Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Divisional Round Weekend: Playoffs Bills vs Baltimore 8:15pm Saturday

Ann

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Ok I know absolutely nothing about either team but after watching the Bills against the Colts this stat is bad.  REAL bad.  

Have no fear. McDermott was just doing a Rope-A-Dope. :classic_ninja:

Just now, Nanker said:

Have no fear. McDermott was just doing a Rope-A-Dope. :classic_ninja:

Well and the rush defense was fine for 3 quarters and the "bad Edmunds" showed back up.  Epenesa had a pretty bad play as well.

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Well and the rush defense was fine for 3 quarters and the "bad Edmunds" showed back up.  Epenesa had a pretty bad play as well.

Yeah, they need a tuneup. Here’s hoping they come up with some answers. 

17 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Ok I know absolutely nothing about either team but after watching the Bills against the Colts this stat is bad.  REAL bad.  

That's what has me nervous. I'm just hoping they were prioritizing pass defense on account of Rivers and they switch that up for this game.

Just now, Uncle Joe said:

He even has his Christmas tree lights still up. Tis the season.

He needs to take down his Christmas decorations and pull up his pants. Obviously Santa didn’t bring him a belt. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nanker said:

He needs to take down his Christmas decorations and pull up his pants. Obviously Santa didn’t bring him a belt. 

Hopefully he got a Peloton.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Robs House said:

That's what has me nervous. I'm just hoping they were prioritizing pass defense on account of Rivers and they switch that up for this game.

I am concerned about Baltimore's tight end(s) attack as well as containing Lamar's breakaway runs.

10 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

He even has his Christmas tree lights still up. Tis the season.

There is a Steeler fan named Adrian who's a regular caller into Moving the Chains with Miller and Kirwan on SiriusXM.

The week leading into the Bills game, he was explaining how there was no way the Steelers would let an inaccurate JuCo quarterback beat them, and it was an insult that the Steelers were even considered an underdog in that game. He laughed at the prospect that the Steelers would do anything other than beat the shit out of the Bills en route to another Lombardi trophy.

I'm not one to call in to sports shows any more, but don't think I haven't been tempted to sit on hold for three hours just to ask them if they know if Adrian is okay,

I would not be surprised if the dude in the video was Adrian.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm not one to call in to sports shows any more, but don't think I haven't been tempted to sit on hold for three hours just to ask them if they know if Adrian is okay,

"Yo, is Adrian ok?"

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'll throw #49 a bone and say that he wasn't the primary culprit on Colts' three huge runs in 4Q (Quick All-22 review).  Granted he could have done a better anticipating the hole and shedding blocks, other guys were far more responsible.

4th Quarter Troubles 

#1 - Hines first big run.   Zimmer gets knocked off in a trap block, Edmunds fills wrong hole, but as Hines passes the LoS, he's me head on by White who totally blows the tackle.  Poyer is there for cleanup but is literally pulled off the tackle by #11.  That was as egregious as the hold vs NE.  After those two misses, Hines was off to the races, and Epenesa didn't have a good angle to take him down after 10 yard gain.

#2 - Taylor big run.  I'm not sure about the wisdom of putting Zimmer & Epenesa next to one another and the Colts exploited it beautifully by bottling them to the inside.  WR with a nice block on Taron, giving Taylor a huge opening on the left.  Edmunds didn't shed the block to slow Taylor down resulted in a 20 yard run.  Bills defense is suddenly gasses, and 4 plays later, Colts within 7.

#3 - Hines second big run.  Milano blitzes from the left, as Taylor is heading to the right.  Edmunds for whatever reason is still moving left when the play is going right.  Harry is so badly blown off the line that he takes Milano out of the play.   Edmunds, needing to reverse field is now in recovery mode with a pulling lineman heading for him.  Still he does a decent job to push the runner towards the outside pursuit, where both Levi & Taron whiff on the tackle.  Taylor tried to be cute to juke Micah who stopped him in his tracks.  If Taylor kept running it would have been 40 yards, not 33.

--

Still, the bigger concern was the return of what Brandt described as Sugar Rush Josh.  Oh boy was it there in 4Q.

After Colts pulled within 7, with 11:30 to go, Allen moved the ball with ease to get to the Colts 40, with two staright 16 yarders to Diggs & Beaz.

And then ...

Daboll dials up a beautiful swing pattern to Singletary.  Allen took the snap, looked at 26, pulled the ball down and decided to run straight into the line.  If you look at the pic below, if he makes the throw to 26, it's at least a first down or at best a TD.  Knox's reaction heading back to the huddle said it all.   Allen's decisions after that play weren't too much better.

Hopefully this was another teaching moment for him, that it was not the time nor the place for Hero ball.   That one play would have put the game out of reach.

Colts Capture2.JPG

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, GG1 said:

I'll throw #49 a bone and say that he wasn't the primary culprit on Colts' three huge runs in 4Q (Quick All-22 review).  Granted he could have done a better anticipating the hole and shedding blocks, other guys were far more responsible.

4th Quarter Troubles 

#1 - Hines first big run.   Zimmer gets knocked off in a trap block, Edmunds fills wrong hole, but as Hines passes the LoS, he's me head on by White who totally blows the tackle.  Poyer is there for cleanup but is literally pulled off the tackle by #11.  That was as egregious as the hold vs NE.  After those two misses, Hines was off to the races, and Epenesa didn't have a good angle to take him down after 10 yard gain.

#2 - Taylor big run.  I'm not sure about the wisdom of putting Zimmer & Epenesa next to one another and the Colts exploited it beautifully by bottling them to the inside.  WR with a nice block on Taron, giving Taylor a huge opening on the left.  Edmunds didn't shed the block to slow Taylor down resulted in a 20 yard run.  Bills defense is suddenly gasses, and 4 plays later, Colts within 7.

#3 - Hines second big run.  Milano blitzes from the left, as Taylor is heading to the right.  Edmunds for whatever reason is still moving left when the play is going right.  Harry is so badly blown off the line that he takes Milano out of the play.   Edmunds, needing to reverse field is now in recovery mode with a pulling lineman heading for him.  Still he does a decent job to push the runner towards the outside pursuit, where both Levi & Taron whiff on the tackle.  Taylor tried to be cute to juke Micah who stopped him in his tracks.  If Taylor kept running it would have been 40 yards, not 33.

--

Still, the bigger concern was the return of what Brandt described as Sugar Rush Josh.  Oh boy was it there in 4Q.

After Colts pulled within 7, with 11:30 to go, Allen moved the ball with ease to get to the Colts 40, with two staright 16 yarders to Diggs & Beaz.

And then ...

Daboll dials up a beautiful swing pattern to Singletary.  Allen took the snap, looked at 26, pulled the ball down and decided to run straight into the line.  If you look at the pic below, if he makes the throw to 26, it's at least a first down or at best a TD.  Knox's reaction heading back to the huddle said it all.   Allen's decisions after that play weren't too much better.

Hopefully this was another teaching moment for him, that it was not the time nor the place for Hero ball.   That one play would have put the game out of reach.

Colts Capture2.JPG

They called this swing at another point in the game, to the other side.  It was equally open and JA didn't throw it that time either.  Weird AF.

I said something in the game day thread about Trey's bad tackling.  It was evident throughout the game.  He didn't have a great game Saturday.

My biggest problem with Edmunds is he just seems so slow to react to what he's seeing in the run game and then isn't physical when he gets engaged.  That seems to have carryover to the rest of the defense.

Hyde and Poyer both had monster games Saturday.  Thank God.

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

My biggest problem with Edmunds is he just seems so slow to react to what he's seeing in the run game and then isn't physical when he gets engaged.  That seems to have carryover to the rest of the defense.

I have no idea of what's causing the delayed reactions.  In several games after seeing the play clearly moving in one direction, Edmunds is still moving in the totally opposite direction, until a little voice in his head says, Shithead, stop!

Watch where he starts vs stops as the play develops

image.png.a4bdf895199c86f7ce28f5edefa47acf.png

image.png.a86847ba4b6fcf4457a365162550d7ae.png

• Doh! 1

1 minute ago, GG1 said:

I have no idea of what's causing the delayed reactions.  In several games after seeing the play clearly moving in one direction, Edmunds is still moving in the totally opposite direction, until a little voice in his head says, Shithead, stop!

Watch where he starts vs stops as the play develops

And looking at those two pictures...he'd clearly be responsible for the gap on the opposite side of Oliver.  Granted, he's have to take on the pulling guard but he could at least make a pile there.

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

nah..same way last year and the Bills did a good job of containing the run, and the Ravens offence overall, cept for one blown coverage and a 70yd RD to the TE.

McD is a lot like Belicheck, he wants to take away what you do best and make you beat him with what ya dont do so well. Colts dont do anything great, thy do a lot really good! And Rivers had the game of his last 5years. 

I think the Ravens are much easier to defend as long as guys stay in their lanes/gaps, and force contain on Lamar, and not make a sack the priority.

22 minutes ago, GG1 said:

If you listened to Josh in post-game, you could tell he was unhappy with his day. The stats were great, but he just sounded like he let some plays get away from him. I recall someone post-game discussing how the Colts did a good job throwing looks at the offense that had them off balance for a while, but...y'know...I'm basing this all off what he sounded like on that post-game interview where they were trying to share the hype of winning the first playoff game and he didn't seem to want any part of that.

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

And looking at those two pictures...he'd clearly be responsible for the gap on the opposite side of Oliver.  Granted, he's have to take on the pulling guard but he could at least make a pile there.

BTW, in those two pics you can see how badly Harry is moved across the line to also block Milano

8 minutes ago, GG1 said:

My question is where did Harrison Phillips go in that .5 second ?

I see that he is being double teamed, but at least go to the ground to create an obstacle.