiverse movie has completely put me off of Marvel. And I can't believe it took so long for me to quit them.

Yeah, that was pretty terrible. All of phase 4 was a mess (with the exception of the 3rd Spidey which was pretty great), but that Strange sequel made the entire universe even messier. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, snafu said:

It ticked me off since that was the only one I wanted to continue with (besides GOTG). After this next Guardians, I am done with Marvel. 

Shazam 2 better not disappoint me, or I am off comic book movies forever. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yeah, that was pretty terrible. All of phase 4 was a mess (with the exception of the 3rd Spidey which was pretty great), but that Strange sequel made the entire universe even messier. 

The Spider-Man movie had some really great stuff, but really didn't like the way how Strange just wiped him out of everybody's memory.

They'd better not F up Guardians 3.  But am expecting it.  Gomorrah (sp?) was in the trailer, which makes no sense as she was dead dead in her last flick.

• Like 1