Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2021 Available Free Agents: Who do you want?

Ann

11 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Kyle Rudolph anyone? He was released by the Vikings.

2 time Pro-Bowler, last one was '17.

I am not sure it was a dig at Diggs or not. Maybe if I had been following the Vikings situation closely it would be more obvious? 🤷‍♂️

</snip>

During a recent appearance on the “Unrestricted with Ben Leber” podcast, Minnesota tight end Kyle Rudolph described how his role in the offense has required him to block more instead of catching passes during the last few seasons.

“You go back to the beginning of (the 2019) season and I’m like, ‘I can either get really good at the only thing I’m asked to do or I can complain about it and I can cause a scene (and) throw a fit. What’s going to be more productive for our team and for this organization?’”

Wonder what Rudolph was referencing when he mentioned complaining and causing a scene? It couldn’t have had anything to do with the circus Diggs created during the middle of the 2019 season because he wasn’t happy with his role in Vikings offense, could it?

</snip>

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Ann said:

I am not sure it was a dig at Diggs or not. Maybe if I had been following the Vikings situation closely it would be more obvious? 🤷‍♂️

</snip>

During a recent appearance on the “Unrestricted with Ben Leber” podcast, Minnesota tight end Kyle Rudolph described how his role in the offense has required him to block more instead of catching passes during the last few seasons.

“You go back to the beginning of (the 2019) season and I’m like, ‘I can either get really good at the only thing I’m asked to do or I can complain about it and I can cause a scene (and) throw a fit. What’s going to be more productive for our team and for this organization?’”

Wonder what Rudolph was referencing when he mentioned complaining and causing a scene? It couldn’t have had anything to do with the circus Diggs created during the middle of the 2019 season because he wasn’t happy with his role in Vikings offense, could it?

</snip>

Who ended up being proven right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Either the NFL and/or NFLPA are abject morons for not pushing a salary cap adjustment for the '21 season.

• Like 3

Singletary had a fine rookie year, like fellow FAU alum Alfred Morris did for Washington in 2012.

Unfortunately -- like Morris -- It was one and done. Elusiveness was his biggest asset his rookie year. Now he goes down like a prom dress on contact. Judgment is still out on Moss, but I'm in the sub-"meh" camp at this moment.

I want Aaron Jones. I want Chris Carson. We can't afford either, so I'll be realistic.

Enter Mike Davis, FA, Carolina. He filled in admirably last year when the league's best RB went down. He just turned 28, is 2" taller, 15 lbs. heavier and just as fast as Singletary. He has low mileage. He's a bowling ball who can run over people and power his way for those tough yards we couldn't get at times last year. More importantly, he makes defenders miss. In 2020, he forced 43 missed tackles as a runner and 22 as a receiver in limited action. Yes, please.

I'm not saying Davis is "the man." But on this team, he wouldn't have to be. Draft another RB and let Singletary, Moss and the rookie beat each other's brains out in training camp. Last man standing is our #2.

Edited by Mahoney
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sum Ting Wong said:

Singletary had a fine rookie year, like fellow FAU alum Alfred Morris did for Green Bay in 2012.

Unfortunately -- like Morris -- It was one and done. Devin -- once touted for his elusiveness -- goes down like a prom dress on contact. Judgment is still out on Moss, but I'm in the sub-"meh" camp at this moment.

I want Aaron Jones. I want Chris Carson. We can't afford either, so I'll be realistic.

Enter Mike Davis, FA, Carolina. He filled in admirably last year when the league's best RB went down. He just turned 28, is 2" taller, 15 lbs. heavier and just as fast as Singletary. He has low mileage. He's a bowling ball who can run over people and power his way for those tough yards we couldn't get at times last year. More importantly, he makes defenders miss. In 2020, he forced 43 missed tackles as a runner and 22 as a receiver in limited action. Yes, please.

I'm not saying Davis is "the man." But on this team, he wouldn't have to be. Draft another RB and let Singletary, Moss and the rookie beat each other's brains out in training camp. Last man standing is our #2.

He was a Panther. That's as good as done. 😉

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1