Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

AFC Championship Game: Buffalo vs Kansas City

Ann

Just now, Ann said:

Wasn't Singletary gimping, too?

He had an awkward fall in the last series and was replaced by Yeldon for the last 3 plays.  Sal reported that he was back on the field during the handshakes.  That's he not on the injury list is a good sign.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ann said:

When we play Tampa in a few weeks that map will be Bills 47 States Bucs 3.  

America's Team.  There is nothing remotely unlikable about them.  And it's dam fun to watch and feels so good to see this happen.  

Edited by Big Blitz

On 1/17/2021 at 11:50 PM, Ninety-4 said:

Shouldn't coaches not comment on players when they're going through the concussion protocol? 

Coach Reid saying, "He's actually going pretty well.  I just talked to him and he's doing good. We'll see how he is tomorrow but right now he's doing good."

He's pry playing no matter what even if he had a pounding headache the rest of the week he pry wouldn't tell that to the neurologist.  However, coaches really shouldn't comment on their status and just say "He's going through concussion protocol" like McDermott did when Allen got concussed against the *Patriots.  May create undue pressure on him to play.  Just a thought.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Shouldn't coaches not comment on players when they're going through the concussion protocol? 

Coach Reid saying, "He's actually going pretty well.  I just talked to him and he's doing good. We'll see how he is tomorrow but right now he's doing good."

He's pry playing no matter what even if he had a pounding headache the rest of the week he pry wouldn't tell that to the neurologist.  However, coaches really shouldn't comment on their status and just say "He's going through concussion protocol" like McDermott did when Allen got concussed against the ***Patriots.  May create undue pressure on him to play.  Just a thought.

It’s gamesmanship by the HC. Of course he should clam up, but the media would only heighten their frenzied obsession.

Remember Bob Trumpy’s SB sideline haranguing of Jim Kelly during pregame warmups. HE WAS NOT TO BE DENIED AN INTERVIEW!!! The fact that Kelly was trying to concentrate on the game that was seconds from starting wasn’t a concern for Trumpy the douchenozzle. I didn’t like him before, but I detested him after that stunt. 

:mad2:

Edited by Nanker

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

He's pry playing no matter what even if he had a pounding headache the rest of the week he pry wouldn't tell that to the neurologist.  However, coaches really shouldn't comment on their status and just say "He's going through concussion protocol" like McDermott did when Allen got concussed against the **Patriots.  May create undue pressure on him to play.  Just a thought.

Mahomes has to be cleared by an independent neurologist to even be ALLOWED to play.   I doubt anyone is putting more pressure on him than he's putting on himself but the decision isn't made by the Chiefs, Mahomes, or even the NFL until he's completely cleared by the independent neurologist.

9 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Mahomes has to be cleared by an independent neurologist to even be ALLOWED to play.   I doubt anyone is putting more pressure on him than he's putting on himself but the decision isn't made by the Chiefs, Mahomes, or even the NFL until he's completely cleared by the independent neurologist.

Well, we know that that’$ going to happen for $ure. 

Last night, NFL Network replayed the Week 6 matchup.  That saved me the Game Rewind review, although may still hit a few All-22 series.

As we discussed, you get a different perspective upon a review, especially with the narratives written after the game that the Chiefs ran all over the Bills and blew them out.   Not quite.   

This game was very close throughout.  It was undone by unsteady lineup (injuries and scheme settling by new guys), uncharacteristic penalties by Tre & Poyer, Josh's shoulder injury which caused him to sail passes, John Brown's bad play, and the Ford/Winters guard tandem.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Last night, NFL Network replayed the Week 6 matchup.  That saved me the Game Rewind review, although may still hit a few All-22 series.

As we discussed, you get a different perspective upon a review, especially with the narratives written after the game that the Chiefs ran all over the Bills and blew them out.   Not quite.   

This game was very close throughout.  It was undone by unsteady lineup (injuries and scheme settling by new guys), uncharacteristic penalties by Tre & Poyer, Josh's shoulder injury which caused him to sail passes, John Brown's bad play, and the Ford/Winters guard tandem.

And yet they were a rat's asswhisker away from grabbing a fumble in the Chief's end of the field, if memory serves me.

I uncharacteristically watched a Cover1 podcast last night, and they talked about a couple of VERY near picks that occurred. I think they said Edmunds and Poyer each missed them by a hangnail.

They did a good job of breaking down how different the Bills D is now, and based on DVOAs, or some other next-gen stat, that the Bills and Chiefs are virtually even in every metric, but the Bills D is better than KC.

Their conclusion; the Bills should win a tight game, but they'd be okay if they lost provided it wasn't to Chad Henne. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1