Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Divisional Round Weekend: Playoffs Bills vs Baltimore 8:15pm Saturday

Ann

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

I'm starting a business, analyzing the biomechanics of livers, and coaching professional drinkers to be even better drinkers.  @Nanker. give me a call.

Your phone’s ringing as I type. :kev:

38 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

You left Buffalo because it's filled with losers? And then went to Oakland? :classic_laugh:

Oakland +Marshawn +Bar Rescue = Chef Jim

On 1/11/2021 at 12:20 PM, GG1 said:

Good to see how they lost to NE & Steelers too.

So, I watched the first half of the all-22 against New England. Both teams played pretty piss poor ball. I'd easily believe both teams to be 8-8 at best judging by the first half. I counted 2 good throws by Jackson, and there was an INT to end the first half on a drive to score. I'll have to look at the final stat line when the game is complete.

On offense the entire offense runs through Jackson as we would expect. He is the worst of Trent Edwards checking down as he pulls off Josh Allen scrambles. Imagine going back to Josh or Tyrod's frequent scrambles throwing the ball to the closest target to him. Instead we see Josh sling it downfield 10-20, even 30 yards. Jackson either can't, or won't. He throws it to the nearest person in front of him despite open targets in his line of sight. Almost every one of his passes came on fast breaking targets on the outside or simple crossing routes over the middle. It reminded me of sandlot football and simple designs we saw EJ Manuel run. 

The first series I timed the time he spent in the pocket. The first series saw 3 passes where he spent just over 4 seconds holding on to the ball, with 1 sack and 1 checkdown to the RB running a wheel route.

When left to their run game it was uninspiring and their RB's were just used to balance the workload. Everything was as I wrote "a magic show of misdirection and moving parts trying to create chaos upon a bad *Patriots defense lacking Discipline." Vinovich had a tremendous first couple series instinctively sniffing out be ball, I see our LB's being able to do the same.

It will be upon Edmunds and Milano to maintain the middle of the field and I expect a lot of Nickel and Dime packages with someone keeping a strong focus/spying on Jackson. The *Patriots did not need to do this, they seemed very well prepared. They executed poorly but did enough to look the better team and leave Jackson confused. Brown was good at running the seams of the defense and will be a target when not against White. Otherwise, it's passes for RB and TE all day.

The Ravens OL isn't anything that looked spectacular. The matchup will be even there.

On defense...

They're slow to react. New England is uninspiring and Newton can either overthrow his targets, limp to a run, or get lucky and play QB every other chance... But they ran and ran a lot. I'd be curious the first half stats on the NE* run. Their RB's were breaking tackles, too. They were powering through runs making me wish we had Moss. Maybe that Antonio Williams kid will play some? 

Their DL maintains gap integrity, sucks at tackling, and collapses the pocket evenly. This is a theme with their entire  D which capitalizes on opportunity and is in the right place but lacks the quality we have always expected from their team. (I hope that made sense). The team seemed ill prepared or undisciplined in the secondary. So when they played a zone defense every defender maintained their zone and was in the right position but completely in the wrong position to make the play. The safeties got beat or lost in the wash on several plays when targets for behind the corner. Josh will throw a better ball than Newton. The same happened with the LB's. They got lost in the wash and shuffle of the runs on short yardage.

With just over a min left Baltimore got the ball back after NE WR got behind the Ravens CB to score on a great Newton pass. 

First play was an obvious pass. *Patriots brought 4 and a stand up rusher. Sacked Jackson in 3 seconds. This was as much a coverage sack as anything because his downfield targets were breaking or coming open. His checkedowns were covered well and not in his line of sight. He took his head from downfield and lost the play.

2nd, all 4 WR's ran 8 yard hooks. The throw went to the RB for 4 yards plus YAC after slipping through the line. 

The drive ends with him scampering in the pocket and setting up a great throw to have it way underneath his running WR and a clear NE* pick. 

The Ravens looked poor. I'll get the rest of the game tomorrow. 

• Like 3

Every expert is picking the Ravens it seems like. The money line is on the Bills still. I am betting that money will be put on the Bills enough the line changes to favor the Ravens. 

Not sure the weather will be much of a factor. Looks like Saturday is supposed to be upper 30's and cloudy during the day. Not sure what it will be at 8pm, but does not appear to be any significant chance of snow.

Either way, looking forward to the Bills murdering them crows.

• Like 1

I keep thinking regardless of the outcome of what @IDBillzFan said... And to paraphrase "would you rather wake up knowing josh allen is your QB or Lamar Jackson.". Tomorrow or Monday regardless of the outcome id take Josh Allen

4 minutes ago, Boyst said:

I keep thinking regardless of the outcome of what @IDBillzFan said... And to paraphrase "would you rather wake up knowing josh allen is your QB or Lamar Jackson.". Tomorrow or Monday regardless of the outcome id take Josh Allen

Just hide all the sugar rush sodas until February 8

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

You left Buffalo because it's filled with losers? And then went to Oakland? :classic_laugh:

Nice try.  I moved on from the Bills because I was tired of the losing and the "oh woe is us" mentality.  And living in Oakland for 5 years allowed me to sell my house there for a nice profit that I used to buy my retirement home for cash which is helping me retire early on easy street.  So cheers to Oakland! 

Edited by Chef Jim

23 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Nice try.  I moved on from the Bills because I was tired of the losing and the "oh woe is us" mentality.  And living in Oakland for 5 years allowed me to sell my house there for a nice profit that I used to buy my retirement home for cash which is helping me retire early on easy street.  So cheers to Oakland! 

Well Chef, Josh Allen is the tonic, the Alka Seltzer, the Brioschi that's taken away a lot of that "woe is us". It's not gone altogether, but he's the first QB we've had that has the team anywhere near a championship. It might not happen this year, but he seems determined to kick that door down and thrown that loser mentality out into the cold. Just my 2¢.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nanker said:

Well Chef, Josh Allen is the tonic, the Alka Seltzer, the Brioschi that's taken away a lot of that "woe is us". It's not gone altogether, but he's the first QB we've had that has the team anywhere near a championship. It might not happen this year, but he seems determined to kick that door down and thrown that loser mentality out into the cold. Just my 2¢.

No that's great for those that care I just don't anymore.  It was the best to actually watch the game Saturday and not be emotionally invested in the outcome at all.  Years ago my BP would have been through the roof during the Colt's final drive and hail mary.  This time it was "whatever...."  

• Cheers 1

I had a similar experience WRT the house issue. I moved from Rochester to Princeton, NJ and whoa, the sticker shock was pretty severe. But, we paid off the loan and sold our house there and it more than covered the cost of building our retirement home on the Cape. It's great having no mortgage. It sure frees up a lot of cash and lowers your monthly obligations by a ton. 

Cheers! :wine:

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Just bustin' your chops, Jim. Just bustin' your chops.

35 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I think, actually, yes, Josh part of the tonic because your success if fleeting without a franchise QB, but the stir that mixes the tonic is Team McBeane. They're building everything with a solid foundation to make the franchise QB successful. There is little doubt in my mind this team, with Josh at the helm, will be making multiple SB appearances.

Giving up on the team was never something I could do after all these years. So I kept telling myself what I knew to be true: the only way to truly enjoy and appreciate a 13-3 team is to be there front and center when they're 3-13. 

• Like 2
  • FANtastic 1