Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

A Few Thoughts About the Ravens Game, in no particular order

Virgil

Edmunds had a rough start to the game (over/under pursuit, unsure of his keys, etc).  He REALLY picked it up as the game played out.

There were a couple of head scratching defensive calls (not pressuring Lamar on the 3rd and longs) but overall it was just a well-conceived and executed game plan by McDermott/Frazier.

I'm a bit concerned about Brown's confidence.  He's fighting the ball a bit.

• Like 1

Good write up! I love reading these posts.

Re: #6 - it was Edmunds and Murphy that laid the hit on Lamar that knocked him out of the game (I believe)

• Like 1

Taron Johnson showed some very good speed on that return.  Lamar gained a bit but Taron was flying.  Took a peak to see if he had run track in high school and he did.  He ran some 10.7 and 10.8 100 meters and some sub 22-second 200's.  Rockin' times for a high schooler whose primary focus was probably football.

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Athlete.aspx?AID=2906511

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

28 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Good write up! I love reading these posts.

Re: #6 - it was Edmunds and Murphy that laid the hit on Lamar that knocked him out of the game (I believe)

Yeah, you’re right.  I’m editing it.  I had a lot of notes and mixed them up 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

Taron Johnson showed some very good speed on that return.  Lamar gained a bit but Taron was flying.  Took a peak to see if he had run track in high school and he did.  He ran some 10.7 and 10.8 100 meters and some sub 22-second 200's.  Rockin' times for a high schooler whose primary focus was probably football.

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Athlete.aspx?AID=2906511

Big #61 in blue was right there with him for a hot minute too!

• Like 2

Last night's game is one I'd like to watch again while not being in the heat of the moment.  It seems as though the Bills pass rush did a fantastic job of not running past Lamar on most passing plays.  You keep him surrounded in the pocket and he doesn't hurt you much from there. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Big #61 in blue was right there with him for a hot minute too!

I heard this morning that on that play, Zimmer reached the 2nd highest fastest speed for a DLineman this season.  Only Aaron Donald ran faster.

Edited by Alaska Darin
  • Wow 2

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I heard this morning that on that play, Zimmer reached the 2nd highest fastest speed for a DLineman this season.  Only Aaron Donald ran faster.

Tail wind?  He's a fairly large sail. 

• Haha 3

Great write up, Virgil. Like you, I fell into the Ravens hype, and all I kept seeing pre-game was Lamar making that 43-yard TD run vs. the Titans. Then my head goes to the Bills/Titans game and how badly they beat the Bills, so I just settled into my sofa, expecting a lot of what I saw in the Ravens first drive.

It's difficult to express the joy of ultimately watching the D fluster the crap out of Lamar. He seemed so used to having an escape route that watching him twist and turn and find nowhere to go helped me be more confident as the game went on.

Oh, and in case you've never seen it, probably one of the best remakes of a classic song. Even after she screws up the last refrain, it's tremendous.

10 hours ago, Virgil said:

Yeah, you’re right.  I’m editing it.  I had a lot of notes and mixed them up 

Official Meme Thread. [NO POLITICS] - Page 12 - Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and  Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB

I kid. Great writ up as always and Kansas city.....Kansas City here I come!

• Cheers 1