Wild Card Playoff Bills The Aftermath

Ann

1 minute ago, mead107 said:

Just starting to calm down. 🍷 time 

I think it is gonna be an entire bottle for me after that game. :wine:

• Like 1

Chandemonium
6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

The answer to the question of how is this posible: Josh mutha &#%$ing Allen!

https://twitter.com/johnbreech/status/1348032457908617221

Additionally, not mentioned is the Colts 4:17 TOP advantage.

I’m a little surprised there hasn’t been a playoff game where both teams have gone for 450+ and zero turnovers.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Additionally, not mentioned is the Colts 4:17 TOP advantage.

Give or take 5 seconds.

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GG1 said:

That's the wrong angle. On the EZ shot, the knee is clearly up when Poyer touches the back.  

And it actually looks like Poyer holds up a split second for him to get up because he already intended to go for the ball

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

he is a good OC. Not a great OC. 

The offense literally set every franchise meaningful franchise record without a real off season and won a playoff game where the offense clearly had to cover for the defense most of the day.

&#%$, people are ridiculous sometimes. 

• Like 2
  • FANtastic 1

Just now, DC Tom said:

While developing a very raw QB into one of the top 3 in the league, on par with Mahomes and Rogers, in three years

I want to know, if Daboll isn't a great OC, what the measure of a great OC actually is.  

The take is so ridiculous that I didn't bother answering the question.  There were some execution problems today, clearly.  AND NO ONE KNOWS WHAT WAS COACHED.  I suspect there are a few occasions when JA and/or the OLine didn't check correctly and it cost us a bit.  It happens and they'll learn from it.  It's a big stage.

That Colts' defense is legit and the best we've seen all year.  We put up 27 points, didn't turn the ball over, had almost 500 yards of offense (including a 96 yard drive in under 2 minutes).  Oh, and won the game.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

At 0:14, it looks like he's being touched while his shin was still down.  

Yup. You can’t tell if the Bills player’s hand was in his back.  I agree with the call.  

22 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

While developing a very raw QB into one of the top 3 in the league, on par with Mahomes and Rogers, in three years

I want to know, if Daboll isn't a great OC, what the measure of a great OC actually is.  

26 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The offense literally set every franchise meaningful franchise record without a real off season and won a playoff game where the offense clearly had to cover for the defense most of the day.

&#%$, people are ridiculous sometimes. 

The major complaint for the last two years was that Daboll wasn't a great OC and they wanted him gone. He has made some head scratching decisions. I would say that he has turned that mindset around when we started winning.  Great OC don't take a team that cant run the ball and run 3 run plays in a row when you need to move the ball. That said, he has done a good job. I would even say he has done a very good job.  Great=mistake free in my opinion. He is not a mistake free OC. I would love him to be. 

Edit: you are not communicating with a great poster. I think I'm good but some may think I am very good.....not great

Edited by Fansince88

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

If your metric for "great" is "mistake-free," you're going to be waiting a loooooong time for a great OC.

You should see my 12 yr old son on the Xbox playing Madden.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Whatnot78 said:

Now I can relax and watch the crappy 2 other games today. 

Tomorrows games should be better

That is exactly what I was hoping for.....Bills win right out of the gate and then I can enjoy the rest of the weekend slate and the Bills potentially get an extra day's rest on Pittsburgh.

AND breaking the playoff losing streak is huge.   Only two teams currently stating at zero years!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_franchise_post-season_droughts

As for Daboll, he's obviously been great this year and great with Allen's development.  Credit the Colts for making it tough today and forcing the Bills to make difficult plays to score (that's what good teams do).  My only issue with the play calling is I don't think those design off tackle runs directly off of the snap really fit Josh's strength as a runner (reminded me of the SD game).  QB draw against an open middle is a different story.  But I get we needed to generate some type of running game today to keep the defense off the field and it wasn't working with the backs either.  Again, credit the Colts D which played really well today.

• Like 4