Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Daboll

Alaska Darin

Just now, Big Blitz said:

And Bienemy has to be getting the Texans job?  I mean it's that or Watson is gone.  And if Watson is gone why would you take this job?

Leaving only Detroit as an opening if that all plays out.

1 minute ago, Ann said:

Leaving only Detroit as an opening if that all plays out.

And it sounds like a done deal Dan Campbell to Detroit 

• Like 1

Human nature, as it relates to someone like Daboll, suggests he wants to continue to climb upward. But it also wouldn't surprise me to find out he has no problem staying with his family, where he knows that success in the Buffalo area leads to immortality.

All that said, I would like at least one more year keeping the band together. Maybe two. 

This group can absolutely bring home the Lombardi.

• Like 3
  • FANtastic 2

The comments on this thread are a great read. Reasonable Philly fans stating why Daboll would not want to go there.

Also, I did not know that the Philly owners fired  McDermott’s brother from their marketing department after McDermott was fired there.  Think McDermott gave Daboll the up close and personal lowdown on Philly ownership? 

https://twitter.com/RobMaaddi/status/1351218388492812291

On 1/13/2021 at 8:13 PM, IDBillzFan said:

He never used that word ATOP, so I'm assuming he's just adjusting to the change in menu.

Oh yeah I did. I used that word a ton. The only word I used once and couldn't use anymore is gugnification.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Boyst said:

Oh yeah I did. I used that word a ton. The only word I used once and couldn't use anymore is gugnification.

Well, why the hell not? Just because you didn’t capitalize it? That shouldn’t make a diffabitterance. 

2 hours ago, Ann said:

The comments on this thread are a great read. Reasonable Philly fans stating why Daboll would not want to go there.

Also, I did not know that the Philly owners fired  McDermott’s brother from their marketing department after McDermott was fired there.  Think McDermott gave Daboll the up close and personal lowdown on Philly ownership? 

https://twitter.com/RobMaaddi/status/1351218388492812291

Yeah, I Laurey (sp?) is the iron pyrite standard for how that city of Brotherly Contempt rolls. 

Oddly enough, that made me think of Poojer. We gotta rescue Pooj from ATOP. He isn’t like most of the droogs in that stained city. Never me him. But I can tell he’s cool. 

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Well, why the hell not? Just because you didn’t capitalize it? That shouldn’t make a diffabitterance. 

Because I meant it in place or pussification. This was like 2011/2012, too. A long time ago. 

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Yeah, I Laurey (sp?) is the iron pyrite standard for how that city of Brotherly Contempt rolls. 

Oddly enough, that made me think of Poojer. We gotta rescue Pooj from ATOP. He isn’t like most of the droogs in that stained city. Never me him. But I can tell he’s cool. 

I have his number but he hates me because I use the word retard. He's really nice though, met him in baltimore. 

Philly clearly did not want him that badly if they would not wait until after the Super Bowl to interview him.  And how hard would it have been to do an earlier first Zoom interview so they could get to that second interview?

Bills denied Eagles permission to speak with Brian Daboll prior to Philadelphia hiring Nick Sirianni

Buffalo's prolonged playoff run may have helped them keep one of their most vital coaches on staff

</snip>

Daboll was a prominent name on the team's list, sources said, but they were unable to secure an interview because the Bills denied them permission to speak to Daboll last week, sources said, as is their right under the process.

</snip>

The Eagles continued their process last week and came away very impressed by Colts assistant Nick Sirianni, who is very close to former Eagles coach Frank Reich; Reich is held in very high regard by the Philadelphia brass for his prior work with Carson Wentz. Philadelphia's nine-person search committee opted to offer the job to Sirianni last week making him the team's head coach. They would have had to wait until after the Bills faced the Chiefs to attempt to speak to Daboll during a period that would normally be reserved for second interviews.

Sources said the Eagles remained unsure if they could have definitely interviewed Daboll had the Bills advanced to the Super Bowl, given that it wouldn't be a second interview. The Bills conveyed to the Eagles that Daboll would be granted permission to speak to them "when the season was over," sources said. With head coach Sean McDermott a former defensive coordinator with expertise on that side of the ball, the Eagles search committee understood why Frazier might be granted permission to interview and Daboll was not.

</snip>

• Like 3

If the NFL was smart, they'd just suspend all that stuff until the Super Bowl is over.  Teams wouldn't feel so rushed to make decisions and every possible candidate would be available to interview.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ann said:

Philly clearly did not want him that badly if they would not wait until after the Super Bowl to interview him.  And how hard would it have been to do an earlier first Zoom interview so they could get to that second interview?

Bills denied Eagles permission to speak with Brian Daboll prior to Philadelphia hiring Nick Sirianni

Buffalo's prolonged playoff run may have helped them keep one of their most vital coaches on staff

</snip>

Daboll was a prominent name on the team's list, sources said, but they were unable to secure an interview because the Bills denied them permission to speak to Daboll last week, sources said, as is their right under the process.

</snip>

The Eagles continued their process last week and came away very impressed by Colts assistant Nick Sirianni, who is very close to former Eagles coach Frank Reich; Reich is held in very high regard by the Philadelphia brass for his prior work with Carson Wentz. Philadelphia's nine-person search committee opted to offer the job to Sirianni last week making him the team's head coach. They would have had to wait until after the Bills faced the Chiefs to attempt to speak to Daboll during a period that would normally be reserved for second interviews.

Sources said the Eagles remained unsure if they could have definitely interviewed Daboll had the Bills advanced to the Super Bowl, given that it wouldn't be a second interview. The Bills conveyed to the Eagles that Daboll would be granted permission to speak to them "when the season was over," sources said. With head coach Sean McDermott a former defensive coordinator with expertise on that side of the ball, the Eagles search committee understood why Frazier might be granted permission to interview and Daboll was not.

</snip>

Or McDermott was still pissed at Lurie for whatever happened in Philly, because the Bills didn't turn down requests for Daboll to interview with other teams.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2021/01/bills-brian-daboll-apologized-to-cole-beasley-stefon-diggs-after-chiefs-loss.html

Following the Buffalo Bills’ 38-24 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs in the AFC Championship game on Sunday, offensive coordinator Brian Daboll took responsibility for the offense’s struggles.

“I know he’s just like Josh (Allen) - he’s probably taking it harder than anybody, that loss yesterday,” said Bills receiver Cole Beasley on Monday. “I know he apologized to me and Stef. We felt like there was no need to. That’s just the type of guy he is. I’m sure he’s already up (in his office) watching film trying to figure out what to do next season.”

• Like 2