NFL Conference Championship Sunday: Playoff Tailgating at Home Menu

Ann

The conference championship round of the NFL playoffs is upon us and we are cheering our favorite team, the Buffalo Bills, to victory!

This week is a road game in Kansas City, so those of us not traveling with the team or lucky enough to get tickets (only 16,000 fans in the stands) will have to do our tailgating at home. No matter what size gathering, these terrific football inspired recipes are sure to be a crowd-pleasing hit! 

Go Bills! :cheer2:

cheese-football-recipe.jpg.22f7eb80dcc9dd9d242902a3011f35d5.jpg

Get the recipe >>> Cheese (Foot)ball

How to make a cheese football! This recipe is perfect at-home tailgating during the playoffs. Easy to make, it tastes great, too.

Football-Fruit-tray-for-the-big-game-xx.jpg.83e7d87d5ec4bb4c6514b6f05ea765ad.jpg

Get the recipe >>> Football Fruit Tray

This football fruit tray is a great appetizer the big game and your at-home tailgating event. It’s healthy and sweet, plus party food in the the shape of a football is easy to create.

Cheesy-Spinach-and-Sun-dried-tomato-stuffed-bread-recipe-xx.jpg.e4e5a86e27d887d8ac4c3c6febcedf76.jpg

Get the recipe >>> Cheese Stuffed Bread

Cheese Stuffed Bread with Spinach and Sun Dried Tomato makes a great game day lunch or appetizer!

vegan-air-fryer-tacos-xx.jpg.076ea71d0408e13af3c4cec1f97fe569.jpg

Get the recipe >>> Potato Air Fryer Tacos

Score big on game day with these crispy Potato Air Fryer Tacos - they're bite-sized, perfect for dipping, and totally crowd-pleasing!

Sloppy-Joe-Pockets-xx.jpg.9ee74a97b12f55ebd554bd0d19346bd5.jpg

Get the recipe >>> Sloppy Joe Pockets

Tender biscuits filled with a saucy Sloppy Joe ground beef filling make Sloppy Joe Pockets a delicious game day food for your Super Bowl party, on-the-go snack or hot lunch that’s fun for kids!

instant-pot-brats-xx.jpg.cbedb08057fc7f5dc595815548183c10.jpg

Get the recipe >>> Instant Pot Brats

Today we are making a delicious main dish, using only 3 ingredients where your favorite bratwurst and your favorite beer that come together to make an easy Instant Pot meal!

sticky-soy-wings-recipe.jpg.efa0bb5ad5771f324cf2b83bd7a0baa5.jpg

Because we are in Buffalo, a wings recipe: Sticky Soy Chicken Wings

These are juicy, sticky, super delicious and best of all, easy to make! Sticky soy chicken wings are solid side dishes to a meal or a perfect tasty snack on its own!

no-bake-football-cookies-recipe.jpg.77a9c6ad1c89b7eb6a242adac7f5cdad.jpg

Get the recipe >>> Easy No-Bake Football Shaped Cookies Using Madeleines

Football desserts do not get easier than this! These No-Bake Football Shaped Cookies are perfect for your at-home tailgating festivities!

shortbread-football-cookies-xx.jpg.bd865e3be8bc78ef5799e941a6363c71.jpg

Get the recipe >>> Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies

Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies are a sweet bite of deliciousness that are perfect for your tailgating party!

kickoff-cosmo-cocktail-recipe.jpg.cec5fa0111f7810c179f63f97038b32a.jpg

Get the recipe >>> Kickoff Cosmo Recipe

Looking for a cocktail for your at-home tailgate? This kickoff Cosmo is a perfect drink for game day.

More tailgating at home recipes can be found here:

● NFL Divisional Round Weekend: Playoff Tailgating at Home Menu

● NFL Wildcard Weekend: Playoff Tailgating at Home Menu

BillsFans.com - Ann

nfl-conference-championship-game-plaoff-tailgating-at-home-menu-horizontal.jpg

View full article

I’m thinking of making a deep dish pizza.

And an order of wings. 

With beer.

And whisky for the second half.

Edit: wife says I haven’t cooked for the first two gams and she doesn’t want me jinxing. 

Edited by snafu
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, snafu said:

And an order of wings. 

With beer.

Edit: wife says I haven’t cooked for the first two gams and she doesn’t want me jinxing. 

So, wings, beer, then whiskey?

42 minutes ago, snafu said:

And an order of wings. 

With beer.

For me beer is for the game, and whisky is for wins. I didn’t start with the whisky until the clock read 0:00 against Indy. Against Baltimore i got it out of the liquor cabinet before the Bills last drive, but didn’t pour one until after the running into the punter penalty made it impossible for the Ravens to get the ball back. Hopefully more whisky is in my future on Sunday. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

So, wings, beer, then whiskey?

Wings with the beer.

Then whisky.

2 hours ago, Chandemonium said:

For me beer is for the game, and whisky is for wins. I didn’t start with the whisky until the clock read 0:00 against Indy. Against Baltimore i got it out of the liquor cabinet before the Bills last drive, but didn’t pour one until after the running into the punter penalty made it impossible for the Ravens to get the ball back. Hopefully more whisky is in my future on Sunday. 

Win or lose, there will be whisky.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

CarpetCrawler
On 1/18/2021 at 7:59 PM, snafu said:

And an order of wings. 

With beer.

Wow, you married a smart one. 

I did wings for the Indy game, beef on weck for the Ravens.....I'm thinking something with kielbasa for the KC game.

Edited by CarpetCrawler

Don't know what we'll eat but I've worn a certain Bills shirt for the last 3 games.  Haven't washed it through this stretch and won't.  My version of a playoff beard. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

Don't know what we'll eat but I've worn a certain Bills shirt for the last 3 games.  Haven't washed it through this stretch and won't.  My version of a playoff beard. 

I have been wearing the same really old sweatshirt since the Chargers' game.  It hasn't been washed either.

The funniest thing is I'm not superstitious at all.  But this sweatshirt has made me a little stitious.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I have been wearing the same really old sweatshirt since the Chargers' game.  It hasn't been washed either.

The funniest thing is I'm not superstitious at all.  But this sweatshirt has made me a little stitious.

Hell, I'm a Christian and I still get superstitious over what I'm wearing game day. I'm still not convinced the Bills didn't lose to the Redskins SB because I wore a new hat during that game. My wife had a new shirt I got her at Christmas that she wore for the first time as we were settling in for the Colts playoff game and I started with "You're not wearing something new today..." and was easily glared back onto the sofa into quietude.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Hell, I'm a Christian and I still get superstitious over what I'm wearing game day. I'm still not convinced the Bills didn't lose to the Redskins SB because I wore a new hat during that game. My wife had a new shirt I got her at Christmas that she wore for the first time as we were settling in for the Colts playoff game and I started with "You're not wearing something new today..." and was easily glared back onto the sofa into quietude.

My wife got me some "AFC East Champions" gear.  I'll NEVER wear it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Alaska Darin said:

I got the new Won Not Done sweatshirt because my wife refuses to let me wear my 30-year-old Bills sweatshirt to church. That thing has beer and wing stains on it from my time in Orlando, with stops in Santa Clara, San Francisco, San Diego, and Santa Monica. They win this weekend and I'm breaking out the Zubaz and Bills sneakers from the attic.

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Wow, you married a smart one. 

I did wings for the Indy game, beef on weck for the Ravens.....I'm thinking something with kielbasa for the KC game.

She can't be THAT smart if she's stuck with me these many years.

Anyhow, I'll let her cook and I'll stick to the drinking.  I mentioned beef on weck and she's gonna run with that (I've go to keep her focused on wings, too -- that shouldn't be difficult).  Maybe I'll cook my pizza on Saturday and have leftovers for appetizers on Sunday.

I work in a Polish section of Brooklyn.  Kielbasa is a staple in my house.  We import the Webers mustard -- which sounds pretty good for the beef on weck, too if I forget to buy straight horseradish.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I ordered an AFC East Champions hat the week before the playoffs. It arrived at my house seconds before Josh’s rushing touchdown just before halftime against the Colts. I didn’t change hats that game, but I figured arriving when it did must’ve been a good omen so I wore it for the Ravens game and I’m happy to report it worked. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Mine, too.  A t-shirt. I made it pretty clear that this isn't really a thing to own.  I'll wear it when I paint the house or something.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

That looks like it would be really good, if I could find the recipe inside that narrative.

Why does every recipe have to be an autobiographical novel nowadays?

Money. You want "free" content? You gotta scroll through some ads. The story is for the regular readers, and has the bonus of making the post longer. Longer post = more ads.  More ads = more revenue. 

Every one of these websites needs to pay: for their time, the product, the cameras, the lighting, the programs to edit the RAW photos, the hosting, the VAs, the newsletter, and about 100 other things that go on behind the scene that cost money. 

Figure every one of those recipes you are reading costs in the neighborhood of $300 (or more) to produce (it is not just made once, recipe development can cost $$) and host.  All in the hope that they make it big on search, social, or via regular readers and, at minimum, make back their investment via those ads.

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Isn't that what the two-dozen &#%$ing pop-ups are for?

The large pop-ups are unlikely to be ads on a blog, unless it is a very large blog (those make mucho dinero and why they are on all the news websites). They are more likely a privacy and cookie policy (two if they are in California because it has to cover the EU policy + California policy), a "please subscribe to my newsletter" (because everyone wants to subscribe without looking at the website first :classic_rolleyes: ), and possible request for browser "notifications" and then after you X all those out... on to the ads. 🙂

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

That looks like it would be really good, if I could find the recipe inside that narrative.

Narrative:

As my German friend vud say, "You put da brats on da grill und keep turning dill brrown, Denn wait til dey krackle, no no vait zome more. Now, now dey juices bis kommen, dey bist done."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

CarpetCrawler
9 hours ago, snafu said:

She can't be THAT smart if she's stuck with me these many years.

Anyhow, I'll let her cook and I'll stick to the drinking.  I mentioned beef on weck and she's gonna run with that (I've go to keep her focused on wings, too -- that shouldn't be difficult).  Maybe I'll cook my pizza on Saturday and have leftovers for appetizers on Sunday.

I work in a Polish section of Brooklyn.  Kielbasa is a staple in my house.  We import the Webers mustard -- which sounds pretty good for the beef on weck, too if I forget to buy straight horseradish.

We're not that far from each other, I'm in Rockland County, the other side of the Hudson River (Tappan Zee Bridge). There are a couple of good Polish delis here, but I know they get all their stuff in Brooklyn. I'm also about 25 or 30 minutes from Garfield, NJ which has a huge Polish population, and I go to delis and bakeries there where they have to go get the one employee that speaks English to wait on me. There's a little shop that hand makes pierogi........oh man there's nothing like that. 

I buy the quart size Webers and get just about a year out of it. I still can't find really hot horse radish, I meant the kind that melts your nose hairs and sends your sinuses into next week. My beef on wecks came out great, I was really surprised how much my kids (well not kids....25 and 21) loved them.

• Cheers 1

CarpetCrawler
3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Brats done in an air fryer is my go to way to cook them now. Cook the sauerkraut with bacon separately.  

• Like 1
  • Wow 1