Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Daboll

Alaska Darin

Daboll had a crappy game plan. 
Frasier had a crappy game plan. 
Both sides of the ball were out “physicaled,”

Reich‘s game plan was a replay of SB XXV. 
Reid’s game plan was a repeat of SB XXVI. 

• Like 2

According to Pro Football Focus, the Chiefs were able to generate 30 pressures in the game, hurried Allen 20 times and sacked him four times.

Damn those are ugly stats.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

53 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Damn those are ugly stats.

There’s got to be some accountability for that poor performance. The Chiefs we’re playing nasty on both sides of the ball. The Bills were just taking the pounding and not answering the bell. It is Coordinator Game Planning, but a LOT of that is mindset and that’s as much on the coaches as it is on the players. 

The Bills were the only team that looked like they didn’t belong on the field last Sunday. And it really pains me to say that. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Foxx said:

Not sure I understood all the charts, but that is some impressive work.

The more often you run play action the more successful it is.  

The Bills ran play action more often than any other team last year.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
TakeYouToTasker 2.0
11 hours ago, Ann said:

Being an elite play caller is much easier when you have an elite quarterback executing your offense. This isn’t to say that Reid and Daboll haven’t been absolutely essential to the development of Mahomes and Allen respectively, but four of those play callers are calling plays for the four best quarterbacks in the NFL, and Gruden is Gruden.

Inclusion on this list is an absolute public handjob for Joe Marsha.

3 hours ago, Just Joshin said:

Seems like Reid should be #1.  I don't get the Lafleur love - a product of Rodgers IMO.

Guess we'll find out soon!  :classic_laugh:

On 6/10/2021 at 9:15 AM, Just Joshin said:

Seems like Reid should be #1.  I don't get the Lafleur love - a product of Rodgers IMO.

I don’t get the Gruden love, a product of his inflated reputation. He’s 119-114 as a HC in his career. He won a SB with Tony Dungy’s team defeating a Raiders team who didn’t bother to change their playbook or calls when he left. John Lynch was LAUGHING on the sidelines that they hadn’t changed a thing. 

That does not sound like coaching greatness to me.  That sounds like the definition of mediocrity. 

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1
  • Love 1

Alaska Darin
On 6/10/2021 at 8:15 AM, Just Joshin said:

Seems like Reid should be #1.

Not based on the Super Bowl.  Reid should've put 2 TEs on the field and adapted his offense to the talent he had available. 

Alaska Darin
20 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t get the Gruden love, a product of his inflated reputation. He’s 119-114 as a HC in his career. He won a SB with Tony Dungy’s team defeating a Raiders team who didn’t bother to change their playbook or calls when he left. John Lynch was LAUGHING on the sidelines that they hadn’t changed a thing. 

That does not sound like coaching greatness to me.  That sounds like the definition of mediocrity. 

Gruden is 1000% a product of his on-camera persona.  He got A LOT of run when he was in the booth because it's obvious he really loves football and his excitement is contagious.  Most people just ignore facts like what you've just posted.

There's no way the Raiders don't regret guaranteeing that dude 10 years.  He's already wasted 30% of the contract and it's tough to argue the team is in a better place than they were when he took over.  The Chiefs own that division and it looks like the Chargers have found their franchise QB.  If they fail to make the playoffs this season, Bowl Cut may just run Chuckie.  Especially since Gruden has said publicly that he won't take the Raiders' cash if he fails.

Edited by Alaska Darin
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Gruden is 1000% a product of his on-camera persona.  He got A LOT of run when he was in the booth because it's obvious he really loves football and his excitement is contagious.  Most people just ignore facts like what you've just posted.

There's no way the Raiders don't regret guaranteeing that dude 10 years.  He's already wasted 30% of the contract and it's tough to argue the team is in a better place than they were when he took over.  The Chiefs own that division and it looks like the Chargers have found their franchise QB.  If they fail to make the playoffs this season, Bowl Cut may just run Chuckie.  Especially since Gruden has said publicly that he won't take the Raiders' cash if he fails.

He was indeed entertaining in the booth. I wouldn’t want him as our coach for a second. A lot of Rexy Bravado noise. Not much else. 

I lived in the Tampa market when he was there. Between the comments from Buc’s insiders and my own personal experience (our son’s competed in 7 on 7’s), I’m a HARD PASS on him other than the booth for entertainment. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...