Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

You WIN the mega millions or powerball what would you do

mead107

On 1/24/2021 at 11:10 AM, Chef Jim said:

I would do several things but there is one thing I know I wouldn't do and that is invest it.  The government will get half when I win and that it's  The rest I'm pulling out and spending tax free.  

Cash 💰 

On 1/23/2021 at 10:56 AM, RochesterRob said:

Other than the hiding part the other things will not do any good in NY.  Can't hide lottery money in a trust unless the laws have recently changed.  Planners are good if you don't trust yourself with money.  I think most of us have read the news to know that a person needs to protect themselves when they come into large sums of money.  Be nobody's friend but don't be rude, either.

You can form an LLC in NY to collect your winnings and keep anonymous. King Andy said it was okay. It's been used twice now...

How to anonymously collect lottery winnings in New York (nypost.com)

24 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

You can form an LLC in NY to collect your winnings and keep anonymous. King Andy said it was okay. It's been used twice now...

How to anonymously collect lottery winnings in New York (nypost.com)

What's to stop a reporter from digging up names associated with an LLC?  I get that a person is not immediately in the headlines but when there are hundreds of millions on the line word has a habit of leaking out at some point.  An LLC probably would be helpful as it would prevent some girl that you directed a spitball at while in high school fifteen years ago from suing you for emotional distress.