Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Ed Oliver:

Joe

By request, an Ed Oliver thread.

This is going to be a tracker for the rest of the season to watch for key plays by little Ed.

Week 5: zero game changing plays.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Deranged Rhino
6 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Maybe if he rides his horse he can get into the backfield.  

This is a time in life where I'd love a real-life Family Guy style cut-away to seeing that happen :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

On 10/14/2020 at 2:45 AM, Joe said:

This is going to be a tracker for the rest of the season to watch for key plays by little Ed.

I'd like to know where this OP is from before I comment.

• Haha 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 hour ago, Joe said:

Oh you know where I'm from.

I’m pretty sure you’re Bert’s power bottom on Sesame Street, right? 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Walter Buffalo said:

I was hoping this year to play this video by now to praise Ed's play:

It's early still, and likely few know this song or who Elvis Costello is.

.....but there's still a chance.

I worked the Elvis Costello show either last year or the year before at The Palace in Albany. Good energy for his age. 

8 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I’m pretty sure you’re Bert’s power bottom on Sesame Street, right? 

It's a shame you can't see the caption on that photo.

😈

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2020 at 5:45 AM, Joe said:

I don’t think he’s useless but he’s not impressing. Almost wonder if he’d be a better 3-4 end. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Dolphinflavoredtuna

Ed will be fine, IMO.  I have more faith in him than I do anyone on our D line.  He’s too hard of a worker to let his early limited impact effect his long-term output.

I think the critical call out here is that teams are scoring in droves This year because crowd noise is a MASSIVE component for a defense and this fact is one of many this year that are impacting defensive performances across the league.  Ed has underperformed some, no question.  But he hasn’t deserved the flack of seen from fans on other sites.  The Bills run a complex defense where individuals are assigned things that aren’t traditional to a simple 4-3, wide 9, or T2.  Gap discipline (not just control), edge setting and internal Up-front push are the critical drivers of McD’s scheme.  This defense relies on those 3 to allow complex coverages to be hard to read.  If you fail at 2 out of the 3, you get the Titans and Dolphins games, respectively.  If you succeed... You get the Raiders game.  I expect some HUGE improvement Monday night.

Now that I’ve gone on record on EO’s behalf, I hope I’m right.....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

TtownBillsFan
9 minutes ago, Joe said:

Week six: zero impact plays for Ed Oliver.

I'm fully confident I'll go 16 weeks like this. He's bad, really bad.

And you know he's not, really not.  He may be in the wrong system for him, but you damn well know he's a flipping beast in the right system, when allowed to do what he does.  Or maybe you're hoping for the 'he's too small for D-line' crew.  That'd say alot more about YOU than it would about him.  Is this Joe person someone I need to keep wasting time on?  As I know Ed Oliver is worth the time.  Just don't that Joe is.

29 minutes ago, TtownBillsFan said:

And you know he's not, really not.  He may be in the wrong system for him, but you damn well know he's a flipping beast in the right system, when allowed to do what he does.  Or maybe you're hoping for the 'he's too small for D-line' crew.  That'd say alot more about YOU than it would about him.  Is this Joe person someone I need to keep wasting time on?  As I know Ed Oliver is worth the time.  Just don't that Joe is.

Look at you go, Kreskin! The fact of the matter is, you DON'T know that. Every draft pick, minus a couple, is a crap shoot. Taking a small, weak DT in the top 10 is like playing craps with the next three mortgage payments. It's not a good idea.

You know Ed Oliver is worth the time?

Great! Then you should have no issue listing off in detail evey impact game changing play he's had since arriving in Buffalo.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

Edited by Joe

TtownBillsFan

LOL, you can do the same fun 'Google' search of Ed Oliver.  You saw what he did in one game.  Okay, in fairness, I'm saying he CAN be what I'm Bills-fan hoping he's shown can happen.  But he's shown the ability.  I'm NOT Kreskin saying he is.  I'm saying he CAN be.  But are you not also prognosticating that he CAN'T be that?  I've seen reason to see he CAN be (and Has been).  What are you forcasting there, negative Nancy?