Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2021 Available Free Agents: Who do you want?

Ann

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Seeing some of the early releases for cap purposes, any input?

I have always been a fan of getting free agent veteran offensive lineman, who only were cut for monetary reasons.

then draft d- line and backs.

• Like 1

The Athletic (paid site) put together a list of possible free agents on every team.  It is also a list of who is available for GM shopping, and why they might be available.

This is who they list as salary cap cuts for Buffalo:

WR John Brown, 30
DT Vernon Butler, 26
DT Quinton Jefferson, 27
DE Mario Addison, 33
C Mitch Morse, 29

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

On 2/16/2021 at 2:42 PM, Alaska Darin said:

I would take Short on a one year "prove it" deal with very little guaranteed money.

Even in light of his last two years?

1 minute ago, Ann said:

Even in light of his last two years?

He's a total stud when he's on the field.  I wouldn't pay him much of anything in either salary or bonus but he's a difference maker who's worth taking a chance on.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

He's a total stud when he's on the field.  I wouldn't pay him much of anything in either salary or bonus but he's a difference maker who's worth taking a chance on.

That was the rationale with Darryl Williams.

I see a huge difference in taking a chance on an injured guy who had performed in the past vs a guy who you're still waiting for a breakout in his 5th year.

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

Haven't heard much about Miller the past couple years....is it just that the team fell apart around him or is he not quite the guy (at 32) he was five years ago?

Reason I ask is because I trust a bigger guy like Watt in his 30s over someone like Miller if he doesn't quite have the same burst anymore.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KD in CA said:

And if Cleveland becomes the Dodgers, I really can't express just how pissed off I will be.

Terry is cheap.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Ann said:

Buffalo Bills: 6 players to add this offseason to form a ‘super team’

...This raises the hypothetical question of who the Buffalo Bills might be able to add this offseason to create their own ‘super team’ for this upcoming season.

While free agency is about finding value or the ascending players, putting together a team like Edmonds is describing general manager Brandon Beane wouldn’t have to look past this season. He could add a unique blend of veterans and younger players to support the core group he has of Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs, and Tremaine Edmunds.

In this hypothetical scenario, these are six players the Bills could add to create that ‘super team’ for this upcoming season. ...