Jump to content

Power Rankings


Ann
 Share

Recommended Posts

I can understand why some people get into them (recognition from the national sports media, etc.), but I don’t much care for them.

 

The power rankings, for me, seem to be about the talking heads making themselves bigger than the sports they cover.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I can understand why some people get into them (recognition from the national sports media, etc.), but I don’t much care for them.

 

The power rankings, for me, seem to be about the talking heads making themselves bigger than the sports they cover.


I do not disagree.  Sometimes it is fun to look, complain, or cheer on where your favorite teams falls on the list (and I cannot say I minded seeing the Patriots out of the top 10 😉 ) but ultimately, they mean little.

 

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 10/15/2020 at 10:22 AM, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I can understand why some people get into them (recognition from the national sports media, etc.), but I don’t much care for them.

 

The power rankings, for me, seem to be about the talking heads making themselves bigger than the sports they cover.

They do it as a time filler because talking about football for 4 hours a day, 5 days a week is arduous even for the most fervent person.  It's obviously low brow stuff but so are most sports radio/tv shows.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

They do it as a time filler because talking about football for 4 hours a day, 5 days a week is arduous even for the most fervent person.  It's obviously low brow stuff but so are most sports radio/tv shows.


This is, of course, true.

 

I simply loathe punditry and the culture it thrives in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:


This is, of course, true.

 

I simply loathe punditry and the culture it thrives in.

I'd say I'm amazed that people like Cowherd, Kellerman, Bayless, Bilas, etc have any audiences but then I go do something like stop at a gas station and have to deal with people...and it all comes into focus.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Guidelines