Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Week 5: BILLS @ Titans: The Aftermath

Ann

10 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Anyone here into the All-22 breakdowns?  I’d love to see what TN did that took us so far away from what we’ve seen so far this year.  

All-22 should be available tomorrow.  But teams have gone through last year's film and are attacking the D's aggressiveness.  The D has very few true superstars, and instead of being fundamentally sound, like Belichick's no-name guys, Frazier's crew plays aggressively to create mismatches.  Good OCs game plan misdirections knowing that Bills bite on the first motion and gash them on the opposite side.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Deranged Rhino
4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Wonder why that is. Conventional  thinking was D would be in front of the  O with limited practices etc. 

I think it is the adoption of analytics on a more wide spread basis. Passing first down, passing 2nd down even if 2nd and 10, speeding the field to run the ball, 4th down attempts etc. 

Welcome, Plenz!!! Glad to see you kicking around these parts. 🍻

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

It dawned on me last night that the worst part of a loss like that is returning to TBD to discuss the game.

Seriously. I can accept the team has flaws, or wasn't prepared, or that they just had a bad night. I get that sinking 'oh shit' feeling while I watch Ryan &#%$ing Tannehill run for a 15-yard-TD with no one near him. But its the post-game nutbags jumping off cliffs and screaming 'this is the worst team ever' that truly makes losses like this suck.

So thanks for inviting me to a place that weeds out those crazies.

That said, you've all covered everything pretty cleanly. The D got exposed...or at least it's lack of depth got exposed. Offensively, by the time Daboll and Allen realized what the Titans were giving him, it was too late to catch up from the other mistakes. I feel like designed Allen runs would have brought the Titans D up more, but in fairness, if you don't have a Smoke Brown speed to take the top off the D on a deep route, it doesn't matter too much.

Best play: The Allen TD to Yelton. They showed the angle from behind Allen and it was simply spectactular.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

It dawned on me last night that the worst part of a loss like that is returning to TBD to discuss the game.

Yeah, I kind of jumped right into the ugly game analysis without saying a proper hello to all of you here!  It looks like you guys just got thing rolling so thanks for the invite.

I also realized how many people on the other site are tedious or worse to read either post-game or on politics or on much of anything else.

• Like 2

Another retrospective of the game that hasn't been mentioned.

Tennessee kicked NY ass with Covid handling.  Titans got hit with 20 cases, but Nashville didn't panic.  TN has more new cases than NY, Nashville is the epicenter of the breakouts, and everything is open.    There were nearly 10K people in the stadium.   Yet, Princeling Andrew can't be bothered with opening up football in Western NY because he has to deal with the pesky Jews in Boro Park, NY.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 4

16 hours ago, LB3 said:

Edmunds is still young... but he's not really improving.

Hoping the shoulder is the issue.  Because if not he really seems like he might end up the Beane era's biggest bust.

Maybe if he could play outside he might be better?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Seriously. I can accept the team has flaws, or wasn't prepared, or that they just had a bad night. I get that sinking 'oh shit' feeling while I watch Ryan &#%$ing Tannehill run for a 15-yard-TD with no one near him. But its the post-game nutbags jumping off cliffs and screaming 'this is the worst team ever' that truly makes losses like this suck.

That said, you've all covered everything pretty cleanly. The D got exposed...or at least it's lack of depth got exposed. Offensively, by the time Daboll and Allen realized what the Titans were giving him, it was too late to catch up from the other mistakes. I feel like designed Allen runs would have brought the Titans D up more, but in fairness, if you don't have a Smoke Brown speed to take the top off the D on a deep route, it doesn't matter too much.

Best play: The Allen TD to Yelton. They showed the angle from behind Allen and it was simply spectactular.

That pass was amazing.

Elite arm talent required.

10 hours ago, GG1 said:

Another retrospective of the game that hasn't been mentioned.

Tennessee kicked NY ass with Covid handling.  Titans got hit with 20 cases, but Nashville didn't panic.  TN has more new cases than NY, Nashville is the epicenter of the breakouts, and everything is open.    There were nearly 10K people in the stadium.   Yet, Princeling Andrew can't be bothered with opening up football in Western NY because he has to deal with the pesky Jews in Boro Park, NY.

Right. DiNazio and Cuomolini not big fans of those Brooklyn Jews

12 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Amen. The inane conversations on TBD after a loss are more painful to endure than the actual loss...

• Like 2

leh-nerd skin-erd

I’m a simple guy, not an X and O man, never played organized football.  

It’s really hard for me to think about all that went wrong—offense giving the ball away, lack of running game, dropped passes and Josh occasionally missing receivers....defense defending a 3-0 and short field all night, the absurd drive for 90 yards in 68 seconds to end the half, Tanny galloping for big yards, 3rd and 20 pickup, unforced errors and absolutely devastating penalties....and special teams challenges with poor field position, giving up long returns etc—-and wonder how the Bills did not lose by 70.  

I wanted to break another remote, but something convinced me to stay the course.  I’m certainly not happy, but sometimes sh$t happens.  

Let’s see how they respond. 

• Like 2