Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Our Only Holes Left?

BigBillsFan

Move Edmunds to OLB, especially if Milano leaves. Draft a stud MLB. They need a better option at LG and competition at RT.

Need competition at corner. Wallace and Norman were okay, better than I thought.

I actually think the dline play got much better as the season went on.

I really want to see how Bowles uses that Front 7 to slow down the Chiefs because they look light years better than the BILLS across the board in that department.  They had more big hits yesterday than the BILLS have had all year.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I really want to see how Bowles uses that Front 7 to slow down the Chiefs because they look light years better than the BILLS across the board in that department.  They had more big hits yesterday than the BILLS have had all year.

Aaron Rodgers got his 300 yards but never really looked like he had command of that game.  This was due to the disruptive nature of the Tampa D.  Their defense put them in the SB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Aaron Rodgers got his 300 yards but never really looked like he had command of that game.  This was due to the disruptive nature of the Tampa D.  Their defense put them in the SB.

Marsha did everything he could in the second half to give that game away.  LaFluer's/Rodgers' decision to use so much clock in the third quarter down 3 scores was the biggest factor keeping Marsha from wearing the goat horns.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nelson59 said:

Move Edmunds to OLB, especially if Milano leaves. Draft a stud MLB. They need a better option at LG and competition at RT.

Need competition at corner. Wallace and Norman were okay, better than I thought.

I actually think the dline play got much better as the season went on.

They did, but it's still a $50mm/yr group who can't consistently disrupt the offense.  I can't tell if it's scheme or just too many guys who can't win battles in the trenches, but the ROI on the DL is a big problem.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

They did, but it's still a $50mm/yr group who can't consistently disrupt the offense.  I can't tell if it's scheme or just too many guys who can't win battles in the trenches, but the ROI on the DL is a big problem.

Fortunately, they all have easy outs this offseason.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

But did they really?  Or was the competition (specifically the QBs) they were facing make it appear that way?

I'm not at all enamored with this defense.  They seem to get lit up with regularity when facing teams that have multiple weapons and an average or better QB.

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

But did they really?  Or was the competition (specifically the QBs) they were facing make it appear that way?

I'm not at all enamored with this defense.  They seem to get lit up with regularity when facing teams that have multiple weapons and an average or better QB.

It seemed like we weren't getting run over quite as badly as early in the year, but good point on competition.  Plus Josh & the offense was on fire after the bye so made life easier on the D.

It's an average defense....period.  Pretty hard to win a SB with an average defense unless we draft the next Thurman at RB and Knox morphs into a top 3 TE.  On defense we have a bunch of guys in the front 7 earning $7-$10mm but none of them is a game changer.  They badly need a Watt or a Bosa type lineman to change the attitude and lead the D by example.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

It's an average defense....period.  Pretty hard to win a SB with an average defense unless we draft the next Thurman at RB and Knox morphs into a top 3 TE.  On defense we have a bunch of guys in the front 7 earning $7-$10mm but none of them is a game changer.  They badly need a Watt or a Bosa type lineman to change the attitude and lead the D by example.

I agree with all of this, especially the need for a strong RB combo. There was no need for KC to do anything more than play four on the line yesterday because they knew the run game was for shit.

What I don't know is if Moss is that guy, or do we try to find someone in free agency or the draft? And even then, I'm not sure it's the right path. I AM pretty sure Singletary is NOT that guy. 

But we need that balance or the Bills will never get past the championship round.

Billsandhorns
16 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I agree with all of this, especially the need for a strong RB combo. There was no need for KC to do anything more than play four on the line yesterday because they knew the run game was for shit.

What I don't know is if Moss is that guy, or do we try to find someone in free agency or the draft? And even then, I'm not sure it's the right path. I AM pretty sure Singletary is NOT that guy. 

But we need that balance or the Bills will never get past the championship round.

The little we saw Antonio Williams in the Miami game left me intrigued to see if he may be a viable option

On 1/16/2021 at 4:09 PM, Boyst said:

After next season and losing some FA I expect needs will be: edge rusher, OL, DT as tier 2.  Third tier needs: S (hyde replacement), RB, WR (john Brown maybe gone), TE.

Depth: CB

I'd slide DT up to tier one.

That position is really bad.

49 minutes ago, Joe said:

I'd slide DT up to tier one.

That position is really bad.

I don't think the jury is out on Star Lotulelie yet.

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I don't think the jury is out on Star Lotulelie yet.

What's a year off of football going to do to his physical shape?

Fat dudes and inactivity not a good thing

8 minutes ago, Joe said:

What's a year off of football going to do to his physical shape?

Fat dudes and inactivity not a good thing

I'll trust our fearless leaders to check in with Star before it's time to start trading and drafting.

Plus, the dude is on a 5-year contract. Does he really want to show up like Flounder?

• Like 1

Billsandhorns
1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'll trust our fearless leaders to check in with Star before it's time to start trading and drafting.

Plus, the dude is on a 5-year contract. Does he really want to show up like Flounder?

Wouldn't be the first guy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

Wouldn't be the first guy

Understood. But I don't think you buy a new car without first checking on the status of the one in your garage.

Not to mention something no one in the media has really done: check in on people like Star to see what it felt like watching the team get one game away from the SB...without him.

Billsandhorns

Understood. But I don't think you buy a new car without first checking on the status of the one in your garage.

Not to mention something no one in the media has really done: check in on people like Star to see what it felt like watching the team get one game away from the SB...without him.

I'm with you on that. This front office does not strike me as a group that would not be in tune with even the guys that opted out. 

1 minute ago, Billsandhorns said:

I'm with you on that. This front office does not strike me as a group that would not be in tune with even the guys that opted out. 

Absolutely. McDermott didn't bring Star to Buffalo because he WASN'T a process guy.

• Like 1

Absolutely. McDermott didn't bring Star to Buffalo because he WASN'T a process guy.

Yep, and he let Big Stuff go because he wasn't.

• Like 1