Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Allen, Beasley, White, Roberts Named 2nd Team All Pro

Ann

I was just wondering about this about an hour ago.  

I think these are correct picks. Diggs for first team, too. Was wondering if any of our O-line was going to get some notice.  I guess the fact that they didn’t just makes the Allen, Diggs, Beasley seasons that much more impressive.

• Like 1

Honest, naive question for everyone: I used to put a lot of joy into who gets selected to the Pro Bowl. Then we saw Vince Young get in and I realized it wasn't nearly about talent as it was about popularity, so while it's nice to see Bills players picked for the Pro Bowl, I realize it's just a professional sports version of Tiger Beat magazine.

Does the All Pro list have any more credibility? I mean, it looks to be mostly sports writers who make the picks, but that strikes me as just a slightly more credible version of the Pro Bowl selection.

I ask because my social media feeds are filled with how amazing it is that all these players...Bills players and otherwise...got picked, but is it REALLY that credible of a thing?

Just curious.

3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Honest, naive question for everyone: I used to put a lot of joy into who gets selected to the Pro Bowl. Then we saw Vince Young get in and I realized it wasn't nearly about talent as it was about popularity, so while it's nice to see Bills players picked for the Pro Bowl, I realize it's just a professional sports version of Tiger Beat magazine.

Does the All Pro list have any more credibility? I mean, it looks to be mostly sports writers who make the picks, but that strikes me as just a slightly more credible version of the Pro Bowl selection.

I ask because my social media feeds are filled with how amazing it is that all these players...Bills players and otherwise...got picked, but is it REALLY that credible of a thing?

Just curious.

I think it matters a lot to player agents.  

Pro Bowl is a watered down list.  All pro isn’t. 

• Like 4

Beasley is a surprise even for a homer.  He had a great season but seems like others had better seasons.  It does show the respect for the Bills offense for 3 WRs to be voted as all pro.

OK - 2 and 1 ST but he technically is a WR.

1 hour ago, Norm said:

That video referenced in the article is below. It's interesting listening to Florio discuss how the key for the Colts is to kill the clock, keep Josh on the sidelines, try to go into the half with the lead so in the second half Josh Allen will start feeling it all slip away and decide "Oh, well..."

Which is my way of saying I'm pretty sure Florio hasn't watched a Bills game in the past 8 or 9 weeks.

• Like 1

For Beasley to have had the season he did behind stefon diggs, and theoretically behind John Brown, Gabe Davis, and others... Well it was a special season for him

I don't get the Jalen Ramsey love

I think Andre Roberts is a tad overrated even as a bill's homer. Isaiah Mackenzie showed that speed matters in the return, and he wasn't a liability in the past seasons. That was surprising. That is a roster spot that could be used for other positions, just surprising

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Boyst said:

For Beasley to have had the season he did behind stefon diggs, and theoretically behind John Brown, Gabe Davis, and others... Well it was a special season for him

I don't get the Jalen Ramsey love

I think Andre Roberts is a tad overrated even as a bill's homer. Isaiah Mackenzie showed that speed matters in the return, and he wasn't a liability in the past seasons. That was surprising. That is a roster spot that could be used for other positions, just surprising

McKenzie had fumbling issues early in his career and they were worried about ball security.  If he's fixed it, he may be the longer term option at the position.

• Like 4