Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Reserves/Futures contract signings. The next season has started here in Buffalo

Fansince88

Jake Kumerow and Antonio Williams today. Add to this post if you see moves. Mods, it this should be merged please do so. If you want it pinned be my guest. 

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2021/01/bills-sign-jake-kumerow-antonio-williams-to-reservefutures-contract-tracker.html

Thinking the Antonio Williams signing is big. Devin did not seem hungry to me. I could be totally wrong but I see a competition a brewing!  

• Like 2

John Brown is very happy that Stills didn't sign the futures contract.  Surprised about Harrison, especially with Morse's questionable return next season.

Maybe these guys think they can do better in FA?

44 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

For everyone that is wondering.....Yes. Christian Wade can be brought up next year. But joking aside good to see Antonio "The Man" Williams kept around.

Both RBs looked more explosive than Singletary & Moss, but that's only a part of the job.   Who knows how good/bad they are in pass catching and rush pickups.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Both RBs looked more explosive than Singletary & Moss, but that's only a part of the job.   Who knows how good/bad they are in pass catching and rush pickups.

Absolutely!

On 1/25/2021 at 7:33 PM, Fansince88 said:

Jake Kumerow and Antonio Williams today. Add to this post if you see moves. Mods, it this should be merged please do so. If you want it pinned be my guest. 

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2021/01/bills-sign-jake-kumerow-antonio-williams-to-reservefutures-contract-tracker.html

Thinking the Antonio Williams signing is big. Devin did not seem hungry to me. I could be totally wrong but I see a competition a brewing!  

In our limited glimpse of Williams, he sure seemed to run hungry. Would have been interesting to see what he had against KC.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

In our limited glimpse of Williams, he sure seemed to run hungry. Would have been interesting to see what he had against KC.

The problem (as I see it) is when he's in the game, they're either loading the box to stop him or blitzing like crazy because they want to see if he knows his assignment.  The AFCCG is no place to find out how good your rookie RB is at figuring out his blitz pickup.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The problem (as I see it) is when he's in the game, they're either loading the box to stop him or blitzing like crazy because they want to see if he knows his assignment.  The AFCCG is no place to find out how good your rookie RB is at figuring out his blitz pickup.

Or how quickly he can grow a 3rd hand to prevent fumbles against elite defenders that can punch the ball out.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

True, but considering the outcome of the game and the overall ineffectiveness of the offense, it might have been worthwhile to insert him and see how the KC D reacted. If they indeed loaded the box, play action would have much more useful in limiting their strategy of doubling two or three of our receivers all game.

22 minutes ago, Foxx said:

True, but considering the outcome of the game and the overall ineffectiveness of the offense, it might have been worthwhile to insert him and see how the KC D reacted. If they indeed loaded the box, play action would have much more useful in limiting their strategy of doubling two or three of our receivers all game.

I'd be curious to see the team's reaction to putting a rookie into the AFCCG.  Decisions like that can be pretty divisive in a team environment.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'd be curious to see the team's reaction to putting a rookie into the AFCCG.  Decisions like that can be pretty divisive in a team environment.

Not just for rookies.  I think it's obvious in retrospect that Spain threw a fit when he was benched but Brian Winters remained in the lineup.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It likely means little but it's nice the Christian Wade is signed. He'll have a real chance to make the team.

He either makes the team or he is gone this next season. Hoping for the former unless the latter is necessary. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

He either makes the team or he is gone this next season. Hoping for the former unless the latter is necessary. 

Wonder how he’d be as a punt returner.