Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Power Rankings

Ann

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Prisco dropped them to 7th :lol: 

And dropped the Titans from 10th to 13th.

I think he might be an idiot.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

And dropped the Titans from 10th to 13th.

I think he might be an idiot.

Cowherd (not like it means much but he didn't overreact) and Hanzus dropped the Bills to #2 behind the Cardinals. Guys like Pete Prisco are really overplaying the significance of the loss here.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
Alaska Darin
On 10/19/2021 at 6:45 PM, Boxcar said:

Cowherd (not like it means much but he didn't overreact) and Hanzus dropped the Bills to #2 behind the Cardinals. Guys like Pete Prisco are really overplaying the significance of the loss here.

Just in case anyone wanted a reminder of how important early season power rankings are.  😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/3/2022 at 3:10 PM, Alaska Darin said:

Just in case anyone wanted a reminder of how important early season power rankings are.  😄

• Haha 3

• 5 weeks later...

I guess it’s a power ranking 

NFL roster rankings for all 32 teams for 2022: Strengths, weaknesses and X factors for every starting lineup

1. Buffalo Bills

Biggest strength: The only two quarterbacks with a higher PFF grade than Josh Allen over the past two seasons are Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. The physical tools were always there, but Allen has managed to add the accuracy that was missing during his first few years in the league. Allen's development is the primary reason the Bills enter the 2022 season as Super Bowl favorites, though general manager Brandon Beane and the rest of this front office deserve credit for building a complete roster.

Biggest weakness: The right side of Buffalo's offensive line has some potential with Ryan Bates and Spencer Brown, but neither has much experience. Bates earned a 64.4 PFF grade in five starts at left guard in 2021 -- his first season with over 100 offensive snaps -- and Brown came away from his rookie season last year with a 59.3 PFF pass-blocking grade from 846 offensive snaps. The Bills are banking on those two growing together on the right side, but it could be a weak point.

X factor for 2022: The version of Von Miller that helped fuel a Super Bowl run for the Los Angeles Rams last season is still one of the best pass-rushers in the NFL. Across those four postseason games, Miller recorded 22 quarterback pressures (one shy of Aaron Donald's 23) to go along with a playoff-high 92.6 PFF pass-rushing grade. The Bills will be hoping that Miller can maintain that level of play and avoid injuries in his age-33 season because he can be a game-changer for their defense if he does.

• Like 2

PFF, Sam Monson

NFL power rankings ahead of the 2022 season

The bulk of the NFL offseason is already behind us, with free agency and the draft adding a wealth of new talent to teams as well as removing some. There is still time to tinker around the edges of rosters, but by and large, the biggest needle-moving changes have been made, so we now have a better idea of which teams are contenders and pretenders for the 2022 NFL season.

With that in mind, here is each NFL team ranked into tiers as we look ahead to the season.

TRUE CONTENDERS

1. BUFFALO BILLS

It’s tough to look beyond the Bills as the single best roster in football. They didn’t even make it to the AFC Championship last season, but they were 13 seconds and some suicidal defense away from doing so at the end of the game against the Kansas City Chiefs. Josh Allen proved that his breakout year was no fluke, and the Bills has been able to add luxuries such as Von Miller to try and put them over the top.

• Like 1

CBS is getting in on the early rankings.  

1. Bills

It's no wonder Josh Allen's getting lots of MVP buzz entering year five. Not only is the QB a star in his own right, but he's got an enviable supporting cast, starting with a one-two-three punch of Stefon Diggs, Gabriel Davis and Jamison Crowder out wide. That group alone can put on a clinic with route-running (Diggs), deep speed (Davis) and slot work (Crowder), and James Cook's addition to the backfield should give Allen another outlet. The line isn't perfect, but Allen's natural athleticism doesn't require it.

Sean McDermott's defense, meanwhile, is probably even more improved coming off three straight playoff runs. Who will dare play their front four (Von Miller, Ed Oliver, DaQuan Jones, Greg Rousseau) with confidence? Behind them, it's one play-maker after another, with Matt Milano and Tremaine Edmunds manning the middle, Kaiir Elam joining Tre'Davious White in coverage and the aging but savvy safety duo of Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer rounding out the secondary. If this team doesn't at least advance to the AFC Championship, fans across New York will be sorely disappointed, and rightfully so.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

NFL power rankings ahead of the 2022 season (PFF)

1. BUFFALO BILLS

It’s tough to look beyond the Bills as the single best roster in football. They didn’t even make it to the AFC Championship last season, but they were 13 seconds and some suicidal defense away from doing so at the end of the game against the Kansas City Chiefs. Josh Allen proved that his breakout year was no fluke, and the Bills has been able to add luxuries such as Von Miller to try and put them over the top.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Are the Ravens ahead of the Bengals because they’re due to turn the tables on the two thrashings the Bengals gave them last year?

I dunno but to be fair, the Ravens had a severe rash of injuries to their RB's and CB's  last year.

PackerNation

I'm not sure some understand what power rankings are. Many in the media don't understand what a power ranking actually is either. I know for a fact that Mike Florio and Colin Cowherd have no clue whatsoever.

It's not a list of what any one person thinks are the rank of all 32 teams at any given time.

Power ranking takes into account injuries, takes into account the coaching staff, takes into account depth and overall roster etc, etc...

Not just a Top 20 list.

I prefer to look at the teams that are true Super Bowl contenders for this 2022 season.

There are 5:

Green Bay

Kansas City

L.A. Rams

Buffalo

Tampa Bay

Teams like Cincy, Denver, Dallas, Oakland, and the Chargers, are pretenders until they prove more. 

Edited by PackerNation

4merper4mer
11 hours ago, Foxx said:

I dunno but to be fair, the Ravens had a severe rash of injuries to their RB's and CB's  last year.

Even with that, both they and the Broncos are ranked way too high IMO.  I like the Broncos roster in general but they haven’t proven a thing.  In a ranking like this, they should at best be on equal footing with the Raiders who were better last season and added a tip top receiver.

The Ravens did have injuries but their offense struggled with and without Jackson and they were incredibly lucky in some early season wins handed to them by other teams including the Lions Colts and Vikings.

that thing is a general mess if you ask me.  I get that the AFC is reputed to be a gauntlet and I agree but last year’s winner makes significant improvements to their biggest weakness, their OL, and gets ranked 6th behind a team they absolutely crushed twice?  Shirley they can’t be serious.

Pittsburgh…too low, Miami…too high and possibly the Jets are in the wrong places too.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Cheers 2