Jump to content

Mahomes knocked out of Browns Game


Nanker
 Share

Recommended Posts

Not sure if he’s coming back today. 
 

Chad Henne in at aQB for the Chiefs. 
That reminds me of a song by the Dead Schembechlers  oh, it’s NSFW  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Meazza said:

This is why Josh has to stop &#%$ing running so often.

 

In Mahomes defense, this is the playoffs, lose and there is no tomorrow so anything goes!

 

That was brutal though, and normally I would wonder if it were at all possible for him to be back next week. But again, playoffs is not normal and the league wouldn't hold out one of it's stars... 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Dubs part Dub said:

It looked like he almost had his head popped off. Not a typical crushing direct hit to the head. Wonder if he had any neck/vertebrae damage. 
 

 

 

I hope not.  Neck/vertebrae/spinal injuries are something that last a lifetime

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He was literally running down the tunnel to the locker room.  It's most likely that he just got his bell rung pretty good, especially since he had the jimmy legs when he finally attempted to stand. 

 

There's no way the Chiefs wouldn't take every precaution regarding his health.  As much as you wanna win one Super Bowl, that guy has a long career in front of him and is a cash cow for the franchise.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If this is a spine issue/neck issue it's a lot worse than a concussion. But he cant clear a concussion protocol as easily as a jacked up neck.

 

He will play as I'm betting it's a neck issue. 

 

It's his foot and overall wellbeing that will be in concern.

 

 

I've had several concussions. I actually got one a few months ago doing a gymnastics movement while working out and fell 6' with momentum on to my shoulder and bounced my head off of thick matting. I blacked out but was conscious and it took me over 30 minutes to realize who, what and where I was. Within an hour I was alert and aware but pretty badly concussed. The side effects lasted a week.

 

What's also interesting is how it can emotionally effect you. I was super sensitive to emotions and if anything upset me I would cry, and get very sad. Every emotion was amplified.

 

Concussions are no joke. 

Edited by Boyst
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

He was literally running down the tunnel to the locker room.  It's most likely that he just got his bell rung pretty good, especially since he had the jimmy legs when he finally attempted to stand. 

 

There's no way the Chiefs wouldn't take every precaution regarding his health.  As much as you wanna win one Super Bowl, that guy has a long career in front of him and is a cash cow for the franchise.

 

I'm going with Jay Glazer's angle that he got choked out.  If you look at the replay, Wilson wraps him around the neck and probably constricts the airflow for a few secs when his hand is under the chinstrap.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Ann said:

When your spine gets disturbed/pinched, all kinds of crazy things can happen.  I don't think he was concussed and he probably won't have any long term effects from the tackle.  The foot/toe injury is the one they are probably most concerned with.  Without his mobility AND his ability to plant his left foot on throws, their offense will be hampered.  The other factor is that he will be more susceptible to pressure/sacks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

When your spine gets disturbed/pinched, all kinds of crazy things can happen.  I don't think he was concussed and he probably won't have any long term effects from the tackle.  The foot/toe injury is the one they are probably most concerned with.  Without his mobility AND his ability to plant his left foot on throws, their offense will be hampered.  The other factor is that he will be more susceptible to pressure/sacks.

So lets say it could have been a nerve hit.  Would the medical professional confuse that with a concussion?  Why did they place him in concussion protocol?

 

I am thinking the medical professionals who actually examined him will have a better understanding than a guy on the internet.

Edited by Just Joshin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ann said:

It wasn't a choke hold.  See the video linked and here is a post the doctor made specifically addressing that Patrick did not get choked-out by a choke hold.

-----------------------------------

Pinned by Brian Sutterer MD

Brian Sutterer MD

13 hours ago

For those saying he was choked out, first of all loss of consciousness from low blood flow would not cause fencing response. And second, the compression isn't long enough to cause LOC imo. Think of UFC fights. It takes a good 5+ seconds of a choke for a guy to go out. This was a second or two, maybe. Third, the angle of contact from the defenders arm is more straight down onto shoulder pads, not into the neck directly.

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ann said:

I don’t know what all these guys saying he didn’t sustain a hit to the head are watching. His forehead clearly gets driven into the ground as he goes down. Since concussions are caused by the brain’s momentum when the skull experiences a rapid deceleration,  that sudden stop caused by the ground is arguably more dangerous than a lot of more violent looking helmet to helmet or shoulder to helmet hits where the entire head Is able to move in the direction caused by the impact 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Chandemonium said:

I don’t know what all these guys saying he didn’t sustain a hit to the head are watching. His forehead clearly gets driven into the ground as he goes down. Since concussions are caused by the brain’s momentum when the skull experiences a rapid deceleration,  that sudden stop caused by the ground is arguably more dangerous than a lot of more violent looking helmet to helmet or shoulder to helmet hits where the entire head Is able to move in the direction caused by the impact 

 

I don't know. I've watched that play over and over and I genuinely do not believe his head ever actually hit the ground. If you look at the 1:53 mark on the doc video Spartacus posted, there's maybe an inch of space between the helmet and head.

 

I could absolutely be wrong here. I just never see his head physically hit the ground. Maybe another angle will help me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Guidelines