Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Covid Thread - NFL Impacts

plenzmd1

6 minutes ago, LB3 said:

The Covid element to the Bills- Titans game was much harder on the Bills despite the annoyingly constant credit the announcers gave to the Titans.

What's wrong with this headline?

Rested Bills melt down with mistakes in 42-16 loss to Titans

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Shefty reporting Falcons have 4 positives. Shutting down facilities. Play Vikings this week, game in jeopardy

And no change on that game being played (at this time).

• Like 4

I feel like the NFL is just barely holding it together at this point.  I've been on pins and needles waiting for a big multi-team outbreak that drives a full two week break (which would f----g suck).    

And there's no way this isn't impacting the Bills with this awful October lineup of COVID opponents.

1 hour ago, Ann said:

How nice for them to have their game postponed and get their stars back. Bunch of bs.

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

How nice for them to have their game postponed and get their stars back. Bunch of bs.

Assuming you are not surprised?

16 minutes ago, Ann said:

False positives

Be great if they told us what "troubling initial test" means. I assume these are the daily PCR tests? Or are they doing daily antigen tests? Anyone know for sure?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Apparently Pats* had another positive test today and are awaiting results on another.  Practice canceled.

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Be great if they told us what "troubling initial test" means. I assume these are the daily PCR tests? Or are they doing daily antigen tests? Anyone know for sure?

My guess is the NFL is battling with the rogue release of test results - which is why the Titans were not punished severely.

The head NFL medic, Dr Sills, has acknowledged that positive PCR tests run at more than 30 cycles are worthless.

The NFL was reviewing all tests and essentially ignoring positives of > 30 cycles.

However, results are being leaked to the media causing the sudden increase in positives - with no one sick

The NFL is walking a fine line to avoid setting off a backlash

• Like 2