Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Covid Thread - NFL Impacts

plenzmd1

Holy hell, athletes, including pro athletes , not exempt for PA mask mandat, that was issued by Sec of Health. A non elected official. 

How this does not scare the living hell out of every American is beyond me. 

• Angry 1

13 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Holy hell, athletes, including pro athletes , not exempt for PA mask mandat, that was issued by Sec of Health. A non elected official. 

But, science!!

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Zero evidence of any transmission in any college or pro game that I know of. This is freaking nuts. 

I'm not an anti-masker, but I agreed with their fear that the slippery slope of how masks will be mandated.   

Yet we'll have the FDRs of this world try to convince normal people that it's not a big deal, because faceless bureaucrats know best.

PS - as an aside, with Trump possibly gone, maybe some sanity will return to the questioning press and maybe they'll focus on insane edicts like this.

Edited by GG1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GG1 said:

PS - as an aside, with Trump possibly gone, maybe some sanity will return to the questioning press and maybe they'll focus on insane edicts like this.

I'm sure they'll get right on that. :classic_laugh:

I can’t wait to see the PA State Troopers on the field arresting players and frog marching them out of the stadium into the waiting paddy wagons. Maybe some of the players will get some noggin cracking with night sticks for good effect. 

That’s some tough protocol there MS. unelected bureaucrat. 

I’m sure The League will be fine with that. 

On 11/20/2020 at 9:09 AM, plenzmd1 said:

WTF?????????? And this from a Sec of Health that doesn't even know what sex it is?

33 minutes ago, Cinga said:

WTF?????????? And this from a Sec of Health that doesn't even know what sex it is?

See the tweet I posted above.

• Like 1

Not quite impact on the NFL, but tangentially could be. 

As y’all know from my LAMP posts, daughter swims at a very good D3 swimming program. Would beat most D1 programs outside Top 25. Last week they had a “ virtual” meet with a bunch of other D3 programs. Even with it being a “ meet” , no scoring was kept as daughters school is only one of the the top 10 schools still swimming. 

anyhow, due to Covid restrictions , practice schedules have gone from 7 in water and 3 dry land workouts a week to 4 and 1. 

combine that with no competition,  no spectators etc, everyone including the coach was expecting not very fast times. Lo and behold the men set like 6 varsity and pool records, women 2, and personal bests were getting hit all over the place. 

duaghter got home last night and said coaching staff is starting to wonder if traditional swimming coaching methods beat people up to much without enough rest, and even if restrictions lighten up in January they will keep this same routine and look at year end results. 

be interesting if Covid is having the same effect in other sports. We certainly know about load management in hockey and basketball, wonder if this type of results will ever see starters sitting in NFL games, or at the least taking more “ veterans rest day”. 

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like 1
  • FANtastic 1