Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Reserves/Futures contract signings. The next season has started here in Buffalo

Fansince88

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Wonder how he’d be as a punt returner. 

Maybe as a kick returner - more time to use his speed and moves.

The punt returner needs to make the catch while getting ready to make the first man there miss.  A harder skill set to learn.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

He either makes the team or he is gone this next season. Hoping for the former unless the latter is necessary. 

Didn’t Wade have something like an international player designation this past season (and maybe even last) and couldn’t even have been called up  if the Bills had wanted it after the regular season started? He may still have at least one year left of PS eligibility.

PromoTheRobot
35 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Didn’t Wade have something like an international player designation this past season (and maybe even last) and couldn’t even have been called up  if the Bills had wanted it after the regular season started? He may still have at least one year left of PS eligibility.

You are correct. He could have made the roster but if placed on the PS, he would be exempt, not counting toward player limits, and he could not be called up. That was in effect for two seasons. But now he either makes the team, gets added to the PS like a normal player, or is gone. I think we're all eager to see if that preseason TD run vs the Colts meant anything.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Hedge said:

I am sure you are right. That said, do we have a preseason? That is where he would haver to steal a spot.

40 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I am sure you are right. That said, do we have a preseason? That is where he would haver to steal a spot.

Unless things really head southward, I can't imagine not having a preseason after they just finished a full season.   I think they didn't have enough time to put the procedures in place to play games in August, and put all efforts to ensure the regular season started on time.

Next season will be much different from a timing standpoint.  I think minicamps will be affected, but I fully expect things will be back to semi-normal once camp begins.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

This will be the 25th straight year the Bills have had at least one player named "Williams" under contract.

Let's wait until after Labor Day

Just now, DC Tom said:

I think the maximum at one time was five, during the Mario years.

I deleted that thinking I said too much. 🙂  You are quick.

• 5 months later...