Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Virtual Off-Season Expected for 2021

Foxx

10 minutes ago, Ann said:

From the article...

This likely will be a topic of conversation during the union’s open call for all players, set for 4:00 p.m. ET today. The question is whether many rookies will dial in. All of them should. All of them should hear what’s said, so that they can make the best decisions they can regarding the commencement of their NFL careers.

And if they call, here’s a fair question to ask. Why aren’t veteran players from teams that aggressively use roster bonuses being asked to put some of their money at risk when rookies are being asked to put all of theirs in danger?

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1390684075422322689

While I doubt anyone will have the stones to ask it, I'd love to hear the answer.

It takes some balls to tell rookies - especially late round picks who have a ~50% or less chance to make a roster to begin with - to start skipping practices and workouts as a pathetic union negotiating tactic.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2021 at 11:33 AM, Hedge said:

We are just a few weeks away from teams signing a bunch of UDFAs who dream is to make an NFL team, not to mention the bubble players who desperately don't want to lose their jobs. Interesting times ahead.

Also, Denver:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hedge said:

Also, Denver:

You'll note that the union made no announcements about covering the $10 million their tackle may lose because he was injured off-site.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I'm guessing the NFLPA is feeling a bit unloved today.

Man, there is way to much money at stake for the majority of guys to miss these things...yep, the big names and guys with guaranteed years...no issue staying away?

Guys  on a $5M contract, not guarnateed with little dead cap and they drafted a rookie/signed a FA at my position?  Oh hell yea i am gunna be there!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Man, there is way to much money at stake for the majority of guys to miss these things...yep, the big names and guys with guaranteed years...no issue staying away?

For those on the fringe, a starting job maybe?

26 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Guys  on a $5M contract, not guarnateed with little dead cap and they drafted a rookie/signed a FA at my position?  Oh hell yea i am gunna be there!

With bells on. Jump you say?? How high?

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 hour ago, GG1 said:

Looks like a lot of players are giving NFLPA the finger

Much like the MLBPA, the NFLPA generally pursues the interests of the best paid superstars rather than the JAGs, aging veterans, guys on one year deals with minimal guarantees, and rookies and fringe players fighting for a spot at the end of the 53, who make up the overwhelming majority of the league.

It’s no surprise that they lack the support of what seems to be about 90% of the league when they pursue policy which does them harm.

• Like 1