Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What are we watching/recommend ?

Teddy KGB

On 10/14/2020 at 10:06 PM, B-Man said:

Ozark

Last Kingdom 

Marvelous Mrs. Maizel 

Peaky Blinders 

Another vote for Last Kingdom.  If you like Vikings, you'll enjoy The Last Kingdom

And Peaky Blinders is just freakin awesome.  That's always at the top of my list when people ask me what's a good show to watch

On 10/15/2020 at 2:38 AM, Meazza said:

The expanse is highly recommended.

The Expanse is great.  Can't wait for the New Season

On 10/15/2020 at 3:23 PM, bdutton said:

It took a few episodes to get warmed up to it but The Boyz on Amazon is really good.

I keep meaning to watch The Boys but just never get around to it.  Everybody I know that has watched it think it's hillarious.

On 11/1/2020 at 11:08 AM, The_Dude said:

Rewatching Good Omens on Amazon. Highly recommend. Lighthearted and witty. 

Agreed. When Good Omens is a nice change of pace when everything on TV tries to be gritty and dark

1 hour ago, devnull said:

Another vote for Last Kingdom.  If you like Vikings, you'll enjoy The Last Kingdom

And Peaky Blinders is just freakin awesome.  That's always at the top of my list when people ask me what's a good show to watch

The Expanse is great.  Can't wait for the New Season

I keep meaning to watch The Boys but just never get around to it.  Everybody I know that has watched it think it's hillarious.

Agreed. When Good Omens is a nice change of pace when everything on TV tries to be gritty and dark

My friend....I approve of everything you said. The Expanse was great but I stopped watching unintentionally. 

Since it appears we have similar taste, let me recommend The Good Place. I give it a perfect 10/10. It’s on Netflix. 

17 hours ago, devnull said:

I've been working my way through the Boys this week. It's a damned good show.

13 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Watching Holmes on Homes right now - if you've never seen it, it's a contractor who goes around (Canada, mostly) fixing other contractors' &#%$-ups.  It's on the Discovery network channels.

This episode is a doozy...couple in CA make an ill-advised decision to dump $230k into a contractor putting an ultra-modern addition onto a smallish bungalow.  Contractor basically tears down their entire house, &#%$s everything up, overbills by about $40k, doesn't finish the work, then puts an additional $100k lien on their property when they fire him because he's going out of business otherwise.  Fixing this asshat's work cost another $500k above and beyond their initial $270k investment.  

This guy - Mike Holmes - has a few shows.  They're all interesting explorations into how utterly terrible contractors can be.  

I'd rather watch Maine Cabin Masters. Bunch of good ol rednecks that will do a redo on the cheap (I'm sure the network kickbacks help). I'd gladly lay down 30 to 50 grand for some of their work.
Holmes seems to always have an unlimited budget - it's almost like he's spending Canadian dollars 😁  Now that his son is on the show it got even more unwatchable. But I do like how his son counteracts his pompous dad sometimes.

On 11/5/2020 at 9:21 AM, Koko said:

I've been working my way through the Boys this week. It's a damned good show.

Wifey and I started watching this last night. The first couple of episodes so far are pretty good. I started to realize the main character Hughie is what makes it work. He constantly has this WTF am I looking at? look on his face that helps add comedy. And I don't mind admitting, Elizabeth Shue still looks pretty good. I feel like I haven't seen her since "Leaving Las Vegas."

On 10/15/2020 at 8:59 PM, snafu said:

I’m finally finishing Better Call Saul.  I love character development stuff like that series.

I haven’t seen Breaking Bad yet, is that wrong of me?

Ozark was pretty good, I will watch the next season when it comes out.

Yes its wrong of you not watching Breaking Bad! Imho next to the Sopranos the best show ever

• Like 1

We are shite tv junkies. Guilty pleasure. We have been binging on "Love Island" UK edition.  Two great things about this show. The narrator is a stand up comic so he is constantly making fun of the contestants. The second great thing is how they throw grenades in the show if things are going too smoothly. For example, if a pairs relationship is getting too solid (boring) they will bring in the dudes ex girlfriend to cause trouble. Or they will have contests that involve outside tweets from fans who see stuff on the show that the actual contestants don't. That can cause angst/doubt etc. 

Anyone else watching Mandelorian?

No spoilers, but...

First episode of Season 2 was a great standalone episode.  Straight up spaghetti western with some Tremors mixed in

I kinda wanna discuss episode 3 but don't wanna drop any spoilers

Edited by devnull

1 hour ago, devnull said:

No spoilers, but...

First episode of Season 2 was a great standalone episode.  Straight up spaghetti western with some Tremors mixed in

I plan on waiting until all of the season 2 episodes drop, then binge watch.

14 hours ago, devnull said:

No spoilers, but...

Watched S2, E1 but not the other two yet. 

Keep this thread pinned.  

I can't find anything good on.  I've gone thru all 7 good shows on the streams.  Lol.

From the Streams:

Ozarks 

Yellowstone 

Stranger Things 

NARCOS 

Dark (watch with subtitles) 

Haunting of Hill House (2nd season was false advertising)

The Man in The High Castle 

Jack Ryan (season 2 was just ok)

The Queen's Xanax (I don't understand the point to this show)

The Rain (watch with subtitles)

Cobra Kai (season 1 is all time)

Black Mirror 

Mindhunter

You (wife's choice I swear)

Glitch

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like 2