Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Power Rankings

Ann

Crap Throwing Clavin

Reposting Elo rankings here for consistency:

Bills are #1, with a ranking of 1690.  +33 over last week, which is the second-highest change (Bears are +34 this week, thanks to...not completely sucking).   Bucs are 1664.

Ravens improved with last night's win to the point that, while the Bills' rating stayed the same, their Superbowl odds declined by 1%, from 19% to 18%.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I am afraid to believe. Though to be honest... those thoughts are becoming evermore omnipresent

Believe. It's time.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Ravens improved with last night's win to the point that, while the Bills' rating stayed the same, their Superbowl odds declined by 1%, from 19% to 18%.

The Ravens have done a good job winning, but let's be honest...they're a couple of missed Blankenship kicks and an Edwards-Helaire fumble away from being .500 right now.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
29 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Believe. It's time.

A lot can happen between now and January.  This time last year. the Bucs Elo rating gave them a 3% chance of winning the Superbowl.

Numbers, ratings, and rankings are fun...but you still have to play the game.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

This time last year. the Bucs Elo rating gave them a 3% chance of winning the Superbowl.

And yet they did not turn to stone.

Crap Throwing Clavin

Arpad Elo, @$$h@l&s.

As though this is going to make any difference.  At all.  I know, it's just going to encourage you gits.

At least I only dislike ELO.  Thank God that rating wasn't invented by a guy named "Petty."

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Arpad Elo, @$$h@l&s.

As though this is going to make any difference.  At all.  I know, it's just going to encourage you gits.

At least I only dislike ELO.  Thank God that rating wasn't invented by a guy named "Petty."

Good thing Jeff Lynne and Tom Petty never got together to make an album.  

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, GG1 said:

Good thing Jeff Lynne and Tom Petty never got together to make an album.  

You mean Otis Wilbury and Charlie T. Wilbury, Jr.  

Junior was a &#%$ing punk.

On 10/13/2021 at 11:46 AM, IDBillzFan said:

It's funny to me watching NFL Teams do this kind of stuff on Twitter. The responses are particularly funny with Bills fans involved.

Why did they pick ESPN? They could have picked a bunch of other outlets who also ranked them the same way.

I'm also getting very tired of having to hear about the Steelers game. The Vikings missed little more than a chip shot to lose against the Cards, if he had made that kick like he does 9/10 times, do the Cards still stand on the same solid footing?

Edited by Boxcar
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Why did they pick ESPN? They could have picked a bunch of other outlets who also ranked them the same way.

I'm also getting very tired of having to hear about the Steelers game. The Vikings missed little more than a chip shot to lose against the Cards, if he had made that kick like he does 9/10 times, do the Cards still stand on the same solid footing?

Frankly, I think this is just the new trend of NFL Team twitter accounts speaking for fans, much like the Bills Twitter went after Nick Wright, or responding to the Chief's Twitter account when it was stupid enough before Sunday's game to remind everyone what happened the last time the Chief's played the Bills.  Or like the Titans celebrating 1 year since Henry tossed Josh Norman like a beanbag.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Frankly, I think this is just the new trend of NFL Team twitter accounts speaking for fans, much like the Bills Twitter went after Nick Wright, or responding to the Chief's Twitter account when it was stupid enough before Sunday's game to remind everyone what happened the last time the Chief's played the Bills.  Or like the Titans celebrating 1 year since Henry tossed Josh Norman like a beanbag.

Speaking of Nick Wright, here are his power rankings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAMwBbsfyvI

I might be the only one, but I love Nick Wright. He's a phenomenal heel. I'm not a fan of him injecting a lot of political discussion in some of his segments, but he's very entertaining.

Edited by Boxcar

Anywhere in the top 5, IMO

2. Buffalo Bills

Previous rank: No. 1

Sean McDermott might receive criticism for his decision to go for it on fourth-and-1 rather than kick the chip-shot field goal late in the closing seconds against the Titans, but he won’t deserve it. The coaches who matter in today’s NFL eschew conservative decision-making in favor of trust in their best players. On Monday night, with the game hanging in the balance, McDermott put his faith in Josh Allen to secure the win. The disastrous outcome -- Buffalo’s offensive line was compromised by Titans bodies and Allen lost his footing short of the marker -- is unfortunate, but the Bills likely went to the locker room knowing that’s a game they win nine out of 10 times.

• Like 4

Crap Throwing Clavin

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2021-nfl-predictions/

Bills are now #2 in Elo rankings, behind Tampa (rating of 1672, drop of 18 points).  

Still #1 to make the playoffs (97% probability) and win the Superbowl (14%).

(Side note: ever since I started posting "Elo rankings," Amazon is sending me offers for Electric Light Orchestra music.  Thank God we're not talking about NASCAR and Kyle Petty.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

DaBillsFanSince1973

dropping only one spot says a lot. they may have lost but they battled to the end and one play from a win. had they went in there and got man handled and only scored 17 points, likely would of dropped to 5th or worse.

two weeks to get in to shape to squish the fish and move forward concentrating on winning the division.

• Like 1