Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Power Rankings

Ann

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

I can understand why some people get into them (recognition from the national sports media, etc.), but I don’t much care for them.

The power rankings, for me, seem to be about the talking heads making themselves bigger than the sports they cover.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I can understand why some people get into them (recognition from the national sports media, etc.), but I don’t much care for them.

The power rankings, for me, seem to be about the talking heads making themselves bigger than the sports they cover.

I do not disagree.  Sometimes it is fun to look, complain, or cheer on where your favorite teams falls on the list (and I cannot say I minded seeing the Patriots out of the top 10 😉 ) but ultimately, they mean little.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/15/2020 at 10:22 AM, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

They do it as a time filler because talking about football for 4 hours a day, 5 days a week is arduous even for the most fervent person.  It's obviously low brow stuff but so are most sports radio/tv shows.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Joe said:

Hell has frozen over

Nope,

According to this framed back page in my office Hell froze on October 20, 2004.

Daily News backpage dated Oct. 21, 2004, Headline: Hell Free : News Photo

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
17 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

They do it as a time filler because talking about football for 4 hours a day, 5 days a week is arduous even for the most fervent person.  It's obviously low brow stuff but so are most sports radio/tv shows.

This is, of course, true.

I simply loathe punditry and the culture it thrives in.

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

This is, of course, true.

I simply loathe punditry and the culture it thrives in.

I'd say I'm amazed that people like Cowherd, Kellerman, Bayless, Bilas, etc have any audiences but then I go do something like stop at a gas station and have to deal with people...and it all comes into focus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

still dont care

33 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Don’t care either, but it’s still nice to see. 

Yup

• 1 month later...